Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
You could mount an argument for why you wouldn’t want to split pick 2 ,

But I’m not sure what clubs can make a better offer?

Please , give us some examples of better trades than pick 8 and future 1st that would be possible for pick 2?

Name them..

Well given GWS traded 12 + 18 + a future first for pick 4 in 2019, I'd say that's a good starting point.

The earlier the pick, the higher the premium.

Pick 2 = 2517 points, which is roughly equal to pick 8 (1551) + pick 18 (985). Do you reckon if you had pick 2 you'd hand it over for 8 + 18? Didn't think so.

GWS could offer 12, 15, 19 or a trade involving a future first. Hawthorn could offer 6 and a future first. I don't profess to know the motivations of each club, but clubs that aren't Gold Coast don't tend to hand over top 2 picks cheaply. Prior to the trade with Melbourne Port could have offered 8, 27, future first for 2.

None of this really has much to do with Junior Rioli. Port's motivation to get pick 2 to trade for JHF should be a separate thing. I ex whpect if Port actually did acquire that pick North would want more to go with it which is beyond Port's capability without including a player.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well given GWS traded 12 + 18 + a future first for pick 4 in 2019, I'd say that's a good starting point.

The earlier the pick, the higher the premium.

Pick 2 = 2517 points, which is roughly equal to pick 8 (1551) + pick 18 (985). Do you reckon if you had pick 2 you'd hand it over for 8 + 18? Didn't think so.

GWS could offer 12, 15, 19 or a trade involving a future first. Hawthorn could offer 6 and a future first. I don't profess to know the motivations of each club, but clubs that aren't Gold Coast don't tend to hand over top 2 picks cheaply. Prior to the trade with Melbourne Port could have offered 8, 27, future first for 2.

None of this really has much to do with Junior Rioli. Port's motivation to get pick 2 to trade for JHF should be a separate thing. I ex whpect if Port actually did acquire that pick North would want more to go with it which is beyond Port's capability without including a player.

You said you were confident if pick 2 was on the table u get a better offer and I asked you to name them

Hawks pick 6 plus future 1st?

Not remotely likely. Ask hawks fans and they would hate that trade.

12,15,19 from gws?

I think that’s fairly unlikely while they have 3 unless eagles threaten to take cadman and I don’t see that remotely likely.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
You said you were confident if pick 2 was on the table u get a better offer and I asked you to name them

Hawks pick 6 plus future 1st?

Not remotely likely. Ask hawks fans and they would hate that trade.

12,15,19 from gws?

I think that’s fairly unlikely while they have 3 unless eagles threaten to take cadman and I don’t see that remotely likely.

OK you carry on believing 8 and a future first for pick 2 and Junior Rioli is a good deal and WC are big bad meanies for not agreeing to it.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
6vyv5u.jpg

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
No, the post said IF pick 2 was put on the table we'd get a better deal, which we would. Few clubs would tradie it for pick 8 plus another pick probably between 10 and 14, although the value is not too far off. There's a chance Port implode next year for sure which would make it great value, but it's too big of a risk for our first seriously premium pick since Andrew Gaff in 2010. You are more likely to rebound and get back into the top four than you are to implode and finish in the bottom four IMO.

There are no offers for There's literally zero incentive for a club to trade pick 2 (or any top few picks for that matter) unless they are coming out well in front.

Port fans seem to have gotten it into their heads that we are somehow now responsible for trading pick 2.

Cannot believe wc fans wouldn’t accept p33 for an overweight 27 year old , recently 2 year banned known drug user .

Nissys going the way of sheedy fast !
Most Eagles fans (though not all) would be pretty happy with that. Personally, I would. I've got no problem with the club trying to play chicken to get more. I suspect there is lingering resentment from the Ebert trade.

Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, the post said IF pick 2 was put on the table we'd get a better deal, which we would. Few clubs would tradie it for pick 8 plus another pick probably between 10 and 14, although the value is not too far off. There's a chance Port implode next year for sure which would make it great value, but it's too big of a risk for our first seriously premium pick since Andrew Gaff in 2010. You are more likely to rebound and get back into the top four than you are to implode and finish in the bottom four IMO.

There are no offers for There's literally zero incentive for a club to trade pick 2 (or any top few picks for that matter) unless they are coming out well in front.

Port fans seem to have gotten it into their heads that we are somehow now responsible for trading pick 2.

Most Eagles fans (though not all) would be pretty happy with that. Personally, I would. I've got no problem with the club trying to play chicken to get more. I suspect there is lingering resentment from the Ebert trade.
Is anyone still at the club that was involved with the Ebert trade? It was 10 years ago. Surely normal people don’t hold a grudge for that long.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn’t GWS offering 3 and 12 for pick 1? If the player they want isn’t taken number 1, wouldn’t they offer a similar deal for pick 2?

North won’t trade pick 1. They need Cadman. Assuming they get pick 2 - Wardlaw and Cadman would be a great result for them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t GWS offering 3 and 12 for pick 1? If the player they want isn’t taken number 1, wouldn’t they offer a similar deal for pick 2?

why take that risk and surely they are going all in for Caldman

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seems like hes headed to the PSD. which i dont mind, cant imagine anyone else picking up his contract for 4 years and if they do wont loose any sleep over it.
Will be nice getting something for free for a change

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Seems like hes headed to the PSD. which i dont mind, cant imagine anyone else picking up his contract for 4 years and if they do wont loose any sleep over it.
Will be nice getting something for free for a change
Yeah he will look good in a Kangaroos or Bombers jumper

JHF staying at Kangaroos if Port keep lowballing

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah he will look good in a Kangaroos or Bombers jumper

JHF staying at Kangaroos if Port keep lowballing
Jack Martin made it to Carlton in the psd. Nobody else is offering him as much as us, why wouldn’t he make it to port?

He could also just re-sign.

chrisp79

Draftee
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The fact that north fans think

A) they can get butters out of port
B) they could get butters, who would be wanted by every team in the league to want to go to north right now
C) that butters is only worth a fraction of jhf

Is laughable and a little sad.
Im a westcoast fan and I’d rather have butters than Francais.

Jack Martin made it to Carlton in the psd. Nobody else is offering him as much as us, why wouldn’t he make it to port?

He could also just re-sign.

Essendon would have the cap easily

Back