Racing June Daily Thread: You’ll go Stradbroke betting on Queensland racing

Remove this Banner Ad

There have been massive issues across a number of platforms in the last hour or two, for a heap of businesses CBA, Telstra etc. Not just TAB but likely related

I have heard it is subterfuge from the Neasham camp while they cover up their heinous doping crimes*

*allegedly

Watching the Prince of Wales's and St James's Palace Stakes I did start to question the grammar of the race names

I'd always thought that when theres a possesive word that ends in a S, the correct English was to put the apostrophe after the S and that was enough. Therefore Prince of Wales' Stakes as opposed to the Prince of Wales's where that additional S appears superfluous

Appreciate this is a emotional topic so appreciate this issue could be confronting

Watching the Prince of Wales's and St James's Palace Stakes I did start to question the grammar of the race names

I'd always thought that when theres a possesive word that ends in a S, the correct English was to put the apostrophe after the S and that was enough. Therefore Prince of Wales' Stakes as opposed to the Prince of Wales's where that additional S appears superfluous

Appreciate this is a emotional topic so appreciate this issue could be confronting
Ken Callander likes this

Both of the following can be correct
- Prince of Wales’ Stakes
- Princes of Wales’s Stakes

It’s simply another case of the wonder of the English language

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to have my first handicap bet this carnival with LEGAL ATTACK hitting 100s on the fair. Ran well in listed grade at Epsom when winner found right part of the track and earlier this season SPd 6/1 in the Free Handicap off a rating 1 pound higher than he gets in here. Hopefully jock can somehow work towards the stands side rail from gate 13.

Frankie... oh boy. What a shocker.

Subjectivist huge though. Has gone to a different level every time he has stepped up in trip

Yeah not his best but didn’t matter. Couldn’t even run down Spanish Mission at the end so nowhere near his best. At least he lost his crown to a new young star and not some donkey he has lapped previously

Outside the Gold Cup the win of carnival moral Mohaafeth the clear highlight of the night getting the job done like a really good horse. Some chance he is the best 3yo colt around at 2000+ on good ground.

Last edited:
Outside the Gold Cup the win of carnival moral Mohaafeth the clear highlight of the night getting the job done like a really good horse. Some chance he is the best 3yo colt around at 2000+ on good ground.
The 2 and 3yos are rubbish in europe this season its a down year for sure.

He misjudged it yes but was it solely the ride that lost it for Strad?

He wasn't beating the winner for mine but runs a clear second with a better ride. Was held in a pocket all the way up to the corner then had one stop in his face. You can't stop and then sprint again over 4000m, you need to be able to build up momentum and he never got the chance

He wasn't beating the winner for mine but runs a clear second with a better ride. Was held in a pocket all the way up to the corner then had one stop in his face. You can't stop and then sprint again over 4000m, you need to be able to build up momentum and he never got the chance

Possibly but a pretty pointless debate - he got out at the same time as Spanish Mission and couldn't get past him the entire straight - and he is not a plodder - he still has a turn of foot at the end of these trips on most occasions - it was a poor ride but the horse was well below its best and wasn't winning anyway - He had more than enough chance to run into second in the straight but couldn't - momentum is a poor excuse - he just went no good.

Possibly but a pretty pointless debate - he got out at the same time as Spanish Mission and couldn't get past him the entire straight - and he is not a plodder - he still has a turn of foot at the end of these trips on most occasions - it was a poor ride but the horse was well below its best and wasn't winning anyway - He had more than enough chance to run into second in the straight but couldn't - momentum is a poor excuse - he just went no good.
Be interesting if they back up Goodwood or call it a day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back