Racing June Daily Thread: You’ll go Stradbroke betting on Queensland racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty workmanlike from Palace Pier. Easily the worst of his three wins this season given how close a handicapper like Sir Busker got but got the job done like a good horse.

Battash well below his best resulting in an awful race well below G1 quality. Another chance missed for Aussie connections.

Stunning performance from Poetic Flare in what may end up being the win of the carnival. Unlucky to not be a dual guineas winner he may just be better than many thought. Hopefully we saw a clash with Palace Pier at Glorious Goodwood

Happy Leaders day at Sandown… Rolland Garros worth a small wager won by 5 at the Valley a year ago on a Wet track leading all the way.

Can live with Battaash > NS argument it's very valid.

Cannot live with timeforms 136 rating of him. It's equal the cav ffs. Up there with arrogate as more confusing ratings of recent times.
If Battash was any good he would have come for the Everest because who would sneeze at $15mil if you had that money. He, like any European sprinter that comes over, will be uncompetitive.

If Battash was any good he would have come for the Everest because who would sneeze at $15mil if you had that money. He, like any European sprinter that comes over, will be uncompetitive.
Who knows how much the owner is actually worth, but not inconceivable that $15m is a rounding error to him

Who knows how much the owner is actually worth, but not inconceivable that $15m is a rounding error to him

Also a pure 1000m horse which would have taken about 5 seconds to look up.

Bit like saying if Winx was any good she would have run in the Everest.

Last edited:
ROYAL ASCOT DAY 2

Prince of Wales's - Market looks to have this pretty right and I'd be shocked if the winner came outside of the top 3 in betting. LOVE adds a touch of quality to this year's edition (which was extremely lacking last year) and now that she has her firm ground she should continue on her winning ways (won her three starts last year by an average of 6 lengths). Lord North won this dominantly last year in an extremely poor renewal and (as expected) turned out to be a complete fraud against top horses for the rest of the season. Armory has claims but the 100/1 SP in the Irish Champion suggests he is a class below his stablemate.

Other races

QUEEN MARY - Twilight Gleaming
QUEEN'S VASE - Wordsworth
DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE - Queen Power
ROYAL HUNT CUP - Haqeeqy
WINDSOR CASTLE - Ruthin
KENSINGTON PALACE - Stunning Beauty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been saying Spurcraft is gone for a long time but by golly this is the worst race he has run in for a long time at Doomben. Gonna back him and take him in the quinella with Jami Lady, And if he cant run in the top 2 sack him forever

re

retire him . terrible. Winner was impressive

I’m sure I backed Jami Lady in a black type race in the last 6 months. What’s it doing going around at Doomben on a Wednesday?!

Does anyone know who the Ascot pools are combined with? i was looking at the TABs tote bonus bet offer thinking that its such a rort because the pools are smallish and it will effect the price of the favourites but then i looked at the pools from yesterday and there was $1.5 million in the win pool in the first race!

Does anyone know who the Ascot pools are combined with? i was looking at the TABs tote bonus bet offer thinking that its such a rort because the pools are smallish and it will effect the price of the favourites but then i looked at the pools from yesterday and there was $1.5 million in the win pool in the first race!

HKJC.

theres normally rules next to total in pool which legally has to state the co-mingling pool and source.

Race 1 Artos at ascot tonight. Bit of money for it, barrier two , dettori, yank. Worth a flutter.

Race 1 Artos at ascot tonight. Bit of money for it, barrier two , dettori, yank. Worth a flutter.

Barrier two looms as a huge negative the way the track played last night. You want to be looking for outside gates down the straight I’d wager

Barrier two looms as a huge negative the way the track played last night. You want to be looking for outside gates down the straight I’d wager
Lol. Dettori will do a left turn, take out half the field, job done. I hope.

In the Coventry last night the 2nd place horse Eldrickjones came from barrier 2 - yes Berkshire Shadow came down the rail from 17 but not sure I am going to get sucked into the barrier draws to much.

Just on Eldrickjones he was previously placed in race at Thirsk and another runner in that Thirsk race (Mr Coalville) ran last night at Beverley so I backed it based on Eldrickjones finishing 2nd in the Coventry ... anyway the bloody thing jumped at 9-1 and was leading comfortably 2 furlongs out with other horses behind being ridden hard ...... next thing you know the jockey Adam McNamara just stops riding and starts standing up and the horse slows appreciably ....... I am like wtf?? ...... as it turns out he dislocated his shoulder and couldn't ride the horse out ....... incredibly the horse still runs 2nd but it should have won ....... thankfully I had it ew but just another luckless punting story.

I was pretty happy with Hollie in the last though :moneybag::moneybag:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back