Multiplat Jurassic Park: Survival

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jurassic Park meets Alien Isolation as the franchise finally gets a game in the 1st person survival genre with the world announcement at the Game Awards!

The plot of someone else being left behind on Isla Nublar is something I was waiting for and this franchise is such an obvious choice for this type of game, it's really amazing how few studios have tried it and it's long overdue. Hopefully she has a really good story and arc that tie into the gameplay.

More info from the website:

Return to Isla Nublar the day after the events of the beloved 1993 Jurassic Park film in an original adventure 65 million years in the making.

Survive thrilling first-person action as InGen scientist Dr. Maya Joshi, who was unable to evacuate Isla Nublar, in this single-player action-adventure game and discover a never-before-told story.

Through thrilling encounters, experience the wonder and danger of dinosaurs, each with their own distinct and adaptive behaviors brought to life by John Hammond’s vision.

EXPLORE ISLA NUBLAR​

Adventure through a fully realized Isla Nublar filled with reactive wildlife, dinosaurs, and other surprising threats. From the iconic towering park gates to the Visitor Center and beyond, Jurassic Park comes alive like never before.

EVADE PREHISTORIC PREDATORS​

Outsmart, escape, and interact with the film’s iconic dinosaurs. Use your ingenuity through distraction and stealth to navigate intense and unforgettable encounters in a journey to outlast some of the deadliest creatures to ever walk the earth.

SURVIVE THE ISLAND​

Explore the park and face its dangers. Use all the resources at your disposal to find intelligent solutions to endure the many threats lurking on Isla Nublar.

There are a few other dinosaur survivals in the works too, like Istinction, Deathground and Project Ferocious. So if that appeals to you, you might be eating well in the next 2 years.

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF

Last edited:

This looks brilliant, can't wait! I read the JP novel for the first time a month or so ago and found myself wondering how we'd never got a good story based JP game. Here's hoping this can be it.

Yeah there's plenty for them to work with with all the staff on the island and trying to get to the boat that left in the storm. It stands to reason that some may not have made it, just like Nedry. If they want to get real emotional/deep about it I'm sure they could make it about her trying to rescue someone else who is lost on the island as well as herself, like her scientist boyfriend or some family member who was visiting her.

Since it's set the day after the film's ending will be interesting to see how they can tie it in. If they really want to add more legitimacy to it maybe have some recordings/notes lying around by the original cast like Dr Grant and Ian Malcolm giivng more of their in-depth thoughts on the themes involved. Sorta like they did with Ripley in Isolation when Sigourney reprised her role.

The story will be just as important as the gameplay for it's success, imo.

Last edited:
Since it's set the day after the film's ending will be interesting to see how they can tie it in. If they really want to add more legitimacy to it maybe have some recordings lying around by the original cast like Dr Grant and Ian Malcolm.
There was a shot of Alan's hat sitting in the rain near the car, let's hope that's a little tease of something like that.

Everything about this concept has me so damn excited.

I do hope it's more survival-horror with exploration elements (Alien: Isolation) than a straight up linear action game.

Either way, the idea of a park worker being stuck behind the day after the movie is absolutely perfect. Will get to see all of the iconic areas from the movie without needing to shoehorn the original characters in and screw with the canon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back