Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your underselling 2012-15 period. Yes we didn't win a comp but it was a successful period for the club.

We made 3 consective top 4 finishes in the H&A, won the minor premiership, made a GF and won 2 interstate finals the only ones in the club history.

That group of players did the best they could and with a bit of luck could have pinched a premiership.

Compared to some other GFs since we lost honorably. Adelaide, Sydney, GWS, WC, Buldogs all got absolutely thrashed.
Irrelevant because we didn’t win one. For the ridiculously summarised reasons I mentioned.

What a different world we would be in right now if the coach wasn't already signed up for the extension with these results and other clubs exploring options.
Taylor, did you ever consider switching back to that Amanda Crew avatar? It was so easy on the eye haha.

I can do that
I remember when some dude on the boards told you, "You think you can say whatever you want to and you're never wrong, just because you're some hot chick!" *or words to that effect
ROFL

I remember when some dude on the boards told you, "You think you can say whatever you want to and you're never wrong, just because you're some hot chick!" *or words to that effect
ROFL
One day someone will punch me in the face and I'll get a nose done like Amanda's. One day.

What a different world we would be in right now if the coach wasn't already signed up for the extension with these results and other clubs exploring options.
I must admit, this is my favourite thread to read back on, I still don’t see the reasoning as to why some supporters were so against JLo at the start & then the doubt when he was offered the extension.
He was always the best option at the beginning & he always stated a clear plan. Build & redefine our defence, ball movement & skills & then forward connection. There was clear improvement all the way along with each part of the plan & now the entire system is coming together we are seeing the results.

Extending him early probably saved the club a lot of money. JLo is so hot right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good point. If he continues the trajectory then he's in for a massive payday in a couple of years. Anyone know if we're still paying Lyon or was that all done in one go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a few people who used how he presented in the media to qualify his coaching value, which is a form of madness, I’m pretty sure

Yeah, don’t get it. It’s not like Bill Belichick oozes charisma.

You don’t have to be a footy nerd to see what he was trying to implement the last few years. I thought we were playing quality football last season but just weren’t capitalising on the scoreboard.

I’ll admit, the only time I doubted JL was the St Kilda loss. Felt like a regression back to the 2020 gameplan but we’ve been on fire ever since.

Plus it’s a quality “brand” of football to watch.

I'm not sure I believe in there being "games you have to lose", but if there ever was one it was that game against St Kilda. Watched again the context of what we did in Geelong it's such a bizarre outlier.

If I remember right, there were rumours he tore the players to shreds after the St Kilda game.

The response has been emphatic to say the least. Any doubts about his ability to communicate with the players have definitely been silenced.

If I remember right, there were rumours he tore the players to shreds after the St Kilda game.

The response has been emphatic to say the least. Any doubts about his ability to communicate with the players have definitely been silenced.
The tone of his post-match presser could be summarised by the phrase "I'm not angry, I'm disappointed".

Its not just Jlo its both him and assistant ,Jaymie Graham. We should keep the two together, the duo together has seen this improvement and is the right formulae for the future.

Its not just Jlo its both him and assistant ,Jaymie Graham. We should keep the two together, the duo together has seen this improvement and is the right formulae for the future.

I think the collective of those two with Boyd, Tendai, Bob, Corey and Carr are a pretty decent group.

The “I’m not angry I’m just disappointed” speech can work far far better than ranting and raving- especially if the person delivering said speech is someone you respect. Think it’s pretty clear that the players love JL.

And why wouldn’t they? He’s a bloody silver fox 🦊
It was a while ago and I can't remember who it was (perhaps Sheedy).

Something along the lines of each player has a different personality and you need to coach to that. Some types will respond to the spray while it could put others into their shell. Some may respond to some quiet constructive criticism while for others it will just go out the other ear.

It gave an interesting insight. A delicate balancing act is coaching.

Me? If I'm copping a spray I tend to switch off and not listen.

JLo’s first great move to build a strong culture was to get rid of Hogan at all cost.

JLo can be ruthless as well.

Yep, not playing Hogan in 2020 when he was fit (sort of) and available, and the best performed big forward on the list, showed strength and long-term planning.

JLo’s first great move to build a strong culture was to get rid of Hogan at all cost.

JLo can be ruthless as well.

I agree with this, remember Conca, seemed to be a great bloke playing reasonable footy but Longmuir didn’t see a role for him in the way he wanted to play and he was gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back