Autopsy JUST WHEN YOU GIVE UP, THEY REEL YOU RIGHT BACK IN (Freo by 15)

Remove this Banner Ad

On the couch clipped Gaff saying most of his possessions are cheap in the back half and not attributing to anything constructive. Crabbing sideways or backwards
Great! About time someone called him out. Very overrated player who rarely hurts you

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congrats on the derby win, dockers fans! You guys played extremely well! I think that Caleb Serong will become a Brownlow Medallist in 3-4 years. This is my derby review and round 23 tips. I hope you enjoy!

You showed so much humility until you mentioned Gaff. If Gaff didn't want to get boo'd everytime he played Freo then he shouldn't have caved in one of our kids faces, simples :thumbsu:

Hands down the greatest Autopsy Thread Title of all time - and a pretty good Derby to boot.

Positives not already mentioned (or emphasised enough):

- The theory that if our bottom 6 are in-form we win comes true again. Colyer, Crowden, Banfield, Switowski, Walker and Tucker all played extremely well. I wrote Crowden off before this game but he can actually football, Banfield was brilliant on the wing, Tucker was greatly improved and Switta was such a refreshing and unique addition to the midfield. Massive kudos to JL for changing things up and putting Switta in the middle, he's got this incredible quick-step movement I haven't seen in years - that Colyer goal he setup in the third quarter was scintillating to watch. Some of these guys would be sweating on their futures and I think they're worthy of extensions.
- Walker deserves a special mention and I'm getting Luke Ryan kinda vibes, as in a later pick with little expectations in his first year breaking onto the scene to make an immediate impact. I can't wait for the day we see this lad streaming from half-back kicking it onto Michael Frederick all the way to the goal sticks.
- Serong is a future brownlow medalist, but so is Brayshaw and Cerra and I hope to god the latter sticks around after that.
- 50k+ !!! Can someone tell me how many Eagles fans were there because I haven't been to a home game that's cracked 30k this year. Considering we were not given a realistic chance to win with finals a remote possibility this is an exceptional turnout. If we could get bigger crowds we will eventually be able to handle the heat of big MCG crowds.
- Accuracy and inside-50s, it truly is a mindset and when we're on we can be accurate.

Negatives:

- Turning the heat down after the 1st quarter nearly cost us the game, why would we slow it down and play the Eagles type of game? They've been shown up this year with their slow game plan and seeing our lads slowing it down intentionally was baffling. Luckily we upped the intensity in the 4th.
- Hughes and Duman: Are there cards stamped? I actually like both and Duman was dropped after one of his best games earlier this year, they're handy depth and I hope they go around next year. Also the fans ripping into Wilson and Acres on the gameday board have short memories, they have flaws in their playing style but I reckon overall they've played more good games than bad.

Hands down the greatest Autopsy Thread Title of all time - and a pretty good Derby to boot.

- The theory that if our bottom 6 are in-form we win comes true again. Colyer, Crowden, Banfield, Switowski, Walker and Tucker all played extremely well. I wrote Crowden off before this game but he can actually football, Banfield was brilliant on the wing, Tucker was greatly improved and Switta was such a refreshing and unique addition to the midfield. Massive kudos to JL for changing things up and putting Switta in the middle, he's got this incredible quick-step movement I haven't seen in years - that Colyer goal he setup in the third quarter was scintillating to watch. Some of these guys would be sweating on their futures and I think they're worthy of extensions.
- Walker deserves a special mention and I'm getting Luke Ryan kinda vibes, as in a later pick with little expectations in his first year breaking onto the scene to make an immediate impact. I can't wait for the day we see this lad streaming from half-back kicking it onto Michael Frederick all the way to the goal sticks.
- Serong is a future brownlow medalist, but so is Brayshaw and Cerra and I hope to god the latter sticks around after that.
- 50k+ !!! Can someone tell me how many Eagles fans were there because I haven't been to a home game that's cracked 30k this year. Considering we were not given a realistic chance to win with finals a remote possibility this is an exceptional turnout. If we could get bigger crowds we will eventually be able to handle the heat of big MCG crowds.
- Accuracy and inside-50s, it truly is a mindset and when we're on we can be accurate.

