Jumping the gun?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Have we have been too critical too early in the season when we haven't had a full squad on the track yet?
confused.gif

The club has been hampered by injuries (yet again) and stupid reports over the pre-season which has forced the unbalance in the team at present.

I reckon when (if) we get our BEST team on the track and we have two 10 goal thrashings in a row - then start ringing the alarm bells! (I hope it's not round 15 when we do get the whole team out there though).

What do you think?

I wish I could agree but our older players cannot get any better and our middle of the road players, the Cochranes and Makepeaces, have to much ground to make up to be Ramanuaskas or Heffernan types.

The constant ifs about a full side will continue, remembering that as a club our history of soft tissue injuries has always been good.

Has the club suddenly become poor managers of soft tissue injuries or is it just that our battlescarred veterans are not up to getting on the track enough nowadays.

I believe age is the factor, as very few if any of our younger players succumb to soft tissue injuries, something the club has always prided itself on.

Now the King, Martyn, Colbert and the like seem to suffer from them regularly.

I am not being critical, but I question their ability to get up week in week out which is what is required to make an impact in today's football given the ineptitude of many of our middle of the road players (insert Motlop into the group already mentioned).

We have never looked so poor and coming off such an enormously disappointing 2000, with a longer break, you would think the players woul be bursting out of their skin.

I fear the passion has died.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back