Just Do It - Nike new Apparel Sponsor for the Sydney Swans

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney

ISC has been replaced by Apparel giant Nike, new gear is now available on the club website.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Seems to be a good move but looking at the new Off-field and Training gear - geez, could it be more boring!

That’s Nike. I’d say very good quality but a bit bland sometimes unless it’s shoes.

Hopefully they get a bit creative after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this yet another failure of Tom Harley?
Only elite clubs in Australia like the Cooma Tigers Football Club and Monaro Panthers Football Club have been able to secure Nike sponsorships previously, Harley = gun

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Meanwhile the Saints have gone with NB but the players still have Nike runners on in their new ad. What a disaster.

Who wears NB? Not to be a brand snob but their designs are generally atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Only elite clubs in Australia like the Cooma Tigers Football Club and Monaro Panthers Football Club have been able to secure Nike sponsorships previously, Harley = gun
Yes, the club's sponsorship by Nike is the exact same as Nike being a teamwear provider to those clubs. Good point, well made as usual.

Nice Swan Brother

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
I am super happy with Nike as the apparel sponsor and really liked last years kit. They make stuff you can wear without looking like a nuffy. Same as New Era with hats.

5 weeks in and the most recent Nike item in the Swans Shop is the 2021 pride guernsey. I checked the Pies (also Nike) shop and same issue.

Hawks (ADIDAS) already seeling 2022 ANZAC gear. Tigers same (Puma)

The clubs and the AFL cannot be pleased with this, I'm not.

Back