Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Finally it's here, the preview I had my heart set on.

In 2009 Fremantle headed to the draft with a whole bunch of high level picks, and obviously nfi what to do with them. Pick 20 arrived, and they drafted some scrawny kid from country WA named Nathan Fyfe.
fyfe debut.png

But Fyfe wouldn't stay scrawny for long. He worked hard in the gym, on the track, and only had to wait to round 5 of 2010 for his debut. He was their diamond in the rough of their 2009 draft, and what a pristine diamond he turned out to be. Over the past 149 games he's trained hard:

fyfe training.png

Played hard - even giving beach tennis a go!

fyfe tennis.png

Fyfe's graced magazine covers:

fyfe mens health.png

and been a brand ambassador for Adidas:

fyfeadidasav.gif

After only 149 games for Freo Fyfe's been a 2x MVP 2x Doig Medallist and 2x All Australian rep (among many other awards)

fyfe all aussie.png

And who could forget the day he brought so much pride to the club and to the fans, winning the Brownlow medal in 2015:

fyfe brownlow.png

149 games of being a superstar, a medal winner, a match winner, and the team's Captain! Leading up to his 150th game, Fyfe was kind enough to front the media looking like he walked straight out of fashion week:

fyfe mrp.jpg

Wait... you're telling me that was to front the tribunal? Why? What? Why????

fyfe banned.jpg

So... Fyfe won't be playing this week. This isn't the preview for his 150th game.

But I guess there'll still be a game on probably.

The last five times we played Adelaide:

R10, 2017, Adelaide 20.23 (143) d Fremantle 6.7 (43) at Adelaide Oval
R21, 2016, Adelaide 21.16 (142) d Fremantle 11.4 (70) at Subiaco Oval
R6, 2016, Adelaide 14.13 (97) d Fremantle 8.16 (64) at Adelaide Oval
R9, 2015, Fremantle 10.8 (68) d Adelaide 7.15 (57) at Adelaide Oval (How great was Fyfe this game!)
R12, 2014, Fremantle 12.18 (90) d Adelaide 7.8 (50) at Subiaco Oval

In 2018, Adelaide's won slightly more games than us, 6-4, but both teams are sitting outside the 8. Both teams lost last week and will be looking for redemption. Adelaide have a raft of injuries to their stars like McGovern, Sloane and their captain, Tex Walker. Freo have gone for youth, debuting 2 players last week, and fielding their youngest side in 8 years. Will we see more debutants this week? A player like Fyfe is big shoes to fill, but it leaves a spot in the side for someone to take. We might also see the return of big man Sandi, after missing last week with concussion, which'll boost our age profile and average games by a big margin.

So... who's going to win this one? Both teams need a win. Both teams are without their captain. Well, I'm banking on my new buddy to have a Brownlow-winning game this week. It's what I do (I was Fyfe's buddy in the Brownlow year).

Freo to win at home by 7.

Awesome preview. Adelaide by 29 unfortunately though. Fave game vs Adelaide is Round 1 2010 when our debutants put on a show. I still miss Mick

Fyfes banana goal in the derby on the left from the pocket. 2011 i think. Flipping incredible.

Good stuff.

Freo by 1. Neale 3 goals

No Laird or Lynch in addition to all their other outs and a fresh Sandi coming back against a clearly out of sorts Jacobs. I'd love to think we're a red hot chance even with Fyfe missing, Blakely can do a respectable job, but we've been playing so poorly lately i still have no confidence. Adelaide by 13.

I'm pretty excited at the prospect of Sandi and Apeness working together though, hopefully the weather is decent and we can exploit them for size up fwd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a lot of topless Fyfe photos... almost like a collection...

I've lost all faith. Except I haven't and I never do, despite all reason. The freo supporter cursed with the terrible, horrible, torturous hope :'(

Logically we'll be trounced but I'll watch and hope anyway.

Not sure what to make of the OP.

Picture on the site looks awesome. But when you turn up at the bar on Sunday, you’ll find that it’s his ugly team mate D.Pearce that showed up instead...

Thanks for the Preview....Fyfe really likes taking his shirt off doesnt he?...Oh well, if you got it flaunt it :)
This game may well be close. It concerns me about Neale under a cloud...Hopefully if he doesnt get up, then Blakely plays as a mid.
My concern is (as always!) can we score enough to win?? and where do the goals come from??
Crows by about 4 goals :(

Thanks for the Preview....Fyfe really likes taking his shirt off doesnt he?...Oh well, if you got it flaunt it :)
This game may well be close. It concerns me about Neale under a cloud...Hopefully if he doesnt get up, then Blakely plays as a mid.
My concern is (as always!) can we score enough to win?? and where do the goals come from??
Crows by about 4 goals :(
I think we could safely say Allikat likes finding photos of Fyfe with his shirt off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back