Movie Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The fifth Jurassic Park movie. Dinosaurs chase and eat people... again! Looks like the twerpy kids from the last movie aren't in it.

In cinemas June 21st.

Last edited:
I hope they haven't shown the best bits of the movie in this trailer.

Taking dinosaurs out of their habitat, what could go wrong? Main actors activating invincibility mode. Pretty formulaic.
Roller coaster ride!
THey bloody better not have injured any triceratops. They are my fave.

I assume you mean balls in a good way, because that looked sweet as ****.

Will probably disappoint though.

I did not. I really dislike what they've done with it. Loved the soft horror elements from the original and they've instead gone the direction of making family disaster films where the CGI looks worse than animatronics from 25 years ago.

I did not. I really dislike what they've done with it. Loved the soft horror elements from the original and they've instead gone the direction of making family disaster films where the CGI looks worse than animatronics from 25 years ago.
Sure, they are abit cheesy but I guess you just have to enjoy it for what it is. We're pretty starved for dino movies ya know... A genre with so much potential.

Trailer's these days are pretty well done, but this one seemed lacklustre. I'm sure the actual film will be entertaining regardless.

Sure, they are abit cheesy but I guess you just have to enjoy it for what it is. We're pretty starved for dino movies ya know... A genre with so much potential.

That's just it, I don't enjoy it. They seem like cash grabs aimed at our sense of nostaliga, but made without real care or love of the original. I absolutely agree they have potential, which is why it disappoints me so much.

That's just it, I don't enjoy it. They seem like cash grabs aimed at our sense of nostaliga, but made without real care or love of the original. I absolutely agree they have potential, which is why it disappoints me so much.
Sounds familiar to another franchise atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds familiar to another franchise atm

These movie franchises have ******* theme park rides. So they're not going to be very adult.

These movie franchises have ******* theme park rides. So they're not going to be very adult.

What does adult have to do with it? The first one wasn’t adult, just well crafted.

Whats wrong with theme parks? Not many tiny little kids going on roller coasters.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

They aren't roller coasters. It's not so much the rides themselves as the brand stature they represent. These movies have to be safe enough to bring your little kid and old grandma along.

I hope they haven't shown the best bits of the movie in this trailer.

Taking dinosaurs out of their habitat, what could go wrong? Main actors activating invincibility mode. Pretty formulaic.
Roller coaster ride!
THey bloody better not have injured any triceratops. They are my fave.
Bizarrely seems to borrow from the Lost World. Much as I loved that as a kid it wasn’t exactly broadly lived.

I think the concept has been thoroughly stretched.

Dinosaurs en masse on the mainland is the only place to go.

I think the concept has been thoroughly stretched.

Dinosaurs en masse on the mainland is the only place to go.
I disagree on the first point. All of the films had unique set ups. The first was pre-park, the second two conflicting teams on the island, the third (ugh) a rescue mission, the fourth with the park actually open.

My main criticism of the last one would be they spent too much time traversing the jungle and not enough time on the dinosaurs attacking the visitors. It felt like a waste of said set up. The whole pterodactyl scene where s**t hit the fan was fun.

Given how crap the T-Rex on mainland scenes were in 2, I sincerely hope they never go down that path. It seems like they do with the Indoraptor in this at least, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back