Society/Culture Jussie Smollett

Remove this Banner Ad

So are you actually pretending that justice has occurred, or are you just ignoring the injustice because it gives you pleasure?
It's not often that a young black man gets the rub of the green in the American justice system. He was stupid but I'm not sorry this isn't going any further.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
It's not often that a young black man gets the rub of the green in the American justice system. He was stupid but I'm not sorry this isn't going any further.
And this is why the right label the left as moralising hypocrites.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know this is likely a troll, although it's apparent that you are truly gleeful at the result. This was one of few threads on srp that reached bipartisan consensus about something... so I fail to see how this result is a victory for either "side".

But just in case you're serious with your identity politicking about this being a one up for the black community, you should research who some of Smollett's biggest critics were: that same community. As his lies will cast doubt upon future minorities who become victims of hate crimes. The outrage in the hip hop podcasts I listen to was intense.

This was not a victory for the black community. It was a victory for two groups only: the rich/connected, as if they needed anymore proof that they're untouchable. And the alt-right, who can use this as propaganda for their cause.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I know this is likely a troll, although it's apparent that you are truly gleeful at the result. This was one of few threads on srp that reached bipartisan consensus about something... so I fail to see how this result is a victory for either "side".

But just in case you're serious with your identity politicking about this being a one up for the black community, you should research who some of Smollett's biggest critics were: that same community. As his lies will cast doubt upon future minorities who become victims of hate crimes. The outrage in the hip hop podcasts I listen to was intense.

This was not a victory for the black community. It was a victory for two groups only: the rich/connected, as if they needed anymore proof that they're untouchable. And the alt-right, who can use this as propaganda for their cause.
He's a mega troll, but the mods love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
"Fwoy, post: 60030199, member: 3458"]
aRcuH0t.jpg
[/QUOTE]
"Must be nice to be a celebrity". That should be change to "Must be nice to be a celebrity, black and gay". SmollettSmollett got the triple get out of jail card.

Last edited:

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
So are you actually pretending that justice has occurred, or are you just ignoring the injustice because it gives you pleasure?
YES.

That's how the LWNJs operate. They don't care about justice or being fair. They're driven by a hatred of anyone who is right of centre, successful or who believes that people should be accountable for their own actions. This is the reason who they are so hypocritical and inconsistent in their beliefs and opinions.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
His embarrassing exposure is punishment enough. I have no problems with the charges being dropped.
You need to get past your bias snak. If there is sufficient evidence that someone has committed an offence/s then they need to be prosecuted. The embarrassment they have received as a result of their actions is irrelevant. There was a ton of evidence in this case, even admissions from the co-accused. Dropping the charges has clearly been done because he's a minority and/or has lefty mates in high places. This is a miscarriage of justice.

Had it been a right winger making the same false claims about black people, the LWNJ celebrities would have been demanding blood in their Oscar speeches.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I don't recall ever stating that Trump lacks "rich privilege". Find me a presidential candidate who doesn't have it. Millionaire Bernie with the fraudster wife?
It's also funny how they used to make fun of Turnbulls wealth (which was 10% self made through hard work), yet remain silent on the wealth of people like Krudd and Shorten who simply rode on the coat tails of their wives. Then again, that's general the MO of the left.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer

Hear what you’re saying, but on the other hand it’s very common that a wealthy and privileged man (which Jussie is) does get the rub of the green.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
It's also funny how they used to make fun of Turnbulls wealth (which was 10% self made through hard work), yet remain silent on the wealth of people like Krudd and Shorten who simply rode on the coat tails of their wives. Then again, that's general the MO of the left.
You'll find a general critique from the left is that there is too much corporate influence in politics, which you've made an argument in favour of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back