Just The Ashes

Who wins the 2021/2022 Ashes Series?

• Australia without W.A. interference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And just as we've won 1 in a row, it's time for the Big Bash!!!!
Gotta love CA's scheduling. Gives our first class cricketers every chance to get to international standards. :(

Gotta love CA's scheduling. Gives our first class cricketers every chance to get to international standards. :(
It's a joke. I'm not saying we should get rid of the Big Bash, but pleeeeeeeeease make it shorter. 14 games per team is ridiculous - cut it in half, and devote more time to giving Shield batsmen an opportunity to stake their claim for upcoming overseas tours.

It's a joke. I'm not saying we should get rid of the Big Bash, but pleeeeeeeeease make it shorter. 14 games per team is ridiculous - cut it in half, and devote more time to giving Shield batsmen an opportunity to stake their claim for upcoming overseas tours.
Cash is king.

BBL makes money, shield costs money. The rest becomes irrelevant unfortunately.

Cash is king.

BBL makes money, shield costs money. The rest becomes irrelevant unfortunately.
This argument went on all through the 80s, though then it was one day cricket that was the issue.

"The rest" became very relevant when Australia failed to win a test series from 1984 to 1987.

This argument went on all through the 80s, though then it was one day cricket that was the issue.

"The rest" became very relevant when Australia failed to win a test series from 1984 to 1987.
that'll probably what it would take for them to give Shield cricket the focus it deserves.

I still think they could make Shield financially viable if they marketed it properly.

When I was a kid, the shield had a lot more mainstream focus than it does now.

Hey philreich I see that the Redbacks are doing what they do best. After a vaguely promising start to the season we were dismissed for under 200 by WA, they have a 4 run lead and at last look we were 2/8 in reply.

Comforting incompetence.

Hey philreich I see that the Redbacks are doing what they do best. After a vaguely promising start to the season we were dismissed for under 200 by WA, they have a 4 run lead and at last look we were 2/8 in reply.

Comforting incompetence.
I'm confident in predicting that world peace will be declared before the Redbacks win another Shield.

I'm confident in predicting that world peace will be declared before the Redbacks win another Shield.
Yep. Sad but true. Good to see that after all the hard work Mike Hussey put into his review about 100% hasn't been implemented.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

into another world cup final.
This generation of Australian players don't get enough credit.
They have been very good for 5 or 6 years now.

The Langer sacking marked the turnaround

Hey philreich! SA were 1/1, 2/2, 3/9 and all out 173. In reply VIC was 0/71 at stumps today.

Great to know that things don't change for our Shield team.
They were 3 for 9 off 20 overs!!! World peace will be declared before the Redbacks win their next Sheffield Shield.

Back