Rumour Just saw Tom Harley, McVeigh having a coffee with Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a lot of sense.

Kennedy at the end.
Buddy at the end.
Cripps probably tired of the footy goldfish bowl.
Crippa’s probably more tired of the perpetual rebuild. Probably wants to come to a club that has a great culture, no internal struggles, a stable coaching department, doesn’t resort to the false dawn of losing to gain advantage and lastly probably loves the idea of playing at a stadium that has character and is not just a concrete bowl. Feel sorry for crippa but suppose there’s light at the end of the tunnel in moving to Sydney.

Doesn't he want to move back to WA for more support for his partner who has some mental health challenges?

Would be surprised if he comes to the Swans
Sydney's done wonders for Buddy's mental health challenges, he's back out and playing now

Doesn't he want to move back to WA for more support for his partner who has some mental health challenges?

Would be surprised if he comes to the Swans
His partner wouldn’t need as much support if Carlton supporters stopped abusing her on social media.

I haven't seen any of that, BigFooty is the closest I come to social media, but that's ****ing embarrassing if it's been happening.
I have, my partner and I follow her mental health page as we both suffer from anxiety and she has shared things like this. It’s cringe. They have a crack at her on her mental health page!

lol. yeah, nah, its just a people thing.
Yeah, just people being s**t. His missus is really supportive far as I can tell. Seems like a good sort, she handles it well especially considering she suffers from mental illness herself. He seems equally supportive of her. If I were him, I’d go back to Perth, he’d thrive there. For selfish reasons however, I hope he remains a bagger and gets his body right.

Straight swap. Parker for Cripps
It’s a fair offer as he can walk to Sydney with a buddy type deal so Carlton should be happy to get anything in return but the issue is Parker even though he was looked at by Sydney he ended up being drafted to Richmond. But I see where your coming from. It’s better to get something than nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a fair offer as he can walk to Sydney with a buddy type deal so Carlton should be happy to get anything in return but the issue is Parker even though he was looked at by Sydney he ended up being drafted to Richmond. But I see where your coming from. It’s better to get something than nothing.
Very droll.

Close sauce suggests they were meeting as Cripps is worried about hair loss and also wants some advice on how to be more dislikeable - and figured he couldnt find a better mentor than Harley. McVeigh came along for moral and baldness support- and to provide some tips on how to use facial hair to your advantage when you're bald.

Close sauce suggests they were meeting as Cripps is worried about hair loss and also wants some advice on how to be more dislikeable - and figured he couldnt find a better mentor than Harley. McVeigh came along for moral and baldness support- and to provide some tips on how to use facial hair to your advantage when you're bald.

Factually incorrect, CarLOLton have Juddy as their in house consultant on being a bald campaigner.

it’s a bit interesting that no one has come out to deny these rumours.

still, that’s the modern game, I guess.
There's the notion that denying rumours gives life to them, whereas ignoring them hopefully makes them go away. If I was Carlton, I'd be pushing for him to sign on and quietly getting nervous - that said, any Cripps deal with Carlton may have been waiting for the McKay deal to be completed.

I've always admired Sydney's approach to recruitment, they're generally covert and love a distraction to blow people off the scent

There's the notion that denying rumours gives life to them, whereas ignoring them hopefully makes them go away. If I was Carlton, I'd be pushing for him to sign on and quietly getting nervous - that said, any Cripps deal with Carlton may have been waiting for the McKay deal to be completed.

I've always admired Sydney's approach to recruitment, they're generally covert and love a distraction to blow people off the scent

Or did they up the McKay offer because they were told Cripps is not going to sign?

That's been the Aus governments approach for a few years and it's working. Ignore the rumours until people get occupied with something else or your forced to give attention to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back