Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meek would be better forward than Tabs
How so? Tabs is 197 cm and plays full forward. Taberner has kicked 150 goals from 115 games. Meeks has not.

Meek has proven to kick the occasional goal.

But if Meek can kick 25-30 goals a season up forward, that's good enough to fill Lobbs spot after 2023 or 2024

LOL. Strong reaction...Maybe I needed more emoji's in there. It wasn't that serious.

Overreacting Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
Haha, beat me to it - I just took it down. It's been a long day ;)

How so? Tabs is 197 cm and plays full forward. Taberner has kicked 150 goals from 115 games. Meeks has not.

Meek has proven to kick the occasional goal.

But if Meek can kick 25-30 goals a season up forward, that's good enough to fill Lobbs spot after 2023 or 2024
Because at the moment Tabs isn’t fit

Even more of a reason to rotate or rest players.
The funny thing was in the 1st half of the season when freo had 8 wins and 4 losses, Freo rotated the fringe players.

Well it was forced due to players having COVID. Crazy to think it was a blessing in disguise as dockers constantly rotated the kids and fringe players.

Because at the moment Tabs isn’t fit
Well if Tabs isn't fit, probably a good ideas to rest him and freshen him up for the Derby.

If I think Freo has no chance to win this week vs the dogs, might has well rest half the side and bring them back for the last 2 games of the season

The funny thing was in the 1st half of the season when freo had 8 wins and 4 losses, Freo rotated the fringe players.

Well it was forced due to players having COVID. Crazy to think it was a blessing in disguise as dockers constantly rotated the kids and fringe players.
100%.

AFL is a long season and load management makes a lot of sense to me.

If a player is struggling fitness wise either with niggles or tiredness, then give them a week off makes sense to me.

Plus, you can’t be intense for too long. We could rotate small forwards with the depth we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It stinks hey
And to think some people on here thought missing out on finals altogether in 2022 was a good thing LoL 😂.

Prior to this season , it was 7 years out Of 27 Freo made finals.

Now it's gonna be 8 out of 28.

6 finals wins from 1995-2021. Hoping to add another one this season

Looking at one of our best seasons in terms of performances away from Perth.

We've gained 26 points on the Premiership table in games played outside of WA this season. (6W 1D)

If we beat GWS in Round 23 and get it up to 7 wins 1 draw from interstate games, it will surpass the 28 points (7 wins) we got from away games in 2015 - which is the best for performances away from Perth in the club's history.

NB: I am not including away game wins in Perth against WC. We also had 7 interstate wins in 2012 - but that includes the 1 in the finals against Geelong.

Last edited:
Looking at one of our best seasons in terms of performances away from Perth.

We've gained 26 points on the Premiership table in games played outside of WA this season. (6W 1D)

If we beat GWS in Round 23 and get it up to 7 wins 1 draw from interstate games, it will surpass the 28 points (7 wins) we got from away games in 2015 - which is the best for performances away from Perth in the club's history.

NB: I am not including away game wins in Perth against WC. We also had 7 interstate wins in 2012 - but that includes the 1 in the finals against Geelong.
Team doesn’t like playing in the wet or Optus.
No point finishing top 4, there is no home ground advantage 😜

So if Freo win Longmire out-coaches his opponent. If we lose Longmire is out-coached by his opponent?

Are there any games when players don't execute or is it just all on the coach?

Fair point but I think the players came out with a clear plan to move the ball quicker from the opening bounce. Brayshaw took on a tough kick and turned it over and while the commentators saw it as a bad sign, I knew it meant that we were going to take the game on more.

So if Freo win Longmire out-coaches his opponent. If we lose Longmire is out-coached by his opponent?

Are there any games when players don't execute or is it just all on the coach?

Last week. Classic example of the players getting beaten and not executing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back