Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some lucky bastard got his hands on this jumper, I wasn't even allowed to take a photo of it.

This was the jumper I was talking about on this board in 2014 when I said the club wanted a Bears clash jumper in 2015 but got denied by the AFL and that they thought names on the back of jumpers was a certainty.

View attachment 581767 View attachment 581768
That would probably be one of the best ever clash jumpers if it got approved (not including Freo's 3D anchor of course, that would just make the playing field too uneven :D)

Why was it denied by the AFL?
The AFL have some very random rule that certain clubs have to have a percentage of white in their clash... and some don't

2vn3pf7.jpg

2dt53sk.jpg

Would love the club to bring in this clash now teams seem to not have to be in white, also like this edit I just made, add the line to make it a true 1987 to 1991 Bears based jumper.

2vn3pf7.jpg

2dt53sk.jpg

Would love the club to bring in this clash now teams seem to not have to be in white, also like this edit I just made, add the line to make it a true 1987 to 1991 Bears based jumper.
That's so smart! I'm sure some old Fitzroy fan would be angry at them playing around with the lion but it works really well to give make it feel more like a bears jumper.

That's so smart! I'm sure some old Fitzroy fan would be angry at them playing around with the lion but it works really well to give make it feel more like a bears jumper.

Even putting a space between the Lion's ball and the beginning of the Bear's line would mean the idea of a Bears-themed jumper is retained while not interfering with the Lion

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
2vn3pf7.jpg

2dt53sk.jpg

Lets just hope if they do that they put the back line on the correct side ;)

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
I love this photo of Neesham, honestly looks like he should have a six pack of Furphys under his arm or sipping a gin at Section 8.
It looks like Neesham is judging a nose picking contest and is surprised by the quality of the finalists.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not sure about that.
I know the EDFL used this at one stage
View attachment 613248
I think they then went to an Essendon-style jumper but now no longer compete in the league. That’s a shame because my dad wants me to move to an EDFL club but I can’t prove that the NFL is better any more.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I think they then went to an Essendon-style jumper but now no longer compete in the league. That’s a shame because my dad wants me to move to an EDFL club but I can’t prove that the NFL is better any more.
Yes, a thin sash version.
Many years ago they used a Red jumper with a Black EDFL patch over the left breast.
EDFL-Rep.png

Last edited:
Back