FTA-TV Justified

Remove this Banner Ad

Randomly decided to watch Justified seeing it on Stan. Finished it today after about a month. Consistently strong, often excellent, always fun. Raylan was too good at everything, Boyd was too lucky and the bad guys often went out pretty easily, but all faults were covered by excellent writing, acting (and casting) and the general levels of entertainment. The best of it, especially seasons 2 and 3 where they got away from bad-guy-of-the-week formula, is as good as I've seen.

Brilliant ending too. The finale as a whole was a little too neat and rushed, but that tends to be the story with most. But that moment in the prison, perfect. Sentimental no doubt, but for a show that did a pretty solid effort of steering clear of that kind of thing, I think it can be allowed.

Randomly decided to watch Justified seeing it on Stan. Finished it today after about a month. Consistently strong, often excellent, always fun. Raylan was too good at everything, Boyd was too lucky and the bad guys often went out pretty easily, but all faults were covered by excellent writing, acting (and casting) and the general levels of entertainment. The best of it, especially seasons 2 and 3 where they got away from bad-guy-of-the-week formula, is as good as I've seen.

Brilliant ending too. The finale as a whole was a little too neat and rushed, but that tends to be the story with most. But that moment in the prison, perfect. Sentimental no doubt, but for a show that did a pretty solid effort of steering clear of that kind of thing, I think it can be allowed.

Yes, great show.

Really loved Mags Bennett played by Margo Martindale in season 2. Got an Emmy for that role.

Her sons, however, would have to be among the most dimwitted guys in the history of TV.

well yes, but that's part and parcel of bar fighting, isn't it?
Of course. But my point is, even when he was beat up in a bar fight, he went back and told the two blokes that the next time he would be sober and they acted all worried. Just too cool and too badass. Part of the charm though.

Yes, great show.

Really loved Mags Bennett played by Margo Martindale in season 2. Got an Emmy for that role.

Her sons, however, would have to be among the most dimwitted guys in the history of TV.
Yeah I think Martindale, who is generally the standout in whatever she does, is probably the highlight of the villains gallery. Sam Elliot on paper was just made for the show, but I think his character came off as a little forced.

It's been 4 years since a post in this thread, so I thought it about time that it should be revived.

I've binged 'Justified' over the past 6 months or so and pretty much agree with what most have said on here. It's probably 2-3 notches below the greatest shows, but is still very very good. Olyphant, Goggins, Martindale & even Joelle Carter knocked it out of the park.

I think a lot of Southern U.S series don't really translate here in Australia... Kinda like how Ava's accent probably stands out like a sore thumb even in California!

Definitely another reminder that less is more too; Can you imagine if each season had not only the procedural story of the week, but also 20+ episodes!?

This was one of my favourite shows of all time. Top 10 probably on my fave list (not best shows).

Timothy oliphant makes me want to be a better man. Maybe cooler man more than better. The dude just oozes cool. He was on conan O'Brien's podcast and was hilarious and more cool than his characters even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm another who puts it right up there on my "favourite ever" list but not "best ever". Which is interesting, because surely enjoyment is the number one criteria?

I've binged it twice since it ended and there really are only a few shows, mostly comedies, that I find as easy and enjoyable to watch as Justified.

A prime candidate for a re-watch for sure. I never saw all of it, but liked what I saw and continued watching. I really should see it properly from the beginning. It has more in common with The Shield than just Goggins; good characters and good writers.

A prime candidate for a re-watch for sure. I never saw all of it, but liked what I saw and continued watching. I really should see it properly from the beginning. It has more in common with The Shield than just Goggins; good characters and good writers.
If you started watching it after the first episode, you missed the greatest opening scene of all time. To be honest, it may not be but I can’t think of anything else right now.

Moments after typing that I thought of game of thrones. Justified top 2 😀

Episode 1 and 2 of City Primeval are on Disney Plus tonight.
Really interesting to see how much of the show was Raylan and how much was Boyd plus the rest of the entourage/supporting cast. Is he a strong enough character to carry the show, with us needing to learn a whole new supporting cast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back