Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he's the tallest current head coach.
I'm looking forward to seeing him interact with Alistair Clarkson. It will be similar to a Sandilands Ballantyne exchange, visually

I'm glad most of the fans on BigFooty are happy.

It's just if it was me I would have liked some premiership experience from the new coach. I mean if we are content with a losing grand final being the highest level achieved as a coach then I would have kept Ross. IMO if Justin wasn't an ex-docker he wouldn't have the job. Actually let me be more clear, if he didn't have 2 ex-teammates on the panel, he wouldn't have the job. Maybe if we had a player from another club on the panel I'd feel better. Maybe if our 'independent' eyes on the panel wasn't our president's employee, I'd feel better.

I probably would have been happier with Hale or Guerra, at least they have won flags as players under Clarkson.

After doing a bit of reading, I don't think Beveridge fits the example of a returning club champion like Longmuir. He played at 3 different clubs and was traded for next to nothing.

Buckley ultimately failed in winning a flag. so the most recent examples would be Worsfold, Roos and Pagan. Pretty uninspiring imo. I mean if our squiggle looked like 05 or 06 premierships the fans here would be raging.

If we look at the Eagles, Adam Simpson was a 2x premiership player who also achieved a premiership as an assistant coach and he had no ties to West Coast.

It's just if it was me I would have liked some premiership experience from the new coach. I mean if we are content with a losing grand final being the highest level achieved as a coach then I would have kept Ross. IMO if Justin wasn't an ex-docker he wouldn't have the job. Actually let me be more clear, if he didn't have 2 ex-teammates on the panel, he wouldn't have the job. Maybe if we had a player from another club on the panel I'd feel better. Maybe if our 'independent' eyes on the panel wasn't our president's employee, I'd feel better.

I probably would have been happier with Hale or Guerra, at least they have won flags as players under Clarkson.

After doing a bit of reading, I don't think Beveridge fits the example of a returning club champion like Longmuir. He played at 3 different clubs and was traded for next to nothing.

Buckley ultimately failed in winning a flag. so the most recent examples would be Worsfold, Roos and Pagan. Pretty uninspiring imo. I mean if our squiggle looked like 05 or 06 premierships the fans here would be raging.

If we look at the Eagles, Adam Simpson was a 2x premiership player who also achieved a premiership as an assistant coach and he had no ties to West Coast.
Hi Brad. Or is it Kim?

Agree and although it was someting I didn't get involved in JMT was the one I saw being attacked and goaded in a certain thread.

This board was a tough place to comment in if you weren't a Koolaider and JMT was the only one that defended me even if he might not have agreed with what I was posting. Just because the attacks were baseless and unfair. Now he's banned permanently?
That wasn't at all to do with why he was banned from what I can see.
There won't be any official comment on it either, that's a bigfooty policy.

You can look through my post history. Are you suggesting I'm a troll or that I support the eagles or something?

edit - I feel like this whole process would be like if we traded Tabenar for Daniher. Most of the people here would probably love it. But there would be some that didn't.
How bout instead you just give the guy a chance before pre-conceiving that because he coached (as an assistant) a team to a GF Loss, that that is all he is capable of?

Stupid comment really. Something I would expect from a #HagBrad

I agree on one part of this, and that’s I would’ve also liked someone with some premiership success somewhere in their recent past.

For a club that hasn’t tasted the ultimate success, to put our faith in a bloke that hasn’t either is worrying imo, but I keep telling myself that perhaps it’ll drive him more than someone that has already achieved success.

Regardless though, I think he’ll (JLo) bring us a lot of joy as supporters. Premiership success is a massive ask though.

edit - I feel like this whole process would be like if we traded Tabenar for Daniher. Most of the people here would probably love it. But there would be some that didn't.
That's a horrible idea! I really don't understand this idea that Sydney should be giving up 2 first rounders for him. He has serious injury issues, and horrible kicking accuracy

p.s. i don't think you're a troll

I agree on one part of this, and that’s I would’ve also liked someone with some premiership success somewhere in their recent past.

For a club that hasn’t tasted the ultimate success, to put our faith in a bloke that hasn’t either is worrying imo, but I keep telling myself that perhaps it’ll drive him more than someone that has already achieved success.

Regardless though, I think he’ll (JLo) bring us a lot of joy as supporters. Premiership success is a massive ask though.

Its all thats left for this club now. there is no other goal its premiership of bust. * supporter joy honestly.

Look once again we’re not in a position to share the background, but please understand that it’s absolutely not a decision that’s taken lightly which is why admin get involved.

Understand will present as a shock to some folks, but this is not an indication of some kind of draconian new world order!

EXACTLY what the NWO would say :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried that. Got Deleted.
That wasn't at all to do with why he was banned from what I can see.
There won't be any official comment on it either, that's a bigfooty policy.
I was just about to start a new thread for this before reading Purples comment.

