ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
We have been looking at the Trades now maybe we should be looking at the draft more so with the Under 18 and draft camps well and truly started
Therefor Before we all settle on trade, unless they are elite we should look at the names on this list and watch them in May
Parfitt and Hampton are ones to pay attention too, may not make top 10 but will be around for the Crows. Olango looks good for a late or Rookie ruck.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-...ch-in-the-division-two-national-championships
Another group to watch is the Yanks more so for Cat B rucks
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-28/congo-kenya-us-is-australia-next-for-afl-hopeful

Then you have the Vics, WA, and the good old SANFL.

First time starting a post if I get it wrong some help would be appreciated.

It's pretty good , not great and the worst part is a large % of the cream are tied to GWS , GC and Brisbane as academy members ( not so much Sydney this year )

A bit of a lack in quality key position players . Overall it's fair to good

Players will emerge in national champs starting with div 2 this weekend

Interesting that the Top 20 in Inside Football this week only has one SA player - and it's a small forward. Jonty Scharenberg is in the "just missed out" list.

He must have dropped off as he has been a top 10 pick for ages.
There is big wraps on Sweet from SA as the best ruck talent of this draft.
Ladhams also impressive last year as a forward / ruck at 17 yrs old ...202cm but a bit more natural forward like Peter wright is ( not as good )

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking we really need to get Jonty Scharenberg. Seriously, he sounds exactly like what we are lacking...

10. Jonty Scharenberg (SA)
Best position:
Inside midfield
Height, weight: 185cm, 77kg
Recruited from: Glenelg
Plays like: Callan Ward
Projected draft range: First to second round
Profile: Highly productive inside midfielder with strong contested ball winning ability, Scharenberg wins clearances and gains first possession regularly, can dish a quick handball in traffic to open teammates, find space in traffic and tackles strongly through the midfield. He also finds a good balance of contested and uncontested possessions. The brother of Collingwood's Matthew at times has proven a threat forward of centre, running into space, taking some strong marks and offering some scoreboard impact. Skill level by hand and foot is good. Athletically Scharenberg is only average, with no freakish attributes but he has an overall good workrate, covers the ground well, spreads from stoppages and provides some overlap run. Scharenberg would benefit from making his weapons more pronounced, taking his inside game from very good to dominant and taking his play forward of centre up another level, but overall he offers a well-rounded game through the midfield, projecting to be a valuable component to a midfield going forward.

SA too. I know we need to develop him, but imagine a midfield of Atkins, Milera, Sloane, Brouch, Mrouch and Scharenberg? Make it happen AFC

We need to trade in a mid who can not just contribute but help us win games in 2017 without needing to be developed for 3 or 4 years.

Is this a strong draft?

Gold Coast from trades and their own pick have 6 picks inside the top 30 with 2 top 10 picks.

Hope they don't waste that lot of quality kids.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking we really need to get Jonty Scharenberg. Seriously, he sounds exactly like what we are lacking...

10. Jonty Scharenberg (SA)
Best position:
Inside midfield
Height, weight: 185cm, 77kg
Recruited from: Glenelg
Plays like: Callan Ward
Projected draft range: First to second round
Profile: Highly productive inside midfielder with strong contested ball winning ability, Scharenberg wins clearances and gains first possession regularly, can dish a quick handball in traffic to open teammates, find space in traffic and tackles strongly through the midfield. He also finds a good balance of contested and uncontested possessions. The brother of Collingwood's Matthew at times has proven a threat forward of centre, running into space, taking some strong marks and offering some scoreboard impact. Skill level by hand and foot is good. Athletically Scharenberg is only average, with no freakish attributes but he has an overall good workrate, covers the ground well, spreads from stoppages and provides some overlap run. Scharenberg would benefit from making his weapons more pronounced, taking his inside game from very good to dominant and taking his play forward of centre up another level, but overall he offers a well-rounded game through the midfield, projecting to be a valuable component to a midfield going forward.

SA too. I know we need to develop him, but imagine a midfield of Atkins, Milera, Sloane, Brouch, Mrouch and Scharenberg? Make it happen AFC
Sounds much like the mids we have. We need some speed in there with athletically gifted Types. I would be looking for a different mid myself with some X Factor, speed, agility or great lateral movement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachlan Cameron at West Adelaide is one to watch as well.
Mobile CHB who spends time in the midfield. A little bit Andy Otten like when he was at his best early in his career prior to his knees cutting him down.

Well and truly off the radar. Still take an interest and attend games (because I enjoy it) but finding it very hard to justify investing time into and motivating myself to write.

Jeez, that's a pity, mate. You're a great resource. But I guess it's a lot of demands in your time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back