Junior Footy GF Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't one team 15 goals up, to lose with a free kick after the siren? Imagine the crowd. They'd be losing their minds.

Edit: The 15 goals was from previous win.

Theres no condoning of the violence, but spectators watching that size lead being eroded, 50m penalties and a kick after the siren to win it....that's just about the the perfect storm for an all in brawl. Tensions would have been absolutely exploding, and it would've only taken the smallest thing to ignite it all considering how volatile junior sports can be with over excited parents.

Edit: this is an observation, and a sad reality, based on years of watching country football, not an excuse for violence.

Last edited:

Wasn't one team 15 goals up, to lose with a free kick after the siren?

Theres no condoning of the violence, but spectators watching that size lead being eroded, 50m penalties and a kick after the siren to win it....that's just about the the perfect storm for an all in brawl. Tensions would have been absolutely exploding, and it would've only taken the smallest thing to ignite it all.
Nice attempt at victim blaming there.

Nice attempt at victim blaming there.
What?

There's no victim blaming there, just an observation, based on the fact that spectators lose their minds and under the circumstances an all in brawl isn't exactly surprising considering how volatile junior football can be with so many adults living vicariously through their kids.

What?

There's no victim blaming there, just an observation, based on the fact that spectators lose their minds and under the circumstances an all in brawl isn't exactly surprising considering how volatile junior football can be with so many adults living vicariously through their kids.
"Circumstances" are not an excuse for violence.

Wasn't one team 15 goals up, to lose with a free kick after the siren? Imagine the crowd. They'd be losing their minds.

Theres no condoning of the violence, but spectators watching that size lead being eroded, 50m penalties and a kick after the siren to win it....that's just about the the perfect storm for an all in brawl. Tensions would have been absolutely exploding, and it would've only taken the smallest thing to ignite it all considering how volatile junior sports can be with over excited parents.

Edit: this is an observation, and a sad reality, based on years of watching country football, not an excuse for violence.
I don't think it's a country footy thing... country footy gets a bad rap by some on here, but from playing and watching I've never seen a crowd incident out my way.

No:

Albion 1.2-8 5.10-40 7.10-52 8.16-64
Point Cook 4.0-24 4.1-25 7.5-47 10.7-67

"Circumstances" are not an excuse for violence.
He wasn't offering an excuse. He was observing that certain circumstances are a veritable powder keg where it doesn't take much for it all to bubble over if you add the wrong people to the equation.

He wasn't condoning it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I understand the side was awarded consecutive 50m penalties before the siren, then one after the siren, kicked the winning goal from point blank after the siren from the radio.

I wonder if it was mass hysteria or just one or two families which lost all sanity.

The team who lost had won their previous final by 15 goals

This is the type of behavior from the groups of idiotic "parents" at junior games which ruin it for others (including the kids).

Sadly enough, this type of behavior is not uncommon.

The club from who the violence has stemmed is my local club from whom I recently retired (Albion). I have nothing to do with the Under 15's but this is shameful and embarrassing.

A strong statement needs to be made. Perhaps the perpetrators (aside from being charged) need to be banned from local footy.

This is the type of behavior from the groups of idiotic "parents" at junior games which ruin it for others (including the kids).

Sadly enough, this type of behavior is not uncommon.

From what I heard it was the kid who went after the ump first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back