Retired Justin Clarke (2011-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

One player from our darkest days who, more than any other, I wish could have been part of our current and future success.

Can’t agree more. Would be a perfect partner for Harris. Was one of the brightest up and coming Key Defenders at the time.

Ripping bloke that absolutely deserves the very best.

One player from our darkest days who, more than any other, I wish could have been part of our current and future success.
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve seen Justin at a few of our games over the years in both Brisbane and Melbourne as what looks to be your average supporter with mates without receiving preferential treatment and it is great to see him getting behind the lads still.

Congratulations to Justin for being awarded Qld's Rhodes Scholarship:

WOW! Outstanding news.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing, such an achievement for Justin. I work at a Uni and about 10 years ago was part of a small part of a team that worked on a successful Rhodes scholarship application for one of 'our' students. I was so struck by how incredible all of the applicants and awardees were (*) and looking back at myself in my 20's could hardly fathom that kind of achievement at that age. It's not just about academics but broader, quality community involvement and contribution and to be a successful applicant usually requires endorsement by community leaders who are pretty incredible themselves.

* Tony Abbott excluded

I assume Justin is the first Lions/Bears/Fitzroy player in the merged club history to be a Rhodes Scholar - fantastic news for a football career cut short by injury,

I assume Justin is the first Lions/Bears/Fitzroy player in the merged club history to be a Rhodes Scholar - fantastic news for a football career cut short by injury,

Only VFL/AFL player I know of apart from Mike Fitzpatrick. Any others?

It looks like Clarke's Rhodes Scholarship isn't exactly news, but I woke up today to see that there's an interview with him in the UQ Alumni magazine.

The link below contains an audio interview and the transcript.

Kim Renee
Brisbane Lions Supporters Group

·

Tonight’s valedictorian and a random participant in the ceremony. Here’s to Justin Clarke - Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering) with First Class Honours with a Bachelor of Science. Oh and a Rhodes Scholar.
🦁
🦁
🦁

144299885_10158639673810339_1827999085518210462_n.jpg 144299885_10158639673810339_1827999085518210462_n.jpg
Posted yesterday, so happy for Justin and he looks in good health - thank goodness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back