FTA-TV Justified

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
The new FX drama staring Timothy Olyphant as a U.S. Marshal set in Kentuckey. the show made merember how much i miss Deadwood. and that FX is still up there with Showtime and HBO, as i love Sons of Anarchy.

The first episode satrded off with the same tone as Deadwood in the modern day. and i loved the whole episode and cant wait for the rest to air.

Modern day Deadwood pretty apt description (less **** suckers though, and no Wu pigs)... so far so good.

Olyphant is perfectly cast.

Set FX rating records too for its first episode.

Awesome episode. SHANE VENDRELL IS BACK!!!

I love how white supremacists are being shown in a tv series because they're a large criminal organization that's never been explored in that medium. We've had mafia, blacks, latinos etc. so it's a refreshing change with lots of potential.

Some of the best dialogue on tv which probably comes from the Elmore Leonard influence.

I love how white supremacists are being shown in a tv series because they're a large criminal organization that's never been explored in that medium. We've had mafia, blacks, latinos etc. so it's a refreshing change with lots of potential.

:confused:

Sons of Anarchy had a whole season's storyline centered around white supremacy organized crime.

But there's too many male models playing bikies on that show for me to take it seriously.

You must have low standards for men, other than Jax they are a fairly rough looking bunch.

I should mention Justified. Pretty decent start, liked the Shane apperance. A little confused about where they intend to take the show though.

A little confused about where they intend to take the show though.

That's a good thing. All great shows are like that with a lot of depth and unpredictability. You don't want it to be Law & Order or CSI.

LOL, from somebody who worships The Shield that is a ridiculous statement.

LOL, you do know that the guy who created Sons Of Anarchy used to write for The Shield? I tried getting into it because of him and Ron Perlman but I just found it hard when Charlie Hunnam looks like he's stepped out of a calvin klein photoshoot and I don't think bikies have that much romance in their lives. That's just how I feel about it.

Set FX rating records too for its first episode.

Second highest FX debut after The Shield ;)

Forgot to mention the music was really good on Justified. I'm a big fan of Justin Townes Earle and hopefully we hear a bit more of his stuff. If they use Old Crow Medicine Show then Justified will officially be the greatest series of all time.

That's a good thing. All great shows are like that with a lot of depth and unpredictability. You don't want it to be Law & Order or CSI.

Yeah I hate those shows with no ongoing story.

Olyphant I mean the show is supposed to be a modern Deadwood so is he going to be a cop in that small town and thats it? I guess it was just a pilot and that Miami stuff must have a greater influence on the plot.

Yeah I think the Miami stuff might come back towards the end of the series. There's a lot of possibilites just hinted at in the first episode.

- Obviously the Miami connection.
- Boyd's affiliated with white supremacists all over the country.
- Boyd is working for a bigger criminal organization who paid him to blow up their competition (the church).
- What happened to Raylan's father? We get the feeling he was either a deadbeat dad or did something unforgivable. Maybe he was connected to a criminal organization?
- Raylan's ex-wife and her new husband.

How is it a spoiler thread? All the stuff I mentioned above was in the first episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it took more than a day for episode 2 to surface watched it this afternoon, i thought it was a good episode, not as good as the pilot but still better than most s**t on tv. yet again looks nice in 720p. and the open credits kinda reminds me of the true blood credits. found it funny when he got held up at the bottel shop. and when he re broke the dudes nose.

it took more than a day for episode 2 to surface watched it this afternoon, i thought it was a good episode, not as good as the pilot but still better than most s**t on tv. yet again looks nice in 720p. and the open credits kinda reminds me of the true blood credits. found it funny when he got held up at the bottel shop. and when he re broke the dudes nose.

Agreed. Didn't have the action of the first episode but you can't have shoot outs every week. The humour was really good.

But there's too many male models playing bikies on that show for me to take it seriously.

Jax is the only one that could be a model look at Kurt Sutter, Ron Pearlman, and all the others i dont think it was SOA if you saw models

Been really solid the last few episodes but went up a gear with episode 7!

Raylan realizes the Miami cartel are out to get him now. I loved the scene where Boyd clued Raylan into who the shooter was targetting. And the final scene with Boyd in the prison was awesome. Can't wait for episode 8. I don't think Boyd's born again Christian thing is an act but he genuinely believes he's a changed man. However, something will set him off (probably Ava) and Boyd seems like a ticking bomb waiting to explode back to the way he was.

Finished the first season last night and really enjoyed it.

Similar lack of realism of The Shield, but for some reason I connected with these characters more. Dialog is really good, humor thrown in works well, and Olyphant is brilliant as the lead. Really holds the show together.

Walter Goggins was great with what he was given to work with, hopefully he plays a bigger part in the next season.

Wonder where they go next season given
everyone is basically dead

Goggins has been promoted to a regular cast member for season 2 and is no longer a guest star.

Loved the ending of season one. I really wasn't sure what was going to happen with Boyd and whether he had legitimately changed his ways but the ending was good. Leaves lots of possibilities with the Miami crew as well.

Finished the first season last night and really enjoyed it.

Similar lack of realism of The Shield, but for some reason I connected with these characters more. Dialog is really good, humor thrown in works well, and Olyphant is brilliant as the lead. Really holds the show together.

Walter Goggins was great with what he was given to work with, hopefully he plays a bigger part in the next season.

Fully agree with everything including having a similar reaction to The Shield. Funnily enough Shane was perhaps my favourite character on The Shield and Justified just reaffirms why in Coggins teriffically charismatic performance. Difference is Justified has a far more sympathetic protagonist in Olyphant. Although I should add Justified is a completely different show to The Shield.

Decided to watch through the first season a couple of weeks ago and finished a few nights back. Very good season and great start to what has the potential to be something really good.

I love the way it's formatted. You have the regular 'here one ep, gone the next' cases but also still have this story running through the background as well and they even continue to give nods to the sometimes one off cases. Eps like the one with the 'dentist' and the one with the 'hidden money' give great depth to the characters and insight to Raylan's past without having to go into any cliche flashback scenes.

On top of all of that there's a good humour to the show and it's never really on the fully serious scale (which I was worried it would be and one reason I am still yet to watch Deadwood despite having all 3 seasons on my HDD, anyone offer insight into how serious Deadwood is? Is it something that you can really watch a lot of like Justified?).

Raylan is a terrific character too, he has a real confidence and yet there's still the emotion of a broken childhood and terrible relationship with his dad in there as well.

Can't wait for Season 2.

l might have to get my mits on this show.l like both the shield and SOA so this is down my ally.seeing it only had a season l might bump this in front of rescue me (just done season one so heaps to go).

it was renewed for a 2nd season the day after it started. had the best ratings FX ever had

Remove this Banner Ad

Back