Samu Kerevi, 8 Tests, Queensland Reds

Marika Koroibete*, Melbourne Rebels

Tevita Kuridrani, 45 Tests, ACT Brumbies

Eto Nabuli*, Queensland Reds

Sefa Naivalu, 6 Tests, Melbourne Rebels

Nick Phipps, 52 Tests, NSW Waratahs

Joe Powell*, ACT Brumbies

Henry Speight, 11 Tests, ACT Brumbies

I will take some time to try and predict the side for the first test, I will probably be a bit biased towards my Rebels as they are the players I know the best.

I'd go with

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alaalatoa
4. Arnold
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Hooper
8. Higginbotham
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Speight
12. Hodge
13. Kerevi
14. Naivalu
15. Folau

16. Latu
17. Robertson
18. Kepu
19. Carter
20. Hardwick
21. Powell
22. Cooper
23. Hunt

Haylett-Petty being injured recently makes me not pick him. If he's fully fit I'd have him in for Naivalu.

I'm a big skeptic of Higginbotham being a world class backrower but at the same time I haven't watched much super rugby this year so I'm reverting to what I've heard from others on that one. He's been far too seagulling on the wing and avoiding rucks and tight work for my liking in the past. Timani also has been hurt but apparently he's fit? I dunno, I like him so I picked him. Would like to see Hanigan get a game if Timani cannot.

Really want to see Hunt get a go. Deserved it.

I'd go with

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alaalatoa
4. Arnold
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Hooper
8. Higginbotham
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Speight
12. Hodge
13. Kerevi
14. Naivalu
15. Folau

16. Latu
17. Robertson
18. Kepu
19. Carter
20. Hardwick
21. Powell
22. Cooper
23. Hunt

Haylett-Petty being injured recently makes me not pick him. If he's fully fit I'd have him in for Naivalu.

I'm a big skeptic of Higginbotham being a world class backrower but at the same time I haven't watched much super rugby this year so I'm reverting to what I've heard from others on that one. He's been far too seagulling on the wing and avoiding rucks and tight work for my liking in the past. Timani also has been hurt but apparently he's fit? I dunno, I like him so I picked him. Would like to see Hanigan get a game if Timani cannot.

Really want to see Hunt get a go. Deserved it.
Only thing I would change is I would like to see Koroibete get a run, I thought Speight was poor last year on the spring tour I know he has had a good season for the Brumbies but I am just not sure about him

I'm thinking of going on Saturday. What's the expected crowd? If i want to sit in GA should i but tickets online or will I be able to buy at the gate?

I'm thinking of going on Saturday. What's the expected crowd? If i want to sit in GA should i but tickets online or will I be able to buy at the gate?
It will probably be close to capacity as club rugby has a week off in Melbourne so I would pre buy the ticket

Not happy with the starting side not a fan of Hunt at 12 he has never played there. Why trail a bloke in 12 when you have promised the role to Beale? Hodge had a very strong spring tour playing there so keep him in the role until Beale is back

Looks like the 'If we play in the afternoon more people will come!' decision didn't pay off at all. Can't imagine it's helped the TV audience either.

What a win for the Scots. First ever win in Sydney

24-19 and more than deserved even missing Hogg, Jones, Richie Gary, Seymour and Laidlaw

Great defensive effort

What were peoples thoughts on the 3 games.

I thought it was a good warm up hopefully leading into something positive for the Rugby Championship. The All Blacks will be very hard to beat after coming from a series against the lions.

I likes the afternoon games, having a dry pitch helped improve the standard.

Crowds were disappointing. Would have liked to see the games taken to Cities that dont often get games.

Ireland has landed in Australia with a full strength side to take on the Wallabies.

First time since 2010 Ireland has played in Australia and hasn't won a game here since 1979. Feel like that is gonna change this time.

Should be 3 really good games.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/06/02/wallabies-ireland-arrival-brisbane

Sydney is sold out.

https://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/allianz-stadium/whats-on/news/blockbuster-sydney-ireland-test-sold-out/

Lots of promotion up here in Brisbane. Radio stations reporting good ticket sales for Suncorp Stadium. Anyone heard about Melbourne.

Gonna be tough for Rugby though, usual AFL, NRL, throw in Origin and the World Cup. A lot of sporting news to cover.

Other test matches this June Include,

South Africa vs Wales in Washington DC today.

French tour of New Zealand.
English tour of South Africa.
Italy in Japan.
Wales in Argentina.

Few tests in Canada and the US too. As well as the Pacific Islands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ireland has landed in Australia with a full strength side to take on the Wallabies.

First time since 2010 Ireland has played in Australia and hasn't won a game here since 1979. Feel like that is gonna change this time.

Should be 3 really good games.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/06/02/wallabies-ireland-arrival-brisbane

Sydney is sold out.

https://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/allianz-stadium/whats-on/news/blockbuster-sydney-ireland-test-sold-out/

Lots of promotion up here in Brisbane. Radio stations reporting good ticket sales for Suncorp Stadium. Anyone heard about Melbourne.

Gonna be tough for Rugby though, usual AFL, NRL, throw in Origin and the World Cup. A lot of sporting news to cover.

Will a full strength Ireland team be playing? I normally don't bother watching the mid-year tests because the European team treats it like an ODI cricket series and rests their best players and anybody with the slightest injury.

Yep, resting players.

Schmidt has recognised the heavy load on several Leinster front-liners who completed the province’s historic European/Pro14 double by leaving Cian Healy, Tadhg Furlong and Johnny Sexton on the bench, while Garry Ringrose and Dan Leavy have been held back altogether for upcoming skirmishes in Melbourne and Sydney.

So it is that Rob Herring starts in place of injured Ulster teammate Rory Best, with Sean Cronin, who has won 52 of his 61 caps as a replacement, confined to bench duty yet again.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/ru...10-for-opener-in-australia-1.3522406?mode=amp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back