Society/Culture Jussie Smollett

Remove this Banner Ad

Explain "irrelevant" in the context that no-one is disputing it was the brothers.
Most of what you said was irellevant to the case, IE Juicey not getting paid enough of empire or not, could be motivation but the set of circumstance are irellevant to the actual incident

Most of what you said was irellevant to the case, IE Juicey not getting paid enough of empire or not, could be motivation but the set of circumstance are irellevant to the actual incident
Everything I said was to do with the police case that was stated at the time. You seem to be saying I knocked down a lot of strawmen I made up myself. Not true. It was the police who claimed Smollett paid them $3500 to attack him. It was the police who claimed the motive was because he wasn't being paid enough.

The story sounds weird. But ask yourself this. If you go through the whole story, there should be about dozen pieces of evidence that are slam dunk against Smollett and this case would have been over ages ago. If he was guilty. Not one text between the brothers that say something like "Jussie said we should....", or Smollett giving them instructions with voicemail or text. Is Smollett a master criminal?

Everything I said was to do with the police case that was stated at the time. You seem to be saying I knocked down a lot of strawmen I made up myself. Not true. It was the police who claimed Smollett paid them $3500 to attack him. It was the police who claimed the motive was because he wasn't being paid enough.

The story sounds weird. But ask yourself this. If you go through the whole story, there should be about dozen pieces of evidence that are slam dunk against Smollett and this case would have been over ages ago. If he was guilty. Not one text between the brothers that say something like "Jussie said we should....", or Smollett giving them instructions with voicemail or text. Is Smollett a master criminal?
Can you provide any links to support all these holes in the narrative? So far, we just have to trust you that it's right. Which has a delicious but of irony to it.

Can you provide any links to support all these holes in the narrative? So far, we just have to trust you that it's right. Which has a delicious but of irony to it.
Just one.

Cop's claim:

Refuted here:

And...can you provide a link saying I have to give you a link everytime I say something.

Last edited:
Just one.

Cop's claim:

Refuted here:

And...can you provide a link saying I have to give you a link everytime I say something.
So the report you provided from TMZ (!) doesn't actually refute the cop's claim. I mean, if you're gonna pay someone to do something dodgy you generally don't write that stuff on the books. But nevertheless, yes, that's clearly a point of contention.

Also, there's no rule stating you have to back up your claims with evidence or sources, but as the saying goes, "what is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

So the report you provided from TMZ (!) doesn't actually refute the cop's claim. I mean, if you're gonna pay someone to do something dodgy you generally don't write that stuff on the books. But nevertheless, yes, that's clearly a point of contention.

Also, there's no rule stating you have to back up your claims with evidence or sources, but as the saying goes, "what is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
How doesn't it not refute the cop's claim? Johnson put it out there, and when the TMZ story came out, he went quiet. Johnson has nothing. Just bs the brothers told them to keep them happy.

Cop: what was the 3500 for?! To attack Jussie, right?!
Brothers: no. for training.
Cop: Don't give me that!!
Brothers: Ummm...ok, for the attack.

It sounds like you are saying Smollett figured he might get caught so he wrote that on the cheque. Gosh!!! That must have made the brothers nervous. lol

"Ummm, Jussie, why did you write that, and why tf didn't you just pay us cash? And what about the money for the 7 weeks of personal training etc?!"

$500 a week is not unreasonable for the service, espesh seeing as he was rolling in dough. The brothers admit they were employed by him for personal training/ diet. Are you saying he paid them $3500 for the attack, and nothing for 7 weeks of PT?!

Why a cheque? Smollett claims the PT fee on tax. Thats opinion.

But if you think it doesn't put a hole in the cop's claim, you go right ahead. Raise that bar.

The master criminal you are painting doesn't exist. The police case was leaking all over the media to destroy Smollett's credibility. But I've seen nothing to back up their initial claims.

Last edited:
How doesn't it not refute the cop's claim? Johnson put it out there, and when the TMZ story came out, he went quiet. Johnson has nothing. Just bs the brothers told them to keep them happy.

Cop: what was the 3500 for?! To attack Jussie, right?!
Brothers: no. for training.
Cop: Don't give me that!!
Brothers: Ummm...ok, for the attack.

It sounds like you are saying Smollett figured he might get caught so he wrote that on the cheque. Gosh!!! That must have made the brothers nervous. lol

"Ummm, Jussie, why did you write that, and why tf didn't you just pay us cash? And what about the money for the 7 weeks of personal training etc?!"

$500 a week is not unreasonable for the service, espesh seeing as he was rolling in dough. The brothers admit they were employed by him for personal training/ diet. Are you saying he paid them $3500 for the attack, and nothing for 7 weeks of PT?!

Why a cheque? Smollett claims the PT fee on tax. Thats opinion.

But if you think it doesn't put a hole in the cop's claim, you go right ahead. Raise that bar.

The master criminal you are painting doesn't exist. The police case was leaking all over the media to destroy Smollett's credibility. But I've seen nothing to back up their initial claims.
One logical leap to another.

I'm teaching my students about logic and persuasion at the moment. It's funny seeing so many posts around the site that don't use them. You've gone from this supposedly putting a hole in the case to the cop"having nothing". This is apparently the only part of that diatribe from before that has any evidence associated with it and it's finally AF.

