MRP / Trib. Junior Rioli hit on Jordan Ridley

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I am sure the guy that posted about Rioli being juiced up and edited it 30 seconds later was making some insightful point about hypocrisy.
Um. Try again buddy.

Hint: eth-dog and Brutus are different posters.

Remember how you haven't won a final in a record number of years, lost 2 CEOs in 48 hours, come out the other end with a false dawn and started puffing your chest out, but now that you realize its a false dawn, you start flailing around attacking everyone. See the past few days:

• We would have won if Ridley hadn't gone down - despite losing pretty much every important metric that has nothing to do with a KPD.
  • Rioli is just a dirty sniper - despite their being footage of the event which doesn't even conclusively show contact to the head (i.e it was incredibly light) and despite being shown a dirtier example by one of your players in the same game - only response - tehehe
  • Having some dud poster have a crack at Rioli being juiced up when your club ran a systematic doping regime.
  • having a crack at club success and finals performances when you can't win a final, and even in our early 2000s choking era, we counted on beating Essendon in semi finals to avoid the dreaded straight sets exit (thanks by the way, you saved us twice and probably contributed to our flag).

You do understand that these sorts of statements make your supporter base look foolish yeah?
You do realise that you just highlighted my point, right? I made an inane statement that has no relevance to the point, and you come out and just go on this completely irrelevant rant that has no bearing whatsoever to the point. Go have another cry, princess.

I've said this before somewhere but if the AFL is to get serious on brain injuries they need to investigate every incident that causes a players head to change direction or stop suddenly.

The fact symptoms of a concussion show up immediately doesn't take into account any symptoms that might occur hours or days after the impact.

Yep, the tribunal suspends the result not the action.

Not even Tim the Tillman Taylor can fix this shambles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don’t get this. I really don’t.

Rioli had no eyes for the ball. He connected with Ridley who left the ground concussed. Ridley now misses two weeks.

The AFL deem it 3 weeks down to 2. It just baffles me.

2 weeks for an off the ball ‘block’ that knocked a player out. Joke.

Meanwhile you tackle someone who has the ball accidentally knock them out and get 4 weeks

Why am I even surprised.
It makes no sense.

Ridley and Rioli both get two weeks basically. I genuinely don’t get how you can come from the side with no eyes for the ball and get two weeks.

I just don’t get this. I really don’t.

Rioli had no eyes for the ball. He connected with Ridley who left the ground concussed. Ridley now misses two weeks.

The AFL deem it 3 weeks down to 2. It just baffles me.
severe v high
i think that's ok
Severe should really be for the Hall type punches, elbows, etc.

Yep, the tribunal suspends the result not the action.

Not even Tim the Tillman Taylor can fix this shambles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will Day got 2 weeks for an action which did no damage.

The Tribunal now penalises football actions more severely than non-football actions.

Two weeks is probably fair.

But to be honest this is a mess for the AFL has clearly highlights how ridicilous the Van Rooyen two weeks is.

The media will have a field day again.

You do realise that you just highlighted my point, right? I made an inane statement that has no relevance to the point, and you come out and just go on this completely irrelevant rant that has no bearing whatsoever to the point. Go have another cry, princess.

I'm not the one clutching my pearls at an act that was regarded as low risk and 100% acceptable 6 months ago. If you don't want to be called out for posting rubbish, go back to your own board.

But to be honest this is a mess for the AFL has clearly highlights how ridicilous the Van Rooyen two weeks is.

He is the sacrifice. That interpretation will never hold. The bumping and tackles are a refinement. There are almost no situations where you 'have to' bump, throw a player to the ground, etc. Players can adjust to everything else that has been handed down. But you have to be able to spoil. That will get fixed up quickly.

Interesting post in a MRP thread.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuurely you’ve got a better way to spend your time than typing this out.

Scratch that, I also wasted my time reading it. We both suck.

Surely your supporter base has better things to do than jump on social media and racially Vilify a player they don't like and call him a sniper on here. You've got plenty of posts on this thread + the gameday one from the weekend.

hmmm I can't think of anything to refute that guy's post, i'll just something like 'get a life' on a thread i've already posted on 10 times. Yes that'll work.

I'm not the one clutching my pearls at an act that was regarded as low risk and 100% acceptable 6 months ago. If you don't want to be called out for posting rubbish, go back to your own board.
"Called out for rubbish posting". You're really gonna go down this path?

You made a post about something that happened a decade ago that had absolutely no relevance. I made a post about something equally irrelevant and you proceed to cry about that, twice and doubling down on it. Stop posting, everyone here is dumber for reading it.

Your guy got 2 weeks. That's what's relevant

In the realm of footy, Junior Rioli takes the stage, A moment of reckoning, in the heat of the engage. A high strike to Ridley's face, it caused a stir, A shepherd gone awry, emotions began to blur.

Suspended he was, a blow to his name, But Junior's side he claimed, seeking to reclaim. His lawyer stepped forth, arguing the intent, The tribunal listened, the verdict was sent.

Two weeks of absence, a penalty incurred, Junior stood reflective, his spirit undeterred. In the halls of justice, he pondered his fate, Respecting the game, yet acceptance he couldn't sate.

And now he speaks, addressing Port Adelaide's crowd, Shaming blame, calling for unity, strong and proud. For football's a tapestry, woven with fierce might, But let's not fracture, not in this glorious light.

Supporters, let us remember the essence we share, Let not our passion blind us, causing despair. Accidents unfold, in this physical game we adore, Yet let's embrace camaraderie, forevermore.

Junior Rioli, learning from this trial by fire, Apologizing for missteps, aspiring to inspire. The suspension may linger, but growth lies ahead, Respecting opponents, as footy's path we tread.

So let's move onward, to the future games we cheer, In unity we stand, casting aside the fear. Junior Rioli, evolving through the strife, As footy's melody plays, in this journey called life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Called out for rubbish posting". You're really gonna go down this path?

You made a post about something that happened a decade ago that had absolutely no relevance. I made a post about something equally irrelevant and you proceed to cry about that, twice and doubling down on it. Stop posting, everyone here is dumber for reading it.

Your guy got 2 weeks. That's what's relevant

The same 2 weeks that all our posters said he'd get. Do we need to do a callback to the first couple of pages to see what your lot were saying. Saying cry more while your supporter based has thrown a 72-hour tantrum doesn't hold much weight chief.

The same 2 weeks that all our posters said he'd get. Do we need to do a callback to the first couple of pages to see what your lot were saying. Saying cry more while your supporter based has thrown a 72-hour tantrum doesn't hold much weight chief.
Scared Dog GIF by MOODMAN

😂😂😂😂

2 weeks is fair for whacking a guy and concussing him, but the same penalty gets handed out to people laying tackles which dont do any damage???

2 weeks is fair for whacking a guy and concussing him, but the same penalty gets handed out to people laying tackles which dont do any damage???

I assume you are taking about the Day tackle?

That was stupid. All the tackle suspensions have been stupid but the Day one was probably the worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back