Just name a medal* after Erin Phillips and be done with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Being the inaugural winner and now 2 time winner of the BOG in a GF out of 3 seasons, I think it would be very fitting for the medal to be named the Erin Phillips medal. I cant think of anyone else who would be more fitting.
She is an elite talent and likely to be looked back upon as one of the best that has played the women's game 20,30 or 40 years from now I suspect. Imagine if she had access to a professional pathway from a young age.

In keeping with the theme of the week, we could do worse than the Kearney-Paxman Medal for the League B&F, given they've been the benchmark for consistent high performance over the league's first five years.

If that was the choice, it would just about guarantee Phillips got the GF BOG named after her.
Meanwhile, Lions coach Craig Starcevich said Phillips should be honoured with naming rights on the Grand Final's best on ground medal, which she won in 2017 and 2019.

"She's been a star of the comp and really we should be naming the medal after Erin Phillips down the track," Starcevich said.

"I think that's logical.

"She's had a massive impact on the comp and her legacy should be acknowledged."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back