I don't know what Jedi Mind Tricks got banned permanently for but am saying because he doesn't have a say or appeal or comeback, he was being flamed, goaded and attacked on the boards before his ban.

He is a poster that in the past has pulled others up for unfair and bullying comments whether he has agreed or disagreed with what was being posted. That is my personal experience with JMT and observations on how he's interacted with others. Can you reconsider a permanent ban?

On other boards I've reported two posters that were both attacking victims, one on a George Pell thread who was a Catholic that had been abused in the system as a boy and was being totally rag dolled by another poster. Noting was done. One poster deleted his account and the other stopped posting in that particular thread.

Nothing was done by those moderators and while not making assertions about mods on this board as I understand it's a necessary but difficult job, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances of the poster and biases by moderators that means reports don't work.

I was just about to start a new thread for this before reading Purples comment.

I don't know what Jedi Mind Tricks got banned permanently for but am saying because he doesn't have a say or appeal or comeback, he was being flamed, goaded and attacked on the boards before his ban.

He is a poster that in the past has pulled others up for unfair and bullying comments whether he has agreed or disagreed with what was being posted. That is my personal experience with JMT and observations on how he's interacted with others. Can you reconsider a permanent ban?

On other boards I've reported two posters that were both attacking victims, one on a George Pell thread who was a Catholic that had been abused in the system as a boy and was being totally rag dolled by another poster. Noting was done. One poster deleted his account and the other stopped posting in that particular thread.

Nothing was done by those moderators and while not making assertions about mods on this board as I understand it's a necessary but difficult job, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances of the poster and biases by moderators that means reports don't work.
In the end it just comes down to breaking rules and the enforcement of those rules. On the surface it looks like our rules are simply being enforced by our moderators which is what should happen. We all operate under the same rules on here, the question is on moderators that are not doing their job which is what you've pointed out.

It wasn't anything to do with this thread or other conduct within a thread elsewhere on this board.

This action was done by higher than the Freo board moderators and we aren't going to give any details. This won't turn into a sideshow.
Did he get a right of reply, chance to put his case or appeal which would be following fair process in a permanent ban situation?

Asking because this seems totally out of character for JMT.

Did he get a right of reply, chance to put his case or appeal which would be following fair process in a permanent ban situation?

Asking because this seems totally out of character for JMT.

Knowing that is above my pay grade, my job here is to protect any other innocent parties involved by shutting down any further discussion on it.

So it's done now. If you need more about it, talk to him directly.

Knowing that is above my pay grade, my job here is to protect any other innocent parties involved by shutting down any further discussion on it.

So it's done now. If you need more about it, talk to him directly.
How can I talk to him directly he's been banned?

I'm sorry, but as a moderator you don't know whether someone has a right of reply or any appeal if they're banned?

Naaah don't believe that of if it's correct, you're the SS following orders blindly?

How can I talk to him directly he's been banned?

I'm sorry, but as a moderator you don't know whether someone has a right of reply or any appeal if they're banned?

Naaah don't believe that of if it's correct, you're the SS following orders blindly?

More like I'm the agent of the court maintaining the safety of victims that the judge, who in full possession of the facts against the accused, decided to put the accused away for life.

I wasn't involved in the process at all.

More like I'm the agent of the court maintaining the safety of victims that the judge, who in full possession of the facts against the accused, decided to put away for life.

I wasn't involved in the process at all.

That’s fair and I respect your position Taylor but you can’t expect speculation to immediately dissipate and civilised requests for more information not to be made when such a well known poster is banned. I would suspect it is to do with PM’s and we’re not privy to that but I think stipulating further discussion on this will be shut down is Draconian.

That’s fair and I respect your position Taylor but you can’t expect speculation to immediately dissipate and civilised requests for more information not to be made when such a well known poster is banned. I would suspect it is to do with PM’s and we’re not privy to that but I think stipulating further discussion on this will be shut down is Draconian.
I'm not supposed to be talking about it at all. But I've said all I have to say about it.

Justin Longmuir was one of the best assistants in the system, he worked in several development roles, he knows midfield through his time playing in the ruck there, he knows forwardline through playing there and working as a forwardline coach with West Coast (one of the best forwardlines in the league, where he has been credited for the development of Kennedy and Darling - 2 All Australian forwards) and he knows the backline through working as a backline coach with Collingwood (arguably the best backline in the league - where the personnel he had to work with there are imo not of the quality of our backline).

He has done a 10 year apprenticeship soaking in knowledge all around the ground from many people who have been involved in the ultimate success. The circumstance of J-Lo being an ex fremantle player and the current fremantle senior coach are seperate, he was a name being thrown up for several jobs and if anything we are lucky to have existing ties that saw him put off other offers for us.

He has said he want to create a gameplan that balances defence and offence, he has said he wants to develop players skill and he has said he wants to encourage players to play on instinct and use their natural talents along with developing them mentally.

There is absolutely nothing out there to prove that any candidate was better than this, to compare his journey to others and expect him to fail before he has even coached a game is unfair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back