Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
never understood the thought process behind watermarks. it's just so... i don't know??

the thin collar looks weird, but the majestic logo underneath paired with it kinda looks like its a good fit. shape is pretty unique, if the collar was the same thickness as the cuffs but maintained the same shape it could be interesting

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
never understood the thought process behind watermarks. it's just so... i don't know??

the thin collar looks weird, but the majestic logo underneath paired with it kinda looks like its a good fit. shape is pretty unique, if the collar was the same thickness as the cuffs but maintained the same shape it could be interesting
When they're super subtle and done for a purpose - Puma using them to denote a PI for instance - then I don't have an issue with them. However when clubs chop and change manufacturers and the watermarks come across as a design element then I agree, it isn't a good look at all.

Munners

Senior List
Apr 5, 2017
Limestone Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pies 2006 sample jumper.

No photo description available.
May be an image of text that says '33 wizard'

Some Saints too
May be an image of basketball jersey and text that says '2011-club mock up [PLAYERCARD]Sam Fisher[/PLAYERCARD] ISC AFL S CENTREBET 25 LINENHOUSE CENTRE ISC'
May be an image of basketball jersey and text that says '2007 prototype [PLAYERCARD]Leigh Fisher[/PLAYERCARD] Bill 6 vodafone'

May be an image of basketball jersey and text that says '2013- 140th year club mock up Stu ISCD ISC AFL A 140 LEDifled 47 SC CENTREBET'

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
View attachment 1256774
Honestly still looks better than their very sloppy Classic guernseys.
I was actually a fan of Majestic, but yeah can't get behind the watermark at all. I'm pretty sure they introduced it in 2017 when they took the contract, along with a shocking collar which they improved the next year.

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah look there's all sorts of things wrong with that Brisbane prototype collar. Majestic collars looked all sorts of strange generally.

Still can't quite get my head around Brisbane running with the watermark.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Yeah look there's all sorts of things wrong with that Brisbane prototype collar. Majestic collars looked all sorts of strange generally.

Still can't quite get my head around Brisbane running with the watermark.
Yeah the watermark is just not needed. If it was something like the old Fitzroy monogram and the old Bears logo intermittently on the kit, sure i guess, but the Lion on the Lion? why?

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
The fact we didn't get that jumper 2nd from the left with the three adidas stripes going onto the long sleeves is a tragedy.

The league probably wouldn't have allowed it, genuinely. The Cats' 1998 adidas away strip featured the three stripes pretty prominently and was gone after a year (albeit because they switched to FILA), and Hawthorn's three stripes on the back of their brown away jumper in 2013 were removed before the start of the season

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
The league probably wouldn't have allowed it, genuinely. The Cats' 1998 adidas away strip featured the three stripes pretty prominently and was gone after a year (albeit because they switched to FILA), and Hawthorn's three stripes on the back of their brown away jumper in 2013 were removed before the start of the season
Geelong had to drop this jumper;
1634894834513.png

For this jumper;
1634894857766.png

My understanding was because the AFL told Geelong the first jumper looked too much like Carlton.
In 1998 Geelong wore that jumper away to Sydney, Adelaide, Essendon, North Melbourne, Melbourne, Port, Collingwood, Richmond, Bulldogs, and Hawthorn.

That year those games didn't clash and Geelong could have worn their home jumper instead, with the exception of the North Melbourne game where Geelongs home shorts would have gone better with the away jumper V North, and the Collingwood match where Geelong should have worn home shorts with the away jumper, and Collingwood should have worn their away shorts.

The home jumper would have clashed a lot less with Adelaide, Melbourne, Essendon and Port.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
1634985359719.png

1634985373737.png

Early UA sample, don't think that colour was used in the end either?
There was also a home like this few months but didn't post in here because I thought it was a fake... numbers had silver outline and horrendous black GPS stitching cut into them

Back