Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen JL show so much emotion, he seemed so concerned over Banfield, and after the game when we got the win he was ecstatic slapping the table! Loved it, I've got faith

I reckon he may have given Bailey a clip about his forward pressure and Bailey went in hard. He might've felt a bit guilty. Just speculating though.

Was thinking the exact thing last night. Not sure if its the way we setup and/or the way teams defend us leaving D50 but we have more than enough good kicks out of the backline to do something better than what we tend to.

They're paranoid about kicking across the face IMO. Young is probably kicking himself still from setting up the Heeney speccy, for example. I think the first Carlton game he kicked straight to an intercept player. When I watch the top teams they kick the ball fast and low which is hard to intercept, problem is our players are prone to drop it or it bouncing off the chest. I think we just need to give these young blokes time to settle in and they need to trust each other more. I actually think JLO is encouraging them to take the riskier option, for what it's worth.

God, I’m flip flopping more than a thong factory.

we are just so astoundingly ordinary at times, making so many basic errors that good sides don’t make…and yet….we are young, we are very inexperienced and have a group that individually is capable of great things…and occasionally as a group…

we may be just a good injury run away from something…or one more draft.

the method seems to be improving…occasionally….

Last edited:

God, I’m flip flopping more than thong factory.

we are just so astoundingly ordinary at times, making so many basic errors that good sides don’t make…and yet….we are young, we are very inexperienced and have a group that individually is capable of great things…and occasionally as a group…

we may be just a good injury run away from something…or one more draft.

the method seems to be improving…occasionally….
Feels very 2011/2012.

Was thinking the exact thing last night. Not sure if its the way we setup and/or the way teams defend us leaving D50 but we have more than enough good kicks out of the backline to do something better than what we tend to.
Generally speaking we look scared as * of using the corridor.
There were a few times where Mundy and others quietly drifted in there and had space but we barely looked in there and kept going up the boundaries.
Needs to change and hopefully will come with more confidence.

How many times do we have to go into a big game underprepared before we start asking serious questions?

It can’t always be the players.
We have 7 or 8 players that should still be at Peel and made to earn a spot, they are our Jordan Clarke's and Charlie Constable's if you like. In a good team like the Cats they dont get a game but they get a game every week for us. If you dont have our bottom third of players playing at the top of their game you are going to struggle and ours are just too inconsistent.

I am not convinced that he is going to make it as a head coach. He has been out coached on my many occasions and has no plan b. Our forward line is worse than when Ross had it. It’s gotta be finals next year or gone. We brought him in with a team already three years into a rebuild and now another two years have gone by.

I am not convinced that he is going to make it as a head coach. He has been out coached on my many occasions and has no plan b. Our forward line is worse than when Ross had it. It’s gotta be finals next year or gone. We brought him in with a team already three years into a rebuild and now another two years have gone by.
If he doesn’t cull a few players? It’s like watching Freo coached by Neesham. Team defence doesn’t hide the lack of tackles, blocks and general lack of intensity.
No club will win a flag with down hill skiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't put much stock in these 'outcoached' calls unless people can actually elaborate on what they mean.

Most people seem to conflate outcoached with the other team just being better.
Has anyone ever explained what they mean by “out coached”. Doesn’t feel like it.

Is it poor coaching or its just our style. We dont put any fwd half pressure on whatsoever once the ball hits the deck it just gets cleared out for a rebound.
Is that coaching or players is suspect a bit of both

Is it poor coaching or its just our style. We dont put any fwd half pressure on whatsoever once the ball hits the deck it just gets cleared out for a rebound.
Is that coaching or players is suspect a bit of both

who the * is coaching the forwards to allow them not to chase and tackle and the forwards not to ******* lead?

Outcoached means you keep allowing the same problems to affect the teams performance and having little idea how to fix the issues

I don’t think you get outcoached on game days

We were bad at pressure and tackling last year and it’s got worse with no selection pressure on players to improve

Gonzo if you ask me

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I don't put much stock in these 'outcoached' calls unless people can actually elaborate on what they mean.

Most people seem to conflate outcoached with the other team just being better.
Has anyone ever explained what they mean by “out coached”. Doesn’t feel like it.
For me, across any sport, there are probably 4 key parts to "outcoached":
* poor preparation for your opponent and their game style / team list;
* poor team selection - not holding players accountable for prior performance, and not adjusting selectons to take account of weather / opponent weaknesses / tactical advantages;
* poor in game adjustments, lack of reactions to trends and trying to change momentum. Won't always work, but don't just sit back and watch the game slip away;
* inability to squeeze effort and sustained improvement out of less naturally gifted players. Lots of people can coach star studded teams with natural athletes and look great. Great coaches (and even decent ones) find ways to get sustained improvement and meaningful contributions from the least naturally talented players.

Great coaching isn't about what you do with your best 15 athletes, it is how good you are at getting consistency and sustainable improvement from the bottom half of your team.

If the troops aren't good enough it doesn't matter what the game plan is or what the coach does.

you could literally set your watch to our kick outs.

always to the pocket/wing on the left side of the ground. The players don't want to bite off the kick down the middle so we do this. every. *******. time. it is killing us moving the ball out of defence. Thats coaching.

Guys, everyone needs to relax. Our game plan of not making tackles, giving the opposition s**t tonnes of space and bombing it into 50 is coming along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back