Just getting this off my chest.....

Remove this Banner Ad

At least they won one flag. Saints in 09/10 were a super team and have nothing to show for it

Yeah totally agree with that. The Saints of 09/10 don't really come up in conversations of best team ever though (not winning a flag probably has a little to do with it lol), however many argue that the Bombers outfit of 99 to 01 (especially the team of 2000 with their winning run) was one of the greatest teams. Just not a lot of silverware to show for it.

Loved that we were such a great big occasion team. Grand finals aside, I think one of my fondest memories was of the final quarter against the Swans in the 2003 preliminary final. Vividly recall the commentators predicting our demise at 3QT.

Yeah totally agree with that. The Saints of 09/10 don't really come up in conversations of best team ever though (not winning a flag probably has a little to do with it lol), however many argue that the Bombers outfit of 99 to 01 (especially the team of 2000 with their winning run) was one of the greatest teams. Just not a lot of silverware to show for it.

Loved that we were such a great big occasion team. Grand finals aside, I think one of my fondest memories was of the final quarter against the Swans in the 2003 preliminary final. Vividly recall the commentators predicting our demise at 3QT.
I had packed up ready to go to bed. We were a seriously tough never say die unit. Unbelievable win.

Our 2004 team was our best and had the best H&A record of the 1999- 2005 Lions superteams.

Given a fair draw in the 2004 Finals Series it would have been a 4Peat.

Damn you AFL

Damn you to hell
1dq121.jpg

2004 what a great time of life, young love with my beautiful wife to be, playing footy, playing cricket. When Dylan McLaren got a game in the 2004 GF i knew we were going to find it difficult. Sorry Dylan McLaren. GF 2004, i watched on a massive screen at the novotel in Rotorua, i was waiting for the mrs at the bar and met 2 lesbian bus drivers from Caboolture. The mrs had a sleep and missed most of the gf, so i spent the arvo with these 2 lovely ladies, unfortunately we know how that game panned out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The memories that hurt from that game was the behaviour of Lynch and Brownie. Both shouldn't have played, especially Brown who 'did' a knee the week before. I seem to remember Lynch carrying an injury into the game and being a liability in more ways than one. During the match I thought it was a very sad ending to a wonderful career.

2004 what a great time of life, young love with my beautiful wife to be, playing footy, playing cricket. When Dylan McLaren got a game in the 2004 GF i knew we were going to find it difficult. Sorry Dylan McLaren. GF 2004, i watched on a massive screen at the novotel in Rotorua, i was waiting for the mrs at the bar and met 2 lesbian bus drivers from Caboolture. The mrs had a sleep and missed most of the gf, so i spent the arvo with these 2 lovely ladies, unfortunately we know how that game panned out!
So, it’s all your wife’s fault then?

What’s the go with this new add thingo that just fully circles the page?
F*** OFF!
uBlock Origin brah. Best browser plugin ever.

Except for Brown And Bradshaw’s brilliance in 09 it’s been utter misery since. Here’s to 2019 and the turning of the tide!
A NAB Cup; an AFLX title; THREE NEAFL premierships...

We're one of the most successful clubs around, bro.

The only Lions GF I went to was 2004. :poo:
I was living In Warrnambool at the time and watched the three Premierships on TV. Had a perfect system worked out too. Six Boags Strong Arm Bitters in the fridge and six beer glasses in the freezer. One beer per quater and two to celebrate winning the Flag. Shouldn’t have broken tradition.

Can this thread be on any topic? Hope so 'cos .....

.....I really really don't like this new layout, it is a hodge podge and looks terrible. The log in part is a pain, I was having to prove I'm not a "robot" to get in which took ages, that part seems to have sorted now thank goodness.

...also on our user name part on the left there isn't any mention of the team we support, grr. I understand there has to be maintenance, but why does the whole layout need to be changed?

It certainly does not look as good as past layouts. I'm not a fan of change I admit, but do understand that change is necessary at times, but this change imo is not an improvement on the last one..

.....I really really don't like this new layout, it is a hodge podge and looks terrible. The log in part is a pain, I was having to prove I'm not a "robot" to get in which took ages, that part seems to have sorted now thank goodness.

...also on our user name part on the left there isn't any mention of the team we support, grr. I understand there has to be maintenance, but why does the whole layout need to be changed?

It certainly does not look as good as past layouts. I'm not a fan of change I admit, but do understand that change is necessary at times, but this change imo is not an improvement on the last one..
I quite like it on my mobile!
It’s a much simpler layout and easier to read.
It didn’t let me log in the first time, but the second time it worked fine.

I don't like it much either at the moment but the thread about the new software seems to suggest that most of my issues (including a poster's team being returned) will be solved as they fix things up. Not sure why they wouldn't test more heavily before they rolled it out but anyway...

Annoyances:
The scrolling ad at the top
Thread pages only available at the bottom of the page
No Lions club forum shortcut on taskbar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back