Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you guys walk out on the G for the GF it should be different cut cameras of groups playing those drums, Shawn McManus, Troy Cook, Haselby ******* Clive in there. Be the best pre game entertainment of all time. Luke Jackson can get on them he looks like a drumber

That may be simply a result of the stage of development the team is at. But it also feels a bit like it is an extension of the "use players in the position they were drafted in" line of thought.

I don't think it's pigeon-holing players in their draft position exactly. It's more that he's the sort of coach who values players for their strengths rather than judging them for their weaknesses, and who values consistency and clarity of message over erraticness.

This leads to him giving players very defined roles where we can best harness their strengths. It's worked wonders with players like Brodie and Acres, but it means he's never going to be the sort of coach who just throws magnets around the board with any regularity (other than the occasional Mr Fix-it like Aish).

happy god bless GIF by sofiahydman

Was listening to an interview with him with Pav today.

Make no mistake about it this is the man to lead us the way forward.

I don't doubt it. The youngest team inside the 8 with so much growth. Eurasmus Johnson and Amiss will be the next wave of players and Walls eye for talent the club will be a force.

Was listening to an interview with him with Pav today.

Make no mistake about it this is the man to lead us the way forward.
Out of 100% the coach will get depending on the situation,

-10-20% of the blame or praise of the club's performance.

-20-30% is down to recruiting and development.

-20-30% is down to the medical staff and strength and conditioning staff/coaches

-30-50% is on the playing staff itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel Freo are 1 gun key forward and 1 gun small forward short

Things can change quickly though
Jackson will make our forwards better. Sure he won’t kick 30-40 goals, but he will
bring others into the game.
I’d like to see a Erasmus, Treacy, Jackson forward line and the hurt that would
bring.

Jackson will make our forwards better. Sure he won’t kick 30-40 goals, but he will
bring others into the game.
I’d like to see a Erasmus, Treacy, Jackson forward line and the hurt that would
bring.
Treacy needs to start kicking goals in the WAFL. He is not a Noddy where you play him at the top level and he exceeds expectations. Maybe we could justify another shot but we really need him to make his case. Come on cyclone please break into the squad!

Treacy needs to start kicking goals in the WAFL. He is not a Noddy where you play him at the top level and he exceeds expectations. Maybe we could justify another shot but we really need him to make his case. Come on cyclone please break into the squad!

He was kicking bags with Amiss until Amiss was badly injured. Sturt was too.

Looking at one of our best seasons in terms of performances away from Perth
[•••]
If we beat GWS in Round 23 and get it up to 7 wins 1 draw from interstate games, it will surpass the 28 points (7 wins) we got from away games in 2015 - which is the best for performances away from Perth in the club's history.
[•••]
What a great season and well,,, those last 3 games were all 'W'. JLo and whole team has delivered. Even 'purplesumich' would have to admit it.

What a great season and well,,, those last 3 games were all 'W'. JLo and whole team has delivered. Even 'purplesumich' would have to admit it.
Good to have the win at the G against the Dees, hopefully the AFL fixture in a few more next year given the wins we've had. 5 games at Marvel and 1 at the G this season...

He can’t atm. He’s got glandular fever.

I feel Freo are 1 gun key forward and 1 gun small forward short

Things can change quickly though
You might be right.

Again.... It's scary how this current Freo side is similar to Freos 2012-15 finals side. Very good backline, solid versatile midfield and a struggling forward line.

Only difference in the 2012-5 and current forward line is versatility.

That 2012-5 forward line was heavily reliant on Pavlich, mayne, Ballantyne and Walters.

Our current forward line still averages 11-14 goals a game but at least there is depth on talls and smalls. Tabs, Lobb, Logue, Traecy, Amiss, Frederick, Schulz, Switkowski, Walters and Coyler

You might be right.

Again.... It's scary how this current Freo side is similar to Freos 2012-15 finals side. Very good backline, solid versatile midfield and a struggling forward line.

Only difference in the 2012-5 and current forward line is versatility.

That 2012-5 forward line was heavily reliant on Pavlich, mayne, Ballantyne and Walters.

Our current forward line still averages 11-14 goals a game but at least there is depth on talls and smalls. Tabs, Lobb, Logue, Traecy, Amiss, Frederick, Schulz, Switkowski, Walters and Coyler

We’ve got more goal kicking mids compared to that era

He can’t atm. He’s got glandular fever.
I know haha I meant during the year he had his chance. Across the last 5 games he kicked two goals! I know it was raining and he was rucking as well but we really need him to pull through.

We’ve got more goal kicking mids compared to that era
Really? I thought it was similar to be honest.

Saying that.... I look at certain players in that 2012 season.

Clancee Pearce in 2012 averaged 19.5 disposals a game and kicked 16 goals and 10 behinds. Every other dockers Season , he averaged 15 disposals a game.

I think Matt de Boer and Nick Suban kicked 10-15 goals each that season too.

But as I said.... Freos role or rotation players of 2012-15 were guys like Clancee Pearce, Nick Suban, Cam Sutcliffe, Tom Sheridan, Tendai Mzungu and Matt de Boer.

Freos current rotating players are the likes of Blake arces, James Aish, Michael Frederick and Will Broadie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back