June is a star (who sadly passed away on Syd Barker Medal night 2016) VALE June

Remove this Banner Ad

I found June's death notice in Saturdays Herald Sun. I cut it out and it will stay forever in The North Story by Fr Dowling.

I found June's death notice in Saturdays Herald Sun. I cut it out and it will stay forever in The North Story by Fr Dowling.
Very fitting.

Nice one hotham.

I don't know how to paste this in but the Fridge and Corey McKernan have added personal tributes on Facebook and Twitter.

Reminds me of reading after the 1996 grand final that celebrating North players picked out supporters they knew in the crowd, and how special that was. June was one who had that special, personal connection through her dedication and her wonderful personality.

A lot of us would love her for what did in five hilariously cross minutes one night in late 2007, but the club and player responses are for a lifetime of smiling support.

I don't know how to paste this in but the Fridge and Corey McKernan have added personal tributes on Facebook and Twitter.

Reminds me of reading after the 1996 grand final that celebrating North players picked out supporters they knew in the crowd, and how special that was. June was one who had that special, personal connection through her dedication and her wonderful personality.

A lot of us would love her for what did in five hilariously cross minutes one night in late 2007, but the club and player responses are for a lifetime of smiling support.
Maybe giantroo could weave his magic here?

4sDIz1wQ_normal.jpg
Corey McKernan (@CoreyMcKernan)
12/10/2016, 2:05 AM
As Denis Pagan says " The greatest strength of the North Melbourne Football Club is its people" People like this... fb.me/4oEiZGbkt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thought. I think the cheer squad present a special award during the Syd Barker night. Maybe our club could start an award for dedicated volunteer of the year and call it 'June Stevenson' award.

All these tweets from the players come at a good time, amongst the current 'businessness' that prevails.

Reminds you that our football club is still nothing more than the good people in it and welcomes everybody who wants to be a part of it.

I have much respect for the club's volunteers and the club is enriched for having them around. Is great to see the positive impact that June had on the players.

Join in the chorus

Just heard the very sad news and can only say that wonderful people like June are the reason North is such a special club. Her warmth, passion and love for the Shinboners was truly special. Meeting people like June was what made me fall in love with this club (despite 40 years as a Collingwood supporter). RIP to a beautiful woman. Go Roos!

Just heard the very sad news and can only say that wonderful people like June are the reason North is such a special club. Her warmth, passion and love for the Shinboners was truly special. Meeting people like June was what made me fall in love with this club (despite 40 years as a Collingwood supporter). RIP to a beautiful woman. Go Roos!

June would be thrilled to see you sticking with the NMFC Euge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back