Movie Justice League: The Snyder Cut

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching this reminded me how wooden the characters in this movie are.

The only one who added a bit of personality into the film was Flash.

Was able to shorten the movie by fast forwarding through any Lois Lane scenes.

The good.

It's got a darker, grittier tone than most Marvel movies ie it's aimed at adults.
It looks fantastic whether it's the special effects, close ups or landscape shots.
There's a manageable number of main characters and there's a good balance of time spent with each of them.
Great soundtrack. I especially liked the tune when Wonder Woman is about to go into battle.
A few scenes could have been skipped like Lois Lane getting a visit from Martian Manhunter and most of the epilogue, but overall I didn't mind the long runtime. Having said that we watched it in 2 x 2 hour sittings with a few hours break in between.

The bad.

Cliched. Powerful evil alien is working for an even more powerful evil alien. MacGuffin plot to find and assemble the magic stones/boxes/elements to destroy/save the world. We need you to join the gang - no way, no way, ok then.
I don't think the 4:3 added anything to film.
Bringing characters back from the dead lessens the emotional impact when any character dies. Why be sad when they will probably be back next movie?
Flash was annoying.
They never came back to the Lois Lane possible pregnancy.

The good.

It's got a darker, grittier tone than most Marvel movies ie it's aimed at adults.
It looks fantastic whether it's the special effects, close ups or landscape shots.
There's a manageable number of main characters and there's a good balance of time spent with each of them.
Great soundtrack. I especially liked the tune when Wonder Woman is about to go into battle.
A few scenes could have been skipped like Lois Lane getting a visit from Martian Manhunter and most of the epilogue, but overall I didn't mind the long runtime. Having said that we watched it in 2 x 2 hour sittings with a few hours break in between.

The bad.

Cliched. Powerful evil alien is working for an even more powerful evil alien. MacGuffin plot to find and assemble the magic stones/boxes/elements to destroy/save the world. We need you to join the gang - no way, no way, ok then.
I don't think the 4:3 added anything to film.
Bringing characters back from the dead lessens the emotional impact when any character dies. Why be sad when they will probably be back next movie?
Flash was annoying.
They never came back to the Lois Lane possible pregnancy.

had not heard of him/that before. had to google. now i do! gonna weave that in future posts.

WW score when she's about to * s**t up. absoltuely agree!

So CEO of warner media said thats it there will be no continuation of this story

Also apparently Snyder wanted Lois to be pregnant with Bruce's chiild. Well thankfully he came to his senses on that one. Though that could have been revealed in the sequel if he.got one

Podcast I listened to said that;

Lois had Superman's kid, but he didn't have the superhuman abilities that Superman did, so he became the new Batman

Lois had Superman's kid, but he didn't have the superhuman abilities that Superman did, so he became the new Batman
phew. would've been a ghastly childbirth had it not

Watched it last night.

Better than the OG cut at least.
Still so many " Why is he/she doing that ? " moments though.

Final battle was a lot more enjoyable this time around, i couldn't wait for the original to end.
Special shoutout to the London bank security guard who watched 10 blokes jump out of 2 vans armed to the teeth but waited a good 10 seconds to lift his rifle :thumbsu:

Watched it last night.

Better than the OG cut at least.
Still so many " Why is he/she doing that ? " moments though.

Final battle was a lot more enjoyable this time around, i couldn't wait for the original to end.
Special shoutout to the London bank security guard who watched 10 blokes jump out of 2 vans armed to the teeth but waited a good 10 seconds to lift his rifle :thumbsu:

This guy?

96a054c518571eb2a87e1f6c9bd480c4_crop_north.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes that’s what Snyder has said as well, their son (named Bruce Kent) then takes over the mantle of Batman 20 years later. Interesting take, not a huge fan of that personally. But much much better than the idea of Bruce and Lois getting together.

Ray Fisher (Cyborg) about his problems with Whedon. I really couldn't see anything he describes in this article as racist, he just sounds like he was upset because Whedon changed the part and wouldn't listen to his notes. Sounds like an actor who thinks the world revolves around him. I say this basing it off this article, if any new information comes out it may make this opinion null and void.

I’m not fully across the details however you only have to listen to comments made by the likes of Momoa, Gadot and of course the cast of Buffy recently to get some context.

Whedon seems to be a common denominator. Gadot mentioned a few months back she refused to film that scene where Flash lands on her chest awkwardly, on the grounds it sexualises the character. Whedon did it in Age Of Ultron too with Banner on Black Widow. But he went ahead and filmed it anyway with a body double, that’s why she’s not facing the camera in the theatrical release.

I think the best you can say about this film is it's much more coherent than the cinematic release. It's still not a very good film; far too po-faced, long-winded, just silly at times. A few things I liked, such as Flash's role in the finale, but just not that good. There wasn't a good film buried in there that could be saved by Whedon or anyone else.

I've watched it three times now, probably won't watch it again (unlike a 3-3.5 hour grand final re-watch, there's no real pay off of watching a 4 hour movie multiple times :p).

I actually prefer the first half of the movie to the second half. Parts you wouldn't think would slow the movie.......... slowed the movie, and the moments you wish there were more of....... there were NOT enough of imo. I'm still glad it was made as the 'tone' is now no longer out of place compared to the Whedon cut. I only wish they had the balls to push ahead with this instead of getting Whedon involved.

Would love a continuation (obviously won't happen in live action movie form), the overall plan was crazy and not so WB/DC friendly.... but it would have been the closet thing to Injustice outside of the Injustice video games :p

I've watched it three times now, probably won't watch it again (unlike a 3-3.5 hour grand final re-watch, there's no real pay off of watching a 4 hour movie multiple times :p).

I actually prefer the first half of the movie to the second half. Parts you wouldn't think would slow the movie.......... slowed the movie, and the moments you wish there were more of....... there were NOT enough of imo. I'm still glad it was made as the 'tone' is now no longer out of place compared to the Whedon cut. I only wish they had the balls to push ahead with this instead of getting Whedon involved.

Would love a continuation (obviously won't happen in live action movie form), the overall plan was crazy and not so WB/DC friendly.... but it would have been the closet thing to Injustice outside of the Injustice video games :p

Twice was enough for me (in its entirety). Plenty of decent scenes to revisit though on YouTube etc or to skip through in the film itself. Could easily cut 50-60 minutes from it and the overall result would be very similar (do we really need 4 minutes of Icelandic people singing for Aquaman?) :D

The fact that there’s likely no conclusion to this is disappointing, however is the result of many factors that have been well established by now. It is a shame though. The last hour was great for me, Junkie XL’s score when Flash was reversing time was brilliant, and I can’t go past the boom tube stare off with the League and Darskeid/DeSaad/Granny Goodness. Magnificent stuff.

The fact that there’s likely no conclusion to this is disappointing, however is the result of many factors that have been well established by now. It is a shame though. boom tube stare off with the League and Darskeid/DeSaad/Granny Goodness. Magnificent stuff.

Yes the stare off(and potential of where things were heading) is why its disappointing there won't be a proper conclusion to the overall story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back