Multiplat Jurassic world evolution 2

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
JWE2 has just been announced. I'm pretty excited for this as JWE has been a regular for me when I'm bored. I always seem to come back to it. Release date 2021. Will update with more info as it comes.

Here's the announcement trailer

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Agree but also don't want too many open areas either. Being able to build on uneven terrain would be cool. I also have always wanted a viewing dome that can be placed anywhere in an enclosure and accessible from an underground tunnel.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Some small details ive been able to find so far

* A new mode called "chaos theory" where you’ll relive iconic film moments from across the Jurassic World and Jurassic Park films in ‘what-if’ scenarios.

* More than 75 prehistoric species in Jurassic World Evolution 2, including all-new flying and marine reptiles

* new dino Amargasaurus confirmed

1623574241430.png

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I didn’t like how you had to put a hatching center every time you built a new enclosure.

What I did is built a separate hatching center,tranq the dinosaur and then moved it to its enclosure haha
I often had two seperate enclosures attached to a single hatchery just to conserve space. Perhaps they could reduce the size of the hatcheries? Doubtful though

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I didn’t like how you had to put a hatching center every time you built a new enclosure.

What I did is built a separate hatching center,tranq the dinosaur and then moved it to its enclosure haha
I generally had a hatchery in one large herbivore enclosure and tranqed and transported as needed but they could walk out with no issues. And then a closed off Carnivore hatchery that i would immediately tranq and transport to seperate enclosures.
I'm looking forward to the new game but reckon it'll be a wait for sale for me. 1st game was released with quite a few bugs etc so I'd probably hold off until its patched a bit. Hoping for some more management depth in this one

Confirmed Dinosaurs
Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Confirmed Dino's so far 47 (4 aquatic, 5 flying)

Acrocanthosaurus
Albertosaurus
Allosaurus
Amargasaurus *new*
Ankylosaurus
Attenborosaurus *new aquatic* (Delux edition/DLC)
Baryonyx
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Carnotaurus *new*
Cearadactylus *new flying*
Chasmosaurus
Coelophysis *new*
Compsognathus
Corythosaurus
Diplodocus
Dimorphodon *new flying*
Dracorex
Dreadnaughtus
Dryosaurus
Gallimimus
Geosternbergia *new flying* (Delux edition/DLC)
Giganotosaurus
Homalocephale
Huayangosaurus *new* (Delux edition/DLC)
Ichthyosaur *new aquatic*
Indominus rex
Kentrosaurus
Majungasaurus
Megalosaurus *new* (Delux edition/DLC)
Mosasaurus *new aquatic*
Nasutoceratops
Nigersaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus *new* (Delux edition/DLC)
Plesiosaurus *new aquatic*
Pteranaodon *flying*
Qianzhousaurus *new*
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Struthiomimus
Stygimoloch
Torosaurus
Triceratops
Tropeognathus *new flying*
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I was so excited for the first one, but never bought it because of how clearly designed around the concept of paid DLC it was. Fingers crossed this one has a bit more going for it at the outset, otherwise it'll be another sad non-purchase for me.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I was so excited for the first one, but never bought it because of how clearly designed around the concept of paid DLC it was. Fingers crossed this one has a bit more going for it at the outset, otherwise it'll be another sad non-purchase for me.
Tbh I didn't find the base game that bad. Definately a lot of paid DLC though. I don't expect this one will be any different.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
What was the first one like? Heard it was a bit slow and monotonous.
It certainly can take time to get going, but once you have some decent money coming in, the park comes along quickly. Also if you don't need to sell fossils for money, save them for when you start a new island to give you a kick start which does speed up the process.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I think this is a massive improvement from the first game.

"You can now release dinosaurs in groups into the park, and you can choose to do remote releases, too – meaning you can directly transport newly-grown dinosaurs from your hatchery to other enclosures. No more finding space in your enclosures to attach hatcheries, if you don’t want to."

No more building multiple hatcheries and wasting money and space. Great news!

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think this is a massive improvement from the first game.

"You can now release dinosaurs in groups into the park, and you can choose to do remote releases, too – meaning you can directly transport newly-grown dinosaurs from your hatchery to other enclosures. No more finding space in your enclosures to attach hatcheries, if you don’t want to."

No more building multiple hatcheries and wasting money and space. Great news!

yep great news

Building customisation
Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I'm getting excited
look i really enjoyed the first one, still do. so any improvement over the first game is exciting. im just waiting for the change that i hate to be revealed

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
look i really enjoyed the first one, still do. so any improvement over the first game is exciting. im just waiting for the change that i hate to be revealed

did you end up clearing all the islands? I think I cleared 3 of them then couldn’t be bothered with the rest game got repetitive 😂

One thing I didn’t like about the first game was moving on to the next island when you fill up the map I prefer to have one giant map and just expanding

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
did you end up clearing all 5 islands?
Multiple times. It got quite easy after a while. Once you understand the mechanics of what Dino's draw crowds, what crowds like to raise island rating and finally what buildings make the most money and then you put all that together it was quite easy.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Multiple times. It got quite easy after a while. Once you understand the mechanics of what Dino's draw crowds, what crowds like to raise island rating and finally what buildings make the most money and then you put all that together it was quite easy.

The first island I cleared was making huge profits basically funding the other maps

what ever fossils I found on the first map I kept them then sold them on the next map to make quick money when you start 😂

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
The first island I cleared was making huge profits basically funding the other maps

what ever fossils I found on the first map I kept them then sold them on the next map to make quick money when you start 😂
That's the smartest way. I hope they keep this feature but something tells me they might change the way fossils are extracted and sold.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Some new details confirmed. Gallimimus confirmed to return. New environment editing tool but most excitingly we can now pause, speed up and slow down the time like other simulator games. New vet centre also and Dino's now have a stamina meter.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Absolutely loved the first one (and all the DLC) so I'm pretty keen for this.

My only real criticism of the first game is depth. Looking for this one to have much deeper park, staff and visitor management options.
Staff now require staff rooms to recover, so that adds a little bit of a different dimension to staff management. Although I imagine in essence all it means is having to fork out extra $$$ to keep the staff happy.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
New Dino spotted. You tuber seems to think it's a corythosaurus. I agree, that was my initial thought before he explained his reasoning. Looks like there's more info coming in the next couple of days with developer diaries announced for Friday.

Back