Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

Grey outline around the number panel? The bottom might be shadow, but the vertical line doesn't look that way.

Black stitching up the side of the Macron jumper and a convenient fold at the bottom of the panel giving an almost perfect illusion of a grey outline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1627302084800.png
Prototype PI 2006 Crows jumper. Quite different compared to final thing, as it didn't have the weird side panels. Featuring different Camry box too.
1627303369642.png
(It is certainly not a prototype replica because the material is of the PI kind and its missing cuffs.)

The jumper also explains a couple of irregulaties on the 2006 replicas.
It explains why the home replicas did not have side panels in 2006, the replicas were going off that early side panel-less design that the prototype used.
1627303469740.png

Also explains why the red clash guernsey replicas had a different Camry box. Adidas/AFC did not get around to updating the Camry box to the final version instead of the prototype version (as seen on the prototype) on the red guernsey replicas.
1627303946031.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1188135
Prototype PI 2006 Crows jumper. Quite different compared to final thing, as it didn't have the weird side panels. Featuring different Camry box too.
View attachment 1188166
(It is certainly not a prototype replica because the material is of the PI kind and its missing cuffs.)

The jumper also explains a couple of irregulaties on the 2006 replicas.
It explains why the home replicas did not have side panels in 2006, the replicas were going off that early side panel-less design that the prototype used.
View attachment 1188168

Also explains why the red clash guernsey replicas had a different Camry box. Adidas/AFC did not get around to updating the Camry box to the final version instead of the prototype verison (as seen on the prototype) on the red guernsey replicas.
View attachment 1188175
It was probably just me, but I always liked those side panels. Probably my favourite Crows home jumper ever.

Am I the only one that thinks that still looks like teal but just faded due to photo editing???
Not sure, the old AFL logo still seems like it's correctly coloured. But you could be right.

It's a strange one, almost like the gold/blue dress viral photo.

I wouldn't have even thought it was silver until it was pointed out! My eye went to the Coopers logo haha. Depends on what computer screen I look at it on, one definitely looks silver the other looks teal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny when I was looking at the photo on Facebook the swoosh looked to be teal, but once I copied it in here it looks white.
Heres the photo directly linked to Facebook instead copied onto BF.
228041390_10159327531273550_4849280684155101112_n.jpg

Facebook

That Nike tick on the collar definitely looks teal!

Seen on Instagram today 👀. Complete with NRL logo at the bottom right. Any ideas on what this might be?

View attachment 1196787

Factory stuff-up, probably. I can't explain the weird shoulder panels – maybe a prototype design? – but Reebok were manufacturing for the Melbourne Storm at the time, so that would explain the accidental jock tag error

:think::think::think:

This explains why the crows randomly stuck with the 2016-17 clash after the poll.......

Wonder if there's a prototype of option E somewhere?

It's because a member on here beat them at their own game. The Poll opened and Option E was miles ahead. Going by what Mero has stated, their would be a bunch of Option Es packed away in boxes somewhere.

Anyone know much about this early 2000's richmond jumper? It looks grey in all of the photos but that could just be the lighting.
richmond prototype.PNG

Anyone know much about this early 2000's richmond jumper? It looks grey in all of the photos but that could just be the lighting.
View attachment 1207655
Depending on the number on the back it's either 2004, 2005 R1-12, or 2005 R13-23. Because those were the only years that Richmond had the tiger on the collar.

Also it must be the lighting that makes it look grey since:

2005:
gettyimages-52229807-1024x1024.jpg

2004:
fe05f11b11530c1ded3517c53f829eac74088221-4x3-x0y0w800h600.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back