Justin Leppitsch Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprising. Feel sorry for him but this was always on the cards.

I'm not sure Brisbane could have handled this worse, though. Leppa found out over the phone and the players were informed via email?

Amateur hour.

Will be very interesting to see who they appoint.

Who would have wanted to take over as dogs coach a couple of years ago? Terrible onfield, coach sacked, captain walked, senior players wanting out...

A lot can change with the right appointment.
This is worse. They can't take a trick Leppitsch never had a hope.

McCartnety did all the hard work. Got pushed and now Bevo is just taking the credit. Same thing will happen at Brisbane
Yes and no. McCartney from all reports was a great teacher, definitely instilled a contested ball-winning attitude. Hopeless matchday tactician though. Was completely outcoached in a lot of games.

Yes and no. McCartney from all reports was a great teacher, definitely instilled a contested ball-winning attitude. Hopeless matchday tactician though. Was completely outcoached in a lot of games.

Great man on man coach IMO. All players that dealt with him at Essendon that I spoke to about him had high praise.

Seemed to be lacking the bigger picture though.

The coach is the least of their issues. That club needs a knock down rebuild.
Their facilities are terrible, if the AFL really want to offer assistance they could mask it as an "infrastructure investment" and get the football department and training facilities at least near each other. They need help and it's not great for football to have the Lions in the bottom four for the better part of a decade with no light at the end of the tunnel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would have wanted to take over as dogs coach a couple of years ago? Terrible onfield, coach sacked, captain walked, senior players wanting out...

A lot can change with the right appointment.
There was a lot more talent on the Dogs list then is on the Lions. I cant see us getting out of the bottom 4 for a couple of years.. I think we would be short odds to get the spoon next year.. There isnot a lot going for the Lions at the moment. From talking to a lot of members last month a lot are out for next year..

Not saying he shouldn't move on, but given the same playing list with the same injuries, I doubt any other coach would have done much more this year.

Coach change can do wonders still IMO, and if the players return for preseason and new coach is in with fresh ideas & programs then it can only help lift the energy amongst the group. Next is some funding to improve facilities

Not really a surprise, but I feel for Leppa and family. Unless the AFL address the fundamental issue that the market for AFL in Queensland is 20-30 years from being sustainable then the next coach will meet the same fate, with Gold Coast following closely behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back