Just play the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see we're paying Cox 550k to play in the VFL,.

He was harshly done by at the selection table but don't let that stop you giving him a clip.

A Rowell next to Petraca.. Mccines Daicos Macrae.. trade in an experienced 25 yr old bull in Petraca to take over the reigns.. have Rowell develop with the other young lads.. push Pendlebury out to a wing/flank.. with De Goey and Moore up front..

That would be my dream.. and we're back in the game.

Sorry, I didn't realise this was a fantasy footy thread and we didn't need to maintain any semblance of reality in our posts. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Petracca and Rowell.... that's a good one.

Greenwood is a beast. He is hard. That’s the only one I’d keep. The others? I agree, 100% (throw in Cox, as well).

Greenwood managed to keep Kelly to 28 possessions, 7 clearances, and a goal. I'm not thinking his place in the senior team is all that secure.

I'd happily see Cox back in the senior side for Cameron.

How many 100 game+ players do you think a team needs playing week after week to be contending? IIRC Mick Malthouse once said the number was around 12.

2023 is probably a bit optimistic if anything.

That's a pretty common number, Richmond in 2020 & 2019, WCE in 2018 all had 12 on GF day. Richmond 11 in 2017. Outliers are the Doggies who only had 6 in '16, and Hawks who had 19 in 2015. But I also think it can be a bit misleading. Would we have been better off with the Sack in 2018 or Moore?

Sorry, I didn't realise this was a fantasy footy thread and we didn't need to maintain any semblance of reality in our posts. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Petracca and Rowell.... that's a good one.
Darcy Moore could tug on the old school tie to get Rowell across, hell I'll see if I still have an old Carey tie lying around and have a tug too. Wouldn't mind Noah Anderson also if it works, happy tugging with both hands.

Nixon, Davidson, Richards, King and C Cloke all debuted by round 6

Yagmoor Seedsman Paine and Ugle all before round 6

2004 - yep, fair point. Similar situation to what we have now - back then we came off an aging list who played in two Grand Finals and needed to rebuild.

2012 - isn’t a great example. We had a new senior coach who, to be fair, didn’t really know what he was doing back then. Peter Yagmoor debuted round 1, barely got a touch, then never played again. I doubt an experienced senior coach would have played things that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back