Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

Another prototype Port Macron guernsey used different shade of teal
View attachment 1151792
I personally love that more 'green' version of teal used in the Power's early days, but I can understand why they wanted to move to a more 'blue' teal given the clubs history with it. It would make more sense to stick with that one if they went with a more aquatic moniker like Sharks or Dolphins.

I personally love that more 'green' version of teal used in the Power's early days, but I can understand why they wanted to move to a more 'blue' teal given the clubs history with it. It would make more sense to stick with that one if they went with a more aquatic moniker like Sharks or Dolphins.
Adelaide Sharks is relaunching a 2022 bid, you heard it here first

Adelaide Sharks is relaunching a 2022 bid, you heard it here first

It will be a Norwood based bid, and when the time comes for heritage jumpers they can fight with Melbourne to wear the navy red and blue jumper 😝😝😝

*Runs for cover*

It (probably) won't. Castore are still making the player guernseys, Sekem just covering for the time being until properly sized Castore guernseys arrive. Well thats if your CEO isn't lying. Wouldn't be surprised if Eagles have made Castore change the stitching though.

Sekem are still making all the players gear to this day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1170340
2016 Crows guernsey with an all-gold collar. Instead the collar ended up staying the same as 2015, with the bottom/small part of the collar being navy.
Interestingly the long sleeve replicas that year had a navy collar, which makes me think the Crows flirted with a few different colourings for the collar for 2016.
View attachment 1170342
blue collar Long sleeve would be so clean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1170340
2016 Crows guernsey with an all-gold collar. Instead the collar ended up staying the same as 2015, with the bottom/small part of the collar being navy.
Interestingly the long sleeve replicas that year had a navy collar, which makes me think the Crows flirted with a few different colourings for the collar for 2016.
View attachment 1170342
I actually really dig the navy collar a lot more than the gold collar and cuffs. Hope they go back to it one day.

I actually really dig the navy collar a lot more than the gold collar and cuffs. Hope they go back to it one day.
Didn't Adidas roll a navy collar one year?

View attachment 1170340
View attachment 1170342

I saw the top photo and thought it was Bulldogs with a white collar. Haha

1625400259358.png
2007 Saints clash was originally going to have a v-neck and curvier striping going off this.
(As said on page 1 guernsey on the right was never worn as the left guernsey was voted in instead by fans in 2006)
1625400982590.png
This particular guernsey, which I'm guessing is a replica, has the v-neck still but what the players wore had the different collar.
1625401180979.png

Mero designed the chevron one iirc
That is correct, and I therefore took a keen interest in the poll on the Saints website in the early months of 2007.
With a day to go, the chevron jumper was several hundred in front of the jumpers with the cracked logo.
Then, overnight, somehow the cracked logo received over a thousand votes and jumped to the lead as time ran out.
I made some enquiries with people I knew at club level, and discovered that jumper designs are approved a year before their use.
The cracked logo jumper had been approved and manufactured before the poll was run on the website.
In 2007 Skins template had the neck bar across the collar, and in 2008 it was removed, however this also had a different sponsor than the jumper shown
1625415235547.png .

With a day to go, the chevron jumper was several hundred in front of the jumpers with the cracked logo.
Then, overnight, somehow the cracked logo received over a thousand votes and jumped to the lead as time ran out.
obligatory Simpsons gif
200.gif

5e54353a092dcdaa69c0fd4846c74003.jpg

The 2021 disallowed Macron PB guernsey without the Port Logo, while sporting a white MG logo is particularly clean.

That is correct, and I therefore took a keen interest in the poll on the Saints website in the early months of 2007.
I made some enquiries with people I knew at club level, and discovered that jumper designs are approved a year before their use.
The cracked logo jumper had been approved and manufactured before the poll was run on the website.
In 2007 Skins template had the neck bar across the collar, and in 2008 it was removed, however this also had a different sponsor than the jumper shown
View attachment 1171062.
:think::think::think:

This explains why the crows randomly stuck with the 2016-17 clash after the poll.......

Wonder if there's a prototype of option E somewhere?

5e54353a092dcdaa69c0fd4846c74003.jpg

The 2021 disallowed Macron PB guernsey without the Port Logo, while sporting a white MG logo is particularly clean.
Grey outline around the number panel? The bottom might be shadow, but the vertical line doesn't look that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back