Delisted Justin Crow set to depart Dons

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Need to look for someone like a Quinn who will add a new level to our preparation. Quinn was a running background and our fitness under him really improved markedly, we need to find someone that will be able to take us to an elite level (legally this time please) and put us ahead of the average teams fitness.

Stuart Cormack?

Interestingly he doesn’t mention EFC in his bio. Salty and embarrassed?

0b7792adf9a5d4dc9ad9ff1bb417aeca.jpg

Crow sacked and Hurley suddenly fit and in the mix.

Crow going out in a blaze of glory or players instantly healed from psychosomatic Crow induced injuries. No middle ground.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Who knows whether Crow was good, bad or indifferent...impossible to tell from afar.

One thing I will say. with Crow gone, Woosher feeling the heat and Dodoro like to come under the microscope at some point....surely Campbell and Richardson will get some heat. If there is genuinely something wrong with the club then these two are more responsible than anyone.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Who knows whether Crow was good, bad or indifferent...impossible to tell from afar.

One thing I will say. with Crow gone, Woosher feeling the heat and Dodoro like to come under the microscope at some point....surely Campbell and Richardson will get some heat. If there is genuinely something wrong with the club then these two are more responsible than anyone.
Richardson has been making big plays since the moment he's walked through the doors.
Sacked Neeld last year. Rutten poached.
Crow out this year along with Harding and Corrigan, with Caracella poached.
Worsfold will be gone next year if there's anything short of a dramatic turnaround.

I can't see how he can be getting any heat for our current predicament in his very short tenure. Not yet anyway.

I'm sure he and the team did everything they could but this is a good change for all involved and needed to be the next point of call after running the review over the coaching assistants.
Get this done and then see what the current coach can do, and if nothing else we can say we tried everything.

I question what a new guy/gal can accomplish in one off season but it's a fascinating area of AFL that we never get any info on. I'm interested to see how we go.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Dan Richardson has only been there 18 months. Why would he come under the microscope? The focus should be on the people whose tenure's have coincided with our 15 year finals drought.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Richardson has been making big plays since the moment he's walked through the doors.
Sacked Neeld last year. Rutten poached.
Crow out this year along with Harding and Corrigan, with Caracella poached.
Worsfold will be gone next year if there's anything short of a dramatic turnaround.

I can't see how he can be getting any heat for our current predicament in his very short tenure. Not yet anyway.
Probably fair....the only caveat being that none of it has amounted to anything ....yet. Guess the test for him will be how he handles the coaching situation. He does deserve time as you say.

Was never a big fan of the Campbell appointment however.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Dan Richardson has only been there 18 months. Why would he come under the microscope? The focus should be on the people whose tenure's have coincided with our 15 year finals drought.
Well he is the current head of football...has to be looked at at some point. Accept its too soon to have a view of his work.

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably fair....the only caveat being that none of it has amounted to anything ....yet. Guess the test for him will be how he handles the coaching situation. He does deserve time as you say.

Was never a big fan of the Campbell appointment however.

What? The man that took up a role when the club was on its knees and was able to make a deal with the players that kept the club afloat??? The man that’s been key to signing WOOSH initially when no one wanted to touch us, the man that’s been integral to helping us become a destination club again???

The only mistake Xavier has made in my opinion was giving WOOSH an extension early last year.

As for Richo, the club isn’t performing and he’s going Bam Wam thank you mam. At the same time replacing the departed with key younger up and coming senior coaches in waiting that have a thirst for success??? He won’t be assessed for 3-4 years.

these departure messages are so bullshit.

whats the world turned into when you just cant sack a bloke for being s**t and call it as such.

always kissing everyone's dick.

hate it.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa

You’d think Richardson had a large part in bringing Rutten and Caracella to the club. That gives him some credits in the bank.

Campbell has done very well off the field. I don’t know what he’s done from a culture perspective but I believe it’s just about the biggest off field issue we have - which leads onto the field.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Whilst there is an element of luck when it comes to injuries, still can't be happy with our overall physical preparation the last couple of years.

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
What’s Peter Burge’s contract status?

David Buttifant with Sean wellman coached the banned players didn’t he?

Who’s heading up the hawks performance now after Andrew Russell went to Carlton?

Who else is available?

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Sustained success? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well we were a very successful club whilst he was there. I’m unsure what your point is and instead of telling me you instead give me eye rolls. You can answer the question without being a knob surely? If you don’t like people asking you to clarify your position then you’re going to have a hell of a time in here.

You’d think Richardson had a large part in bringing Rutten and Caracella to the club. That gives him some credits in the bank.

Campbell has done very well off the field. I don’t know what he’s done from a culture perspective but I believe it’s just about the biggest off field issue we have - which leads onto the field.

Campbell shouldn't be involved in game day, nor should be blamed for it when we play like ass.

his job is to turn a profit and grow the membership base. which hes doing.

he gets nothing but ticks from me

Back