Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the Clarkson rumour is just that...

Longmuir Senior Coach
Choco Williams Director of Coaching
Voss Senior Assistant
Hodge Development Coach
Suma Peel Coach
Balme GM of Football
Bell CEO

I don’t like much of that at all but just wondering why you think Sumich and Voss would move sideways from what they’re now doing?

I feel like every club supporter base goes through 5 stages in dealing with a coach sacking

1) Shock - No way, did we really finally /actually get rid of him
2) Excitement - Think of what this list can do with a new coach who knows what he's doing
3) Fear - Are we getting some idiot who has no idea / why havent we signed anyone / maybe we shouldnt have fired him
4) Clarkson - I've heard rumours we are getting / seen him buying a house. We are going to win a flag
5) Acceptance - Actual hired coach isnt Clarkson but he's got a terrific resume. Lets see where this goes

Last edited:
My mail on Clarko is 100% on the money. He was here, buying a house. just have to figure out if it was an investment property..
Even if you wanted a WA investment property... you wouldn't buy one in Port Coogee. Smart though showing him now before the strong sea breezes in summer

I don’t like much of that at all but just wondering why you think Sumich and Voss would move sideways from what they’re now doing?
Voss because I think he would be good for Freo's coaching group but I wouldn't want him as senior coach. Sumich at Peel is an opportunity for him to build his currency as a senior coach and to restore some of the fractured relationship with the Freo faithful.

Scott Burns is now an odds-on favourite to replace Don Pyke as the new coach of the Adelaide Crows.
Burns, 44, who played 256 games for Collingwood after being drafted by Norwood in 1992 continues to be the name that many speculate will get the job in 2020.

Burns is understood to have been pipped for the Adelaide job in 2011 by Brenton Sanderson and has long been touted as a potential senior coach having spent time as an assistant coach at West Coast, Collingwood and now Hawthorn.

Think Burns will be a hit. He's gonna cop a lot of flack next year because his list will be fractured (Loss of Betts, Jenkins, B.Crouch, Laird, CEY, Jacobs etc all chances to leave) but I think in the long term he can take the crows to a grand final

My mail on Clarko is 100% on the money. He was here, buying a house. just have to figure out if it was an investment property..
If we have done a backdoor deal with Clarko and the bombshell can only be dropped after a specific time, say 1st of October due to contracts. Why would he be in a massive hurry to come over and buy a house before it has actual happened? I'd see buying a house as a massive investment and only do that once you had an air tight reason to own it.

Everybody know's you enroll your kids in a school first.

I agree with the sentiment, but...

It's unlikely there's definitively one right person and it could be hard to tell exactly who that is, just who you might be more sure of given the available evidence. The available evidence of Sumich suggests from here that he wouldn't be an absolutely standout to take the reins and this is where his baggage as far as Freo becomes a factor.

So it's likely you're going to get someone as bankable (but likely more bankable), but who has more "clean air" to start the role with.

I thought we were looking for a head coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we have done a backdoor deal with Clarko and the bombshell can only be dropped after a specific time, say 1st of October due to contracts. Why would he be in a massive hurry to come over and buy a house before it has actual happened? I'd see buying a house as a massive investment and only do that once you had an air tight reason to own it.

Actually you need an address in the school catchment before you can enroll the kids (in a public school which I doubt Clarkson's kids would go to!)

Last edited:

Everyone knows you get a golf membership first, duh

When I first heard a rumour from a mate last week, Clarko was paying $34 on Sportsbet. Now he's paying $7.

If this happens we get an awesome coach and I'm a little bit richer

I was firmly in the keep Ross brigade and I'm still bemused about what has happened and given player availability, Lyon would have had us playing finals next year (and would have this year without so many injuries).
Having said that, I accept that it's done now and we just have to make sure we get the right team of coaches to go forward, but if uniting the fanbase behind this new era is one of the objectives then hiring Sumich is not the way forward.
I'll get behind just about anyone except Sumich.
this is exactly what i think

He probably has a lot more money than the average person. Doubt he would have to agonise over buying a new property quite as much as say, me

When I first heard a rumour from a mate last week, Clarko was paying $34 on Sportsbet. Now he's paying $7.

If this happens we get an awesome coach and I'm a little bit richer
Yeah I noticed the odds had slashed as well... he’s now third favourite which considering he’s contracted to Hawthorn means either there’s very little money in the pool or somethings a brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back