june release for super smash bros brawl!

Remove this Banner Ad

Games Board.

Anyway, i don't see why people are so crazed about Brawl?

It looks like it would get so repetitive after a while.

The only thing that could possibly warrant a purchase for me is offline multiplayer and online multiplayer, both of which the Wii lacks, although apparently the online is really frustrating to get up and running without lag or drop-outs.

I thought we were getting it in like September, not 3 months away?

Hopefully they can iron out all the problems before the AU release.

I will probably be playing Mario Kart and Top Spin Tennis by then anyway.

Well Nintendo America's president Reggie was asked a few weeks ago why Europe was getting Mario Kart Wii before the US, Reggie apparently replied "Because Europe wont be getting Brawl until fall."

Europe's fall/autumn = Australia's Spring. I had always suspected September as the release date; it would be close to the Spring school holidays.

Brawl looks great, they finally have put time into a decent single player mode, and the multiplayer mode for this game has been excellent since the original on the 64.

And online sweetens the deal, as it does with Mario Kart Wii.

Well i hope that you like your online games with lag then because i know someone who's had that game a week after it came out in Japan and she said it lags very badly.

Still i'll probably get it because it's a multiplayer game that might be very repetitive but it still looks like fun to play.

Also got an email this morning from toysrus and smash bros has a release date of June 14.

can someone tell me what is so great about this game?

i've never played it in my life, but have heard amazing things about it!

for example, the review sites are giving it 9.5/10 and says the replay value will last you for years, and is one of the greatest mulitplayer games ever..

looking at the screen shots, it just looks way too simlpe with little appeal.. can someone tell me what is so great!!

for example, the review sites are giving it 9.5/10 and says the replay value will last you for years, and is one of the greatest mulitplayer games ever..

looking at the screen shots, it just looks way too simlpe with little appeal.. can someone tell me what is so great!!
Watch some videos of it on youtube.

IF you mean you have never played any super smash bros i suggest you download a n64 emulator and super smash bros, one of the best games nintendo have.

What's great about it is the gameplay system.
Unlike most fighters it is not a button masher. It is very simple to play but it will take you a long time to master. So people can jump right in.

The aim is to damage your oponent enough so you can knock them off the stage flying. There are only 2 main buttons, one for normal attacks and one for special attacks. But there are heaps of things you need to be able to do to master it. Like dodging, throws, mid air, timing smashes, mid air attacks, guarding the ledge (trying to stop your oponent from recovering from being knocked out of the arena), recovering from being knocked off the arena, items.

All characters are vastly different even clones, and there are many different factors to a character. Like what special moves and normal moves they have (unlike most fighters special moves are only a matter of pressing B and a direction button, there is no semi circle or UP,Down,Left + A), their weight and floatiness (lighter floatier characters are in the air longer and an easier target), their speed, their size, reach, their power, whether their moves are quick, is their strength in projectile moves, do they jump well, what is their recovery move like, do they have good in air moves and/or a good "meteor smash" move that can intercet and knock down players trying to recover? There are so many variables to each character.

Super Smash Bros brawl and all other games in the series have a massive amount of trophies to collect and events to complete.

What's the appeal? It's fun and challenging and very deep both in content and gameplay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate got that
Cannot wait to play, worried about the controls however

I saw it in stock a week ago, would have bought it had I not ordered it off Play-Asia already.

There are four types of controls (five if you want to be inventive with the Guitar from GH attachment ;)) so I'm sure you'll find a type that suits you best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back