Autopsy JUST WHEN YOU GIVE UP, THEY REEL YOU RIGHT BACK IN (Freo by 15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the win I have a minor grizzle🤪

By a few of the players comments the major catalyst for such a dominant game - particularly first qtr, was the speech given by Pav re the importance, history, Mundy's milestone and Hillys retirement..

So, given that and our depleted team, same core playing group, usual suspects especially Tucker, Crowden, Banfield etc, all it took was a inspirational speech from the great one? The players had it in them all this time? A mental switch went off? They've been playing poorly/differently all this time because they haven't received there pregame speeches or effectively inspired??

What do other people think?

Just on the win I have a minor grizzle🤪

By a few of the players comments the major catalyst for such a dominant game - particularly first qtr, was the speech given by Pav re the importance, history, Mundy's milestone and Hillys retirement..

So, given that and our depleted team, same core playing group, usual suspects especially Tucker, Crowden, Banfield etc, all it took was a inspirational speech from the great one? The players had it in them all this time? A mental switch went off? They've been playing poorly/differently all this time because they haven't received there pregame speeches or effectively inspired??

What do other people think?
That it's bullshit of course.

The West Coast Eagles run of the last nearly six years prior to our win last weekend has averaged 7.3 premiership points per year at 170%.

2016 - Not a big impact, they were 12 points clear of 8th
2017 - West Coast made the top 8 by 0.5% - this was absolutely impacted
2018 - WCE finished 2nd, one win and 1% clear of Collingwood in 3rd. Do the Eagles make it through Richmond if they lose the first final? Do the Eagles make it through Richmond if they don't come up against Collingwood in the Prelim?
2019 - WCE finished 5th by two wins, not a huge impact
2020 - WCE only played us once, no bonus.

If West Coast are going to have a period of time in the bottom four or six we need to make the most of that to give ourselves the slight advantage that comes with always playing them twice.

An explanation of the Mundy hand out to Liam Ryan from today's podcast;

😂

The essence of sport is to take you “outside your yourself“ and let you forget your troubles. Sometimes following Freo is very tough and seems to add to your woes not alleviate them. Very happy the win gave you a lift as it did us all. Remember mate one foot after another and you are not alone.👍
As Snuffaluphagus so rightly stated in his review thread title the week prior, this team most definitely giveth, and they undoubtedly take away.
However, because of the club's less than storied history, when they giveth, boy does it mean so very very much to us all!! I'm glad you could enjoy the match sans anxious anticipation (something I was without the luxury of haha). BettercallSaul is right when he states that you're not alone, and feel free to send me a PM if you just need to shoot the breeze. Take care brother.

Appreciate it fellas, thank you. I try to keep my personal life out of Big Footy. Just helped to illustrate a post and that the positivity that can sometimes arise out of something like AFL

Appreciate it fellas, thank you. I try to keep my personal life out of Big Footy. Just helped to illustrate a post and that the positivity that can sometimes arise out of something like AFL
You're welcome man. Yes, BigFooty is not the place to be discussing personal lives, but as I said, feel free to chat with me about anything else that would potentially take your mind off it =)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back