Charlie Payne

Senior List
Sep 11, 2016
Safety Beach Country Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
I am not a knob. However I have a perfectly functioning knob!! ;)

Back on point, you seem to forget that:

- We haven't won a Flag since 2000.
- We haven't won a Final since 2004.
- Quinn was a d!ckhead who destroyed Gumby's career by making a Number 3, 18yo Draft pick run up sand dunes that created his back related hamstrings that ruined his career and also oversaw the absolute disaster of having 18 hamstrings in one season and just shrugging his puny shoulders when challenged at a AGM.
- His rein has occurred during the period of 2004-2019, ergo he is a factor in our sh!tful years in the wilderness.

Surely to God there is a competent Sports Medico/Fitness guru out there that can MINIMISE our pathetic history of injuries since 2004! How the hell do we get guys like Mosquito, 18yo's old doing hammies out for months, an old mans injury?

It is just bulltish.

OK?

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
What? The man that took up a role when the club was on its knees and was able to make a deal with the players that kept the club afloat??? The man that’s been key to signing WOOSH initially when no one wanted to touch us, the man that’s been integral to helping us become a destination club again???

The only mistake Xavier has made in my opinion was giving WOOSH an extension early last year.

As for Richo, the club isn’t performing and he’s going Bam Wam thank you mam. At the same time replacing the departed with key younger up and coming senior coaches in waiting that have a thirst for success??? He won’t be assessed for 3-4 years.
Have acknowledged it’s too early to look at Richardson

As for Campbell - if you believe something is wrong at the club then some of it has to be on him. Why does he get a free pass? I’m not calling for his head, I’m saying everyones performance needs to be looked at, including his.

You detail some achievements, where have they got us? Right now, absolutely nowhere as regards what is the only KPI that matters at a footy club....onfield success.

Personally, I always thought he was very young and very inexperienced for the CEO role. But I’m looking from afar as we all are...none of us can claim to have the answers. I just want all the right questions asked.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Campbell shouldn't be involved in game day, nor should be blamed for it when we play like ass.

his job is to turn a profit and grow the membership base. which hes doing.

he gets nothing but ticks from me

Surely his job is to win premierships....everything else is just a subset of that goal.

Probably fair....the only caveat being that none of it has amounted to anything ....yet. Guess the test for him will be how he handles the coaching situation. He does deserve time as you say.

Was never a big fan of the Campbell appointment however.

campbell took us out of debt as is turning profit.

has also increased membership to record levels each year last 3-4 years

has done a stellar job.

Surely his job is to win premierships....everything else is just a subset of that goal.

no

the CEOs job is to run the company side of the business.

the Coachs job is to win premierships.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I am not a knob. However I have a perfectly functioning knob!! ;)

Back on point, you seem to forget that:

- We haven't won a Flag since 2000.
- We haven't won a Final since 2004.
- Quinn was a d!ckhead who destroyed Gumby's career by making a Number 3, 18yo Draft pick run up sand dunes that created his back related hamstrings that ruined his career and also oversaw the absolute disaster of having 18 hamstrings in one season and just shrugging his puny shoulders when challenged at a AGM.
- His rein has occurred during the period of 2004-2019, ergo he is a factor in our sh!tful years in the wilderness.

Surely to God there is a competent Sports Medico/Fitness guru out there that can MINIMISE our pathetic history of injuries since 2004! How the hell do we get guys like Mosquito, 18yo's old doing hammies out for months, an old mans injury?

It is just bulltish.

OK?
That’s better! :)

I think you’ll find Quinn was our high performance coach from 1998 to 2008 (happy to be corrected) so yeah he oversaw us at our peak during his time. 1999 to 2001 we were arguably the club others aspired to be like in many facets, fitness being one.

I’ll give you the Gumbleton one though. That was ****ed.

What you want is the same as me.
Cheers and you’re not a knob at all. Glad it works though.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
giphy.gif

these departure messages are so bulls**t.

whats the world turned into when you just cant sack a bloke for being s**t and call it as such.

always kissing everyone's dick.

hate it.
Because these are people still and publicly beating up on their reputation will basically destroy any chance they have of finding similar work in the same field. Being a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead with this sort of thing will only come back to haunt you with defamation suits etc as well as earning a reputation of being unprofessional.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Campbell shouldn't be involved in game day, nor should be blamed for it when we play like ass.

his job is to turn a profit and grow the membership base. which hes doing.

he gets nothing but ticks from me
That would effectively make Campbell nothing but a bean counter. Welcome back to the 80s if that’s how you think accountants should be conducting themselves.

Brian Cook, arguably the best CEO in the game, is all about culture (thanks largely to Frank Costa’s philosophies). “Character first, talent second.”

greysong

Senior List
Apr 1, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be nice if we could discover someone decent by ourselves for a change. Sick of relying on poaching from other clubs because we don't have the smarts to find someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Would be nice if we could discover someone decent by ourselves for a change. Sick of relying on poaching from other clubs because we don't have the smarts to find someone.
Smartest thing a manager/coach can do is to have the best people around them. The search shouldn’t be limited to our own backyard.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Darren Burgess would have been ideal had he not been snapped up by Melbourne.

Someone from Athletics circles would be good however they are all busy in Tokyo Olympics preparations.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Nope - totally disagree.

They are responsible for all facets of the club, including on-field.

We should get rid of him then because he’s basically an EFC super fan who probably can’t even kick 15 meters

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
We should get rid of him then because he’s basically an EFC super fan who probably can’t even kick 15 meters
I am clearly not advocating for his head. What are the reporting lines? I’m assuming the football department reports through to him. Happy to be corrected of i have this wrong.

He’s a SANFL premiership player - he knows footy.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I am clearly not advocating for his head. What are the reporting lines? I’m assuming the football department reports through to him. Happy to be corrected of i have this wrong.

He’s a SANFL premiership player - he knows footy.

I was shitposting I know nothing

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow? Are you sure you are not an old Tigers supporter pre 2010?
If you go back in the thread you’ll see I’m not demanding his head. Just saying that he can’t be immune from the discussion around the state of the club and whatever is wrong, if in fact something is wrong.

Again, this assumes footy department reports through him. If I have this wrong then that’s a different story. If I have it right then clearly on field success is part of his remit.

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
If you go back in the thread you’ll see I’m not demanding his head. Just saying that he can’t be immune from the discussion around the state of the club and whatever is wrong, if in fact something is wrong.

Again, this assumes footy department reports through him. If I have this wrong then that’s a different story. If I have it right then clearly on field success is part of his remit.

He has another head coaching position decision within him before he comes under fire and that is another 3 year assessment after that's been made, if it's a new coach. If he agreed to extend woosh then maybe a 1 year assessment would come about.

But for comparison sake of club CEO's - Xavier Campbell versus Ian Robson? who are you taking?

Back