FTA-TV Justified

Remove this Banner Ad

lmao @ every scene with choo choo

'im not following you'

Lost it when raylan chucked the keys at him

Last edited:

Tim revealing to him and the other guy that he was also a Marshal was pretty great too.

Who is the bearded guy and what else has he been in?
Garrett Dillahunt and he has had some pretty bangin' roles. No Country for Old Men, Deadwood etc.

And he slots in to this show ever so neatly.

Thought that was a fairly pedestrian episode until Loretta made an appearance. Great scene at her kitchen table with Raylan and and Sam Elliot (forget the character's name, Morecomb?). Awesome call back to season 2 with Loretta and the 'apple pie'. "You've done your homework", lol. Really wish Mags Bennett was around for more than 1 season, amazing character.

But best line was obviously Tim's "just kidding, I wanna get choked out by Sigourney Weaver's thighs"

This season has been terrific so far, especially with the introduction of some rich characters. I never realised how much I wanted this show to revolve around the concept of Sam Elliot owning potential weed farms either,

Good lead actor and character but man has the show hit a brick wall, this latest series (thankfully the last) is like a dog chasing it's own tail, just going round in circles waiting for something to happen.

May contain spoilers ...........................................

Been two memorable moments to date, Raylan's confrontation with Avery Markham and the annoying Dewey Crowe getting his brains blown out.
Only really holding out to see the big mouth Boyd Crowder go the same way as Dewey, gonna be royally pissed if it doesn't happen.

What was last weeks episode all about, had more padding then a grid iron player, Ava helping Katherine Hale steal the bracelet, the explosives guy getting blown up, totally irrelevant BS.

Also the "torture" scene in the latest episode was farcical, the guy looked in as much pain as you'd experience from wearing a badly fitting pair of shoes.

Pity they've taken a very good character and turned him into a virtual nonentity in his own show, for crying out loud Raylan stop talking tough and just shoot somebody would ya.

Will this season end with Raylan and Boyd having a standoff in an underground coal mine I wonder?

Also "I amtraked him". Choo Choo!

That's what I thought unless they pull a shifty the show will 100% end in a Raylan Boyd shootout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely it can end no other way than Raylan moving down to Florida for happy families. Just doesn't strike me as the kinda show that would have such a down ending, overall tone is too light hearted or something

Unless something happens to the family then there was no point even having them in this season add to that they made a point of showing Raylan with the kid when Markham was in the office that has to be either a huge red herring or as breaking bad taught me Chekhov's gun

They better not have raylan get beat by the redneck bloke who has been in the show for 10 minutes

They won't. But I love the depth of charismatic villainous rednecks this show can pull off its bench at any moment and how they're dealt with. I think that's what I will miss the most about Justified.

Last season had that Crowe relative who kept going on about the '25-step' rule and then when he got to try it with Raylan, the idiot tripped, fell and stabbed himself in the jaw. This season also had "Choo-Choo" try and suicide-by-train and also fail miserably. Every five episodes they dispatch some someone and pull a new redneck off the bench to fill the quota, it's amazing.

I know a lot of people think this season is destined to end with Raylan's death, but for some reason, I just don't think Raylan dying is an emotional punchline Justified can pull off. He is just such an insincere jackass, that if he dies, the only genuine reaction can be, "meh". He exists on a completely different plane to all of the other characters, he just sort of has to shrug and sidestep his way out of danger every time, he'll probably get shot, retire, movie back to Miami.

Boyd and Ava on the other hand, there's where the emotional weight lies, there are real consequences for their actions and the show is definitely leading to one - or both - of their deaths being integral to the end of the show. Ava killing Boyd makes complete sense and I am totally rooting for that outcome.

Also, Loretta ftw.

I thought this was a very interesting theory from a TV reviewer:

The 11th-hour introduction of, basically, a punk-kid gunfighter with delusions of grandeur (Boon — played by Jonathan Tucker of Kingdom, looking oddly like Rupert Pupkin) pointed to a classic Western dénouement out of The Gunfighter or crime-thriller cousins such as The Wire and Carlito’s Way, with the older, wiser outlaw resolving to put his guns down and move on, only to get plugged by a callow up-and-comer. Not for nothing, I suspect, did screenwriters Dave Andron, Leonard Chang, and Jenny DeArmitt name-check John Wayne (derisively characterized by Raylan as a “pretend cowboy”). Wayne’s final film was 1976’s The Shootist, about an old gunslinger who wants to go out peacefully but gets drawn into a fight with three killers, whom he dispatches, only to be shot in the back by a bartender. The main heavy inThe Shootist is played by Richard — drumroll, please — Boone. I ask again, as I do every week: Are they going to kill Raylan? Is this going to be one of those stories where every major character leaves the story with a shred of hope except for the hero bleeding out in the mud? I hope not; but if so, we can’t say we weren’t warned.

From http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/justified-recap-season-6-episode-9.html

But like you, I don't think they'll kill off Raylan. Killing off THE main character would feel to me to be a really cheap effort to make the show have more gravitas. Justified works best when it doesn't take itself too seriously and Raylan not surviving the finale would go totally against that whole vibe they've had since the start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back