N8Eldz

Draftee
Aug 17, 2017
Upper Gully
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fairpark, GSW
I know that win percentage has replaced points but I'm confused as to what tie-breakers are used after that. I thought it was head-to-head but we just beat the same team 2 weeks in a row but they're in second while we're still stuck in 3rd.

I know that win percentage has replaced points but I'm confused as to what tie-breakers are used after that. I thought it was head-to-head but we just beat the same team 2 weeks in a row but they're in second while we're still stuck in 3rd.

Alphabetical?

Alphabetical?
Well our name starts with E and theirs with N so it can't be that. I think its just because they were above us last round, they were 3/5 v our 4/9, the websites too useless to have actual tie-breakers I reckon

Well our name starts with E and theirs with N so it can't be that. I think its just because they were above us last round, they were 3/5 v our 4/9, the websites too useless to have actual tie-breakers I reckon
Is that correct, they have played 8 games and you have played 13.

Is that correct, they have played 8 games and you have played 13.

I agree it is confusing but where the difficult part is when they did the regradings for the juniors and netball, for some reason the ladders are not completely correct or they can not adjust.Important when looking at ladders you look at % won.

If we are talking about East Burwood in 17 Premier who played the first 4 rounds in 17A and then were moved up a grade.

17 Premier have won 2,lost 5
!7A won 3,lost 1

That means they have won 5.lost 6.Then divide wins by games played and I think EB would be 45.45%.

Last edited:
I agree it is confusing but where the difficult part is when they did the regradings for the juniors and netball, for some reason the ladders are not completely correct or they can not adjust.Important when looking at ladders you look at % won.

If we are talking about East Burwood in 17 Premier who played the first 4 rounds in 17A and then were moved up a grade.

17 Premier have won 2,lost 5
!7A won 3,lost 1

That means they have won 5.lost 6.Then divide wins by games played and I think EB would be 45.45%.

It seems I have that one wrong,a team that is regraded up or down does not take their wins losses with them.

Just listening to SEN, and the EFL add for junior finals. Tells people to go to EFL website for details, so i had a chuckle to myself knowing what i would find. Nothing. No links, not a mention. Just a watste of money that has been the case with this sight all year.

Totally agree and as I mentioned in a previous post teams that go up or down do not take their wins/losses with them and if you look at at U17 premier East Burwood have finished 5th and won 30% on their games in this grade since being promoted.10 games played for a 3/7 result. Another interesting one is teams finishing on the same %won for example 13C boys.Both Vermont Gold and Mitcham finished on % won 84.62.The EFL then look at the games played between the 2 teams during the season to decide who finishes on top.Game 1 Vermont Gold beat Mitcham 8.8 to 6.11,Game 2 Mitcham 6.5 beat Vermont Gold 4.1 so Mitcham will finish top.(Won by more the 2nd game then Vermont Gold did the 1st).PS Now please do not ask me what happens if the both these 2 teams did not play each other during the season which has happened in isolated cases during the season with the re grading structure which I think is an excellent idea after 4 or so rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back