Negatives:

- Turning the heat down after the 1st quarter nearly cost us the game, why would we slow it down and play the Eagles type of game? They've been shown up this year with their slow game plan and seeing our lads slowing it down intentionally was baffling. Luckily we upped the intensity in the 4th.
- Hughes and Duman: Are there cards stamped? I actually like both and Duman was dropped after one of his best games earlier this year, they're handy depth and I hope they go around next year. Also the fans ripping into Wilson and Acres on the gameday board have short memories, they have flaws in their playing style but I reckon overall they've played more good games than bad.
At a guess I would so somewhere between 30000 - 35000 us 15000-20000 them. I think Duman will be delisted but Hughes has a couple of years to go so maybe considered depth rather than best 22.

Negatives:

I’ll die on this hill, a couple of Wilsons acts the last few games he played were the worst efforts I’ve ever seen on a footy field

At a guess I would so somewhere between 30000 - 35000 us 15000-20000 them. I think Duman will be delisted but Hughes has a couple of years to go so maybe considered depth rather than best 22.

There was 51k so I reckon probably 35/16 or so. We would have had slightly more than 2x as many Eagles supporters.

Turning the heat down after the 1st quarter nearly cost us the game, why would we slow it down and play the Eagles type of game? They've been shown up this year with their slow game plan and seeing our lads slowing it down intentionally was baffling. Luckily we upped the intensity in the 4th.

Yeah the one thing we really need to improve on is our killer instinct and once on top bury teams.

There were similar issues from the ross days as well i suppose we would be comfortable in our peak with a 6-7 goal win when a 12-13 goal win was there for the taking. This year similar the GWS game was a 5 goal win but we belted them it should have been 15 goal win.

If we kicked another 2 goals in that 2nd quarter yesterday and been in front by 50 points. I seriously think we could have won 70-80 points as WC would have thrown in the towel like they have all year when it gets too hard.

Thats the next step for this team is learning how to kill off a team before giving them a chance to claw back

Congrats on the derby win, dockers fans! You guys played extremely well! I think that Caleb Serong will become a Brownlow Medallist in 3-4 years. This is my derby review and round 23 tips. I hope you enjoy!

Hey nice work. I reckon Simpson's reaction is partly to do with the realisation that you guys have mortgaged your future for Kelly and it just isn't working out as expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still done see it with Crowden. Did very little until the last. Don’t see him as best 22.

tuckers a bit the same but gets more involved. Not a great tackler and slips over a lot too. Prepared to give him a pass coming off his injury.. but you’d wanna see more quickly

Crowden is a lot stronger this year. Seems to be breaking out of tackles and getting out the handball at lot more than I remember from last year.

You’re getting probably a bit young to remember but Barry Hall knocked out Brent Staker, and the Eagles fans booed him until he retired. Not to mention the Eagles fans booing Adam Goodes which is despicable, but it wasn’t just the Eagles.

Anyone got that footage of Crowden chasing Mundy around for a hug? Very sweet and you can see how much those youngsters idolise him.

I also reckon Aish is criminally underrated on this board, so important across all four quarters. I'd go as far in saying he's been our most reliable trade for nearly a decade unless you count Hamlings first few years with the club.

Anyone got that footage of Crowden chasing Mundy around for a hug? Very sweet and you can see how much those youngsters idolise him.

I also reckon Aish is criminally underrated on this board, so important across all four quarters. I'd go as far in saying he's been our most reliable trade for nearly a decade unless you count Hamlings first few years with the club.
Yeah that was super wholesome. Also the way he spoke after the game. Very sweet.

Can see who’s depth and who’s staying.
Hughes isn’t necessarily not B22 but more that he’s been out for so long. He ll be okay. One that is really interesting is Watson. He can read the play and is fast. Yesterday felt like he had a fair honest game. No really poor plays. He was pivotal in setting up the play that concluded in Tracy’s goal. He was also really serviceable vs Richmond too.
Duman is definitely done unfortunately. Big question mark on Wilson. Is he undergoing something off the field, personally? Feel like he’s mentally on and off at times this season

He does his role and plays for the team. What more could you ask for? He’s been under the radar.

Keep up the good work champ, looks like you really love your footy.

03e0e23589755913e83b91d49985e123-webp.1208209

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 15.39.48.png
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 15.39.35.png
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 15.39.27.png

Knowing this campaigner will never get near a flag.

Attachments

• 03e0e23589755913e83b91d49985e123.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 396
Hey guys and girls …. Great win …well done to David Mundy … he has broken my heart a couple of times but what a champion player and man he is … one of the Dockers finest 👍🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Back