Prediction Just You Wait and See

Remove this Banner Ad

Some educated guesses, some more hopes than predictions, and some 100% guesses.

• We will get a relatively favourable draw with a few Saturday night blockbusters against Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, etc., with doubles against other lower teams, and hopefully another Hawthorn visit, after the AFL supposedly acknowledged that we had a very difficult one this year.

• Much stress when Schache hasn't signed an extension by about the bye round next season. Some will throw the baby out with the bathwater and declare the apocalypse and start fearing he is going to Collingwood. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if he left.

• Mathieson brought into the leadership group.

• One of Close or Freeman to really take the next step up.

• Keays to step up a notch as a small forward after Green's departure.

• Academy players we pick up this year (Allison, Rolls) will be disappointing.

• Hipwood turns out a better player than Schache.

• Beams and Rockliff spend a lot more time forward.

• Squizzy turns out to be a dud.

• Rich a permanent half-back flanker.

• Mostly competitive at the Gabba, a couple of decent upsets.

• Similar season to Carlton's this year in that we look good at first and then drop off.

Last edited:
to happen before the end of the year-

1) David Noble appointed head of football.
2) Chris Fagan appointed senior coach.
3) Scott Borlace and Danny Daly the only survivors as Noble and Fagan take an axe to the assistant coaching ranks.
4) AFL announce brisbane will receive a beginning of first round PP.
5) new airport precinct administration/training base officially announced with increased AFL funding and state and federal government funding.
Sounds like a wet dream.
Oops! Did i just say that out a loud!!!!!

Lions look to bring in a mature defender who's only just won a flag...and pick up Heath Shaw :p

The Lions will be making progress from their tricky barbed wire fence straddling situation by next season's end....don't worry about that.

Beams wins his 2nd Lions B&F while being limited to just 8 games.
Schache linked to Collingwood all year, says he's enjoying his time here, while contract negotiations drag out to September before eventually leaving for a pick 11.

Schache linked to Collingwood all year, says he's enjoying his time here, while contract negotiations drag out to September before eventually leaving for a pick 11.
Brisbane is then subject to the worst floods even witnessed due to the tears of heartbroken Lions fans....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

America will suffer a major terrorist attack in October this year, sweeping Trump to victory on fear of "everything foreign" (yes i know what xenophobia means". The world will then end January 2017 as he decides to bomb everybody, making this thread obsolete.

America will suffer a major terrorist attack in October this year, sweeping Trump to victory on fear of "everything foreign" (yes i know what xenophobia means". The world will then end January 2017 as he decides to bomb everybody, making this thread obsolete.
The sad thing is I'm not sure that is a speculative as we all hope!

The sad thing is I'm not sure that is a speculative as we all hope!
No the attack thing I feel in my bones and the really cynical part of me thinks he will somehow be behind it, knowing it will boost his popularity...and I am not even wearing my tin foil hat.

Fagan to coach the Lions. Lions to sack Fagan in 3 years time. Lions hire ex player as next coach. I smash my head against the wall because its less painful than being a Lions supporter.

Lions to be bottom two for the third consecutive year in 2017.

russhinze.png

Damn sure?

DELETE THIS NOW

Rocky has gender reassignment surgery in the off season and leads the Adelaide women's team to a flag while racking up 60 cheap possessions every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back