Society/Culture Jussie Smollett

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Reckon this is one of those things where the stats will vary wildly based on the source and their ideological base. For instance, I just did a quick search and this article was one of the first to pop up:

Doing research for a book, Hate Crime Hoax, I was able to easily put together a data set of 409 confirmed hate hoaxes. An overlapping but substantially different list of 348 hoaxes exists at fakehatecrimes.org, and researcher Laird Wilcox put together another list of at least 300 in his still-contemporary book Crying Wolf. To put these numbers in context, a little over 7,000 hate crimes were reported by the FBI in 2017 and perhaps 8-10% of these are widely reported enough to catch the eye of a national researcher.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ired-cut-video-chicago-fox-column/2950146002/

I note he cited 7000 hate crimes in a single year period but doesn't specify what period the 409 fake ones cover. Even if it were in the same year, it's still only 6%. Pretty small.

6% for me isn't small.

You would be happy that if there were 100 trials for hat crimes involving jail time that 6 of the accused went to prison even though they were 100 % innocent?

Rapists? We know there have been plenty of false accusations there over the journey.

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1551135746443.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Why are people giving this oxygen thief any more regard?
He wants attention - deprive him of it.

The ideology needs to be put on trial.

The ideology needs to be put on trial.
Not sure it needs a public trial if everyone thinks he's a grade A moron. Let his stupidity fade away.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Not sure it needs a public trial if everyone thinks he's a grade A moron. Let his stupidity fade away.

He is a representative of a wide ranging ongoing absurdity. An environment of sociologically cultivated stupidity created him. It needs to be highlighted at every opportunity.

I’m more thinking about the type of people who would prefer to spend their energy highlighting fakes or simply disputing that racial discrimination or any crime motivated by bigotry (or sexism or homophobia) exists.

I didn’t watch your video, don’t know the guy who created it. I suppose it’s a laugh in a Darwin Awards kind of way?

People hate liars and bullshit artists. Youtubers like iDubbbz have made careers out of exposing them. Smollet just happens to be from Hollywood, rather than Youtube.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reckon this is one of those things where the stats will vary wildly based on the source and their ideological base. For instance, I just did a quick search and this article was one of the first to pop up:

Hate crime stats in the uk are a joke. Incidents are recorded without any need whatsoever for proof.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-on-foreign-workers-recorded-as-hate-incident

A speech about foreign workers given by the home secretary, Amber Rudd, at the Tory party conference in October has been officially recorded as a hate incident, police have confirmed.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting. I read that the Chicago Police are "furious" at the decision to drop it. Fishy as *.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Charges dropped by a Democrat State Attorney, who had originally recused herself for being too close to Smollett. Almost as if Smollett's friends from higher up in the DNC called in some favours. Can't have presidential candidates looking foolish!

There is no white privilege. Just rich privilege.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Charges dropped by a Democrat State Attorney, who had originally recused herself for being too close to Smollett. Almost as if Smollett's friends from higher up in the DNC called in some favours. Can't have presidential candidates looking foolish!

There is no white privilege. Just rich privilege.

OK what evidence is there that Smollet had "Friends in the DNC" - if so can you name them

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
No.

Which makes the rest of your post pointless.

You are big on the self evident replies - no doubt it some informed critique of identity politics and how 'the Left" has created a circumstances that everyone feels like a victim et cetera et cetera . If only Jussie had learned how to pat cats and stand up straight.

Back