Racing June Daily Thread: You’ll go Stradbroke betting on Queensland racing

Remove this Banner Ad

School geography lessons this week need to revolve around Saturday's 'Battle of the Bush' at Eagle Farm. The form guide will be educating reading on towns in the Queensland Bush

School geography lessons this week need to revolve around Saturday's 'Battle of the Bush' at Eagle Farm. The form guide will be educating reading on towns in the Queensland Bush
if you are a horse racing fan you should know every nook and cranny of every track in Australia and where it is anyway. For instance Nowra is always a bog because its in a rain belt in Southern NSW. Port Headland is half dirt half grass and is on the left shoulder of WA. And Moonee Valley should be blown up

I’m sorry but can someone please explain to me why this race last night was not subject to a protest ?
Just had a look, definite interference but too close to the post for anything to be upheld. I hate the rule for this by the way because the 4th horse should definately have run 3rd. By my rules of racing i would have disqualified the horse in front that caused the interference.
Anyway the race was run by a horse called One night in Paris... if there is one thing i dont want its to be in Paris!!

Just had a look, definite interference but too close to the post for anything to be upheld. I hate the rule for this by the way because the 4th horse should definately have run 3rd. By my rules of racing i would have disqualified the horse in front that caused the interference.
Anyway the race was run by a horse called One night in Paris... if there is one thing i dont want its to be in Paris!!
I had nothing invested in the race -but surely you can’t completely cut off a horses run like it did there.

I had nothing invested in the race -but surely you can’t completely cut off a horses run like it did there.

Thankfully if you are lengths better than the rest of the field you can do what you want. Like in Australia.

if its not going to beat the winner the rules say the race stays as it is unfortunately. Would assume if the stewards were fair dinkum the ride of the horse that caused the interference was given a good holiday

if you are a horse racing fan you should know every nook and cranny of every track in Australia and where it is anyway. For instance Nowra is always a bog because its in a rain belt in Southern NSW. Port Headland is half dirt half grass and is on the left shoulder of WA. And Moonee Valley should be blown up

med_1409271466_1382538435_image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If theres a protest that should be upheld its 2nd vs 1st on that race at Hawkesbury. 2nd horse interfered all the way up the straight.. .but the fave won... should be interesting

Upheld

I couldn't point them out on a map but I could tell you which state they are in based on the colour of the TAB form guide.

i.e. Wellington = Pink = NSW, Dalby = Green = QLD, Halidon = Yellow = SA, Mount Barker = Blue = WA :$

I couldn't point them out on a map but I could tell you which state they are in based on the colour of the TAB form guide.

i.e. Wellington = Pink = NSW, Dalby = Green = QLD, Halidon = Yellow = SA, Mount Barker = Blue = WA :$
Where’s Spreyton?

I am from Tassie so that is an easy one. Form guides would say Devonport anyway. Like Ballarat or Pakenham or Murray Bridge, none of them are in the town.

I like how Tassie racing had its own name for its racecourses then changed it to the name of the city.

Bit like Toowoomba and Caloundra tracks has its own particular name

KEEP BUSY who ran 5th in the King's Stand beaten less than 3 lengths by Oxted goes around in Ayr tonight in Race 5 and looks to have laps on them. Looks legitimate value at $2 on Betfair at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back