dascman03

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
49ers, Dodgers
I was thinking that as Daniel Motlop has announced his future intentions to quit the Roos, I thought of this possible trade.

St Kilda get - Daniel Motlop
Fremantle get - Heath Black
Kangaroos get - Steven Koops and St Kilda's 3rd round pick

I find this to be fair because Motlop looks like he can be a future star, due to Koops' age, the Saints could throw in an extra draft pick.

Thoughts??

Originally posted by dascman03
Thoughts??
yeah i got a few: not a fair trade, won't happen. we are talking about a former top 10 draftee who is about to explode next year. some injury prone fringe player and a near useless draft pick is no where near good enough.

also, motlop wont be going to st kilda if he does chose to leave as he wants to go home. as this cannot be achieved (ie no afl team in NT) he would want the next best thing and to return to SA where he has family and where he was originally recruited from.

back to the drawing boards dascman!! :rolleyes:

A former top 10 draft pick? why do you guys think that matters 3 years on. Laurence Angwin was a top ten pick, with a hell of a lot more talent than this kid, but it doesn't matter anymore.

Simon black was taken at 31, maybe you could swap for him, and a 2nd round to make it fair.

3 club trades are rare, but this one sounds like fair value for all involved.

Re: Re: Just another possible idea

Originally posted by year of the roo
yeah i got a few: not a fair trade, won't happen. we are talking about a former top 10 draftee who is about to explode next year. some injury prone fringe player and a near useless draft pick is no where near good enough.

also, motlop wont be going to st kilda if he does chose to leave as he wants to go home. as this cannot be achieved (ie no afl team in NT) he would want the next best thing and to return to SA where he has family and where he was originally recruited from.

back to the drawing boards dascman!! :rolleyes:

How about you try it instead of shooting him down. Looks a decent trade for me.

And to me "...a former top 10 draftee who is about to explode next year" sounds like "...a guy who has failed to even look like showing his potential, will he ever?"

Re: Re: Re: Just another possible idea

Originally posted by funky_monk
How about you try it instead of shooting him down. Looks a decent trade for me.

And to me "...a former top 10 draftee who is about to explode next year" sounds like "...a guy who has failed to even look like showing his potential, will he ever?"

Even if you only ever watch Freo games you surely would have noticed this guy taking 10 marks and kicking 3 goals against your lot at the MCG this year. Motlop is a serious talent who had a shoulder injury in his first year and OP in his second and really started to show what he's all about in the second half of this year. North will be desperate to keep him.

Re: Re: Just another possible idea

Originally posted by year of the roo

His call of being homesick is a little funny, from what I have heard he advised the Roos of his homesickness while holidaying in Mexico. Further to this he nominated both Port Adelaide and Essendon as his preferred choices but the last time I looked at a map Essendon was no where near the South Australian border.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back