Justin Leppitsch Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Why in hecks name would we get anyone from essendon, ever.

Oh yep, thats right, our club are stupid, come one down bomber.
I still consider him a predominantly Geelong coach rather than an Essendon one (besides, he was ok during his one year as a senior coach at Essendon- did better than many coaches would have IMO)
Unless you also have issues with his playing background (also ex Essendon)

I'm not sure an Essendon supporter should be making comment on what clubs are poorly run.

Actually I think we'd almost be the best people (as far as average punters go) to be commenting on what poorly run is.

Greg Swann did not make the decision to dispense with Leppitsch's services. Nor did he make the decision to extend Leppitsch's contract.
lol. You're cute.

No way the board sack him without the recommendation of the CEO.

Not sure why you're still regurgitating club spin. Aren't you sick of being proven wrong?

No way the board sack him without the recommendation of the CEO.

There you go. You've just confirmed that it was the board that made the final decision.

Greg Swann did not make the decision to dispense with Leppitsch's services. Nor did he make the decision to extend Leppitsch's contract.

Not sure why you're still regurgitating club spin. Aren't you sick of being proven wrong?

Proven wrong? In what regard?

Lions are in deep trouble "rolls eyes", last year it was Carlton, year before it was Melbourne When will the media stop throwing this rhetoric at every chance they can get, can we all realise, as a group, that every year, a team will finish last, or 2nd last, and doesn't automatically mean that the team is "in peril," they'll be right in a few years.
It's a combination of on and off-field issues in all of those cases
Interestingly- the comments about Essendon being in trouble have subsided this year (despite them collecting the spoon)- because there's hope in sight
Similarly I don't see people claiming that Freo are in trouble.
Clubs can usually survive if there's stability either on or off-field
It's tougher if they're battling in both ways

I think because the major 'trouble' is not on-field, it's off-field.

Brisbane are a shockingly run club. As in, really, REALLY poorly.

Until that is fixed, the on-field just isn't going to happen.
Part of me feels for Brisbane because they aren't favoured by the AFL , unlike their other North Eastern counterparts
But the other part of me still remembers 2001-3 too well :p

I'm not sure an Essendon supporter should be making comment on what clubs are poorly run.
Predictable response , but fair call :p

Hahaha can't be worse than Mad Bomber,

Well maybe he can, I have no idea of his results with Port Melbourne but as I said previously his named popped up re: candidates for the Brisse job when Leppa was moved on.

I know how much angst he caused while at Geelong, and his walking out of Adelaide mid season.

Interesting times ahead for Brisbane that's for sure

After the Geelong experience, if I was a Lions fan I legitimately would rather they keep Leppitsch than bring in that cancer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you say that? The players would be at Mad Monday, so a team meeting wasn't going to happen. And it was hardly a surprise, just made official what was already commonly known.

I find it very hard to believe that the players wouldn't have been at the club today in an official capacity.

Is Blighty still up in Qld getting paid by Gold Coast to do not much? He'd be entertaining!
From what I hear he's actually doing a pretty good job for the club from a PR perspective.

Probably out playing golf with sponsors.

Hope brissy have learnt their lesson and get a non favourite son as their new coach.

To be fair if they somehow managed to land Paul Roos I think it would be okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back