Clearly Smollett is innocent. It's all racist!

One logical leap to another.

I'm teaching my students about logic and persuasion at the moment. It's funny seeing so many posts around the site that don't use them. You've gone from this supposedly putting a hole in the case to the cop"having nothing". This is apparently the only part of that diatribe from before that has any evidence associated with it and it's finally AF.

Clearly Smollett is innocent. It's all racist!
Please provide a link where the cops have a case.

He's going to trial. You can choose whichever news outlet takes your fancy.

He's going on trial where this happens:

and...

Smollett's attorneys would have been present at the grand jury hearing and would have heard all the sealed evidence. Quote from Smollett's attorney: "I have not seen one piece of evidence, and they don't have one piece of evidence that they've turned over, that links Jussie to this.” https://www.amaphome.org/news/2019/3/26/jussie-smollett-all-charges-dismissed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unrelated case and lawyer's huffing and puffing from the previous charges.

Again, not evidence of anything at all and absolutely irrelevant to the fact, which is the police and public prosecutor believe they have a case. You can try to play judge and jury from half a world away based on TMZ articles and your hunches, but it's not worth the cost of the electricity charging your phone.

Unrelated case and lawyer's huffing and puffing from the previous charges.

Again, not evidence of anything at all and absolutely irrelevant to the fact, which is the police and public prosecutor believe they have a case. You can try to play judge and jury from half a world away based on TMZ articles and your hunches, but it's not worth the cost of the electricity charging your phone.
You say all that, while hanging on the words of two admitted liars, the brothers. And Johnson, who was recently caught lying and dismissed from the force. Great line up you have there.

Raise the bar, then lower it. To suit your gut feeling.

You say all that, while hanging on the words of two admitted liars, the brothers. And Johnson, who was recently caught lying and dismissed from the force. Great line up you have there.

Raise the bar, then lower it. To suit your gut feeling.
More claims, still no evidence. Smollett is on trial. See what happens.

kick butt .. but don't expect anything from it.. people are selfish.. that is my new mantra... love our work..

How much burden is put on the person making a false claim to substantiate their claim when they are being accused of lying to the police?

Having two black men roll up to court after claiming that white maga hat wearing people attack would be like two delicious chocolate torpedoes to sink the story

Do you honestly believe they would take this to a court with no evidence of it being a hoax? And do you honestly believe he is innocent?
I don't believe anything. I have seen no compelling evidence to prove the initial accusations against him.

The evidence they have is the testimony of the two brothers. I have seen no other. And its not like the cops didn't leak to their media friends like a sieve when they thought they had something. We know all about how the brothers got the hats etc. We know about the cheque. We know about how Jussie's motivation was because he wasn't getting paid enough. And some of it was straight from police superintendent Johnson, a proven liar.

I don't believe anything. I have seen no compelling evidence to prove the initial accusations against him.

The evidence they have is the testimony of the two brothers. I have seen no other. And its not like the cops didn't leak to their media friends like a sieve when they thought they had something. We know all about how the brothers got the hats etc. We know about the cheque. We know about how Jussie's motivation was because he wasn't getting paid enough. And some of it was straight from police superintendent Johnson, a proven liar.
So basically, if it's not reported in the media, you work off the assumption it doesn't exist. There's a system of evidence, courts and rules for trial that exist specifically because justice isn't found in tabloid magazines.

So basically, if it's not reported in the media, you work off the assumption it doesn't exist. There's a system of evidence, courts and rules for trial that exist specifically because justice isn't found in tabloid magazines.
After over a year, that is generally the case. New bits and pieces may surprise, but generally the compelling stuff is leaked out there by now.

Can you give an example of a case that dragged on publicly for 12 months of more, leaking like a sieve in the media. And finally when there is a trial, there is some absolutely NEW evidence that no-one knew about, and....SLAM DUNK!!!

Do you think there are text messages, or slam dunk videos, or some audio? The door opens, a surprise witness walks in. Smollett is dumbfoiunded, while Perry Mason tries not to smile.

Last edited:
After over a year, that is generally the case. New bits and pieces may surprise, but generally the compelling stuff is leaked out there by now.

Can you give an example of a case that dragged on publicly for 12 months of more, leaking like a sieve in the media. And finally when there is a trial, there is some absolutely NEW evidence that no-one knew about, and....SLAM DUNK!!!

Do you think there are text messages, or slam dunk videos, or some audio?
You've yet to convince me there is any need for new evidence of any kind. You have given us one link which - at most - casts doubt on one aspect of the relationship between the two Nigerians and Smollett, but doesn't discount the possibility the payment included "the job". Everything else you're dismissing is purely speculative without seeing any of the evidence, interviews, thousands of hours of investigation and discussions with people of interest first hand like the police have.

You can bust out as much rhetoric about flimsy evidence or claims of lies and slander as you want, but you haven't show any evidence of it reported anywhere and ultimately Smollett is going to trial for lying about it all. The story doesn't pass the sniff test at all, and the info that has been reported all points to it being a ridiculous hoax. That's all we know unless you can show otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back