Racing June Daily Thread: Queensland - Dodgy Every Day, A Yulong Finally Wins A Race

Remove this Banner Ad

frantelle

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
What are the odds the revamp gets through? Trainers and Owners association seem likely to oppose the proposal

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just on what I was saying last month about WA racing going to Racing.com I understand Racing.com taking much more would defeat its purpose but surely if it can take 1 more state WA is a logical choice as wouldn't clash as much as other states with the time difference especially during the Perth carnival.

frantelle

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
That doesn't say the racing authorities are waiting for their decision though.
RV are meeting with both groups today before a likely decision (next week?).

Two powerful stake holder groups, the Australian Trainers Association and Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners Association, will meet at 11am with a handful of trainers and key Racing Victoria executives.

RV are meeting with both groups today before a likely decision (next week?).

Two powerful stake holder groups, the Australian Trainers Association and Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners Association, will meet at 11am with a handful of trainers and key Racing Victoria executives.

Yeah sure but they could still press ahead even if the Trainers and owners don't like it

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Just on what I was saying last month about WA racing going to Racing.com I understand Racing.com taking much more would defeat its purpose but surely if it can take 1 more state WA is a logical choice as wouldn't clash as much as other states with the time difference especially during the Perth carnival.

Doubt they want to pay someone to hang around to do it. They don't even bother putting up the totes for HK racing now and they can simulcast the rest of the coverage from there. WA they would have to put something together themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of the big European classics on tonight with the French 2000/1000 Guineas. Hard to know how things will go and how important race fitness will be (less important than it would be in oz given so many private trianing stables over there).

2000 Guineas - VICTOR LUDROUM was the hype French 2yo last year but was well held first up as a $1.40 shot. Could be gone at the game but I am happy to take the $3 on offer here with that irresistable SP profile.

1000 Guineas - TROPBEAU has won 4 of her last 5 with the only blot when still running well for third in a UK G1 at the end of last season. Unlike VL she managed to ge the job done first up too. SIMEEN shapes us the big undefeated hype horse on the scene from the Aga Khan camp.

Change the thread title

June - A Yulong ******* finally won a race

Also a small go today Quadsellia Pakenham into Pastry Northam

slight change to the original title

Remove this Banner Ad

Back