Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have predicted on many threads on here that Justin Longmuir will last around 5-7 years.

Heres what I think will happen. Freo will sadly finish 9th or 10th or 11th this year.

Lets look at the 2022 fixture. I think 2022 is make or break for J-Lo. I say freo makes finals, possibly get an elim final win and gets a 2-3 year deal.

It would be stupid to extend his contract now, then every thing turns to garbage.

The club have sold Sean Darcy and are trying to sell Adam Cerra a vision of The Fremantle Football Club in 2022/23/24/25.

Going into 2022 with an unsigned coach makes player recruitment/retention much more difficult.

What would J-Lo be on? $400,000? Assuming he's ticked every box internally to this point sign him up for unity and stability and if it goes pear shaped pay him out.

The club have sold Sean Darcy and are trying to sell Adam Cerra a vision of The Fremantle Football Club in 2022/23/24/25.

Going into 2022 with an unsigned coach makes player recruitment/retention much more difficult.

What would J-Lo be on? $400,000? Assuming he's ticked every box internally to this point sign him up for unity and stability and if it goes pear shaped pay him out.

Probably that. We were paying Ross Lyon 1 million a year. But he got us 9 finals matches in 4 years though.

Yeah I'm unconvinced on Longmuir, and don't like that Bell is pulling the strings.
They are good mates, and I don't see Longmuir as the panacea

Yeah I'm unconvinced on Longmuir, and don't like that Bell is pulling the strings.
They are good mates, and I don't see Longmuir as the panacea
We're all incensed as our team is being pummeled in an eerily similar fashion to last week, but I've got to say, his tactical nous, or lack thereof, isn't filling me with confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we've got an ok coach, but he ain't going to get us a flag.

Thats what I am thinking. Not that this is a bad thing.

I said Justin Longmuir would last 5-7 years. And I see freo good enough to have a 3 year run of elim finals like Carlton did in 2009-11 and richmond of 2013-15. Just hoping we get to win an elim final with this side.

Why should he give up posting. He is disappointed with another sub standard performance.
He can do what ever he wants with his membership.

He's said doesn't care anymore. Why spend time on something you don't care about. I'm not fussed whether they post again or not but binning your membership and saying you don't care is someone's choice but I think it's legitimate to ask if that means they aren't posting any more?

Sounds like they're done?

He's said doesn't care anymore. Why spend time on something you don't care about. I'm not fussed whether they post again or not but binning your membership and saying you don't care is someone's choice but I think it's legitimate to ask if that means they aren't posting any more?

Sounds like they're done?
I look at it another way to me it’s alarming that he’s thinking that way he wouldn’t be alone either and would be a real concern fir the club.

I’m not sure people are reading the situation correctly. JLo inherited this list & is setting up a structure & style that can be successful with the right personel.
He’s getting a viewing of who is going to be part of the future & who isn’t & the calls made at the end of this season & next will shape whether JLo is a successful coach or not.
There is a lot of improvement in some key stats, but we don’t yet have the personel to consistently carry out the game style he’s looking for.
The concern is if Cerra goes & then Mundy the following year, atm they are out 2 best ball users & we have to replace that quality ball use between the arcs & delivery inside 50 as they are not currently on the list.

I think he’s a good coach and he’s implemented a gameplan that looks great when it’s on. I’ve actually been impressed by how quick he changed things both last year and this. Our defence was excellent last year and this year some of our transition work has been elite only to be undone by inexplicable stupidity by players and poor shooting on goal. He seems to be able to implement a gameplan pretty well, he has a lot to show for:
A) Instilling hardness intro the guys
B) This might tie into A but whatever the * our team is doing in regards to tackle pressure. We seem to prioritise holding space rather then tackling and trusting the next one in to cover your man. This does not work against better teams, yet alone in finals. There needs to be a 500% increase in sticking tackles and actual tackles attempted

Last edited:
If you want throw in your membership or stop going to the games because the club is struggling whatever, it's a free country and your hard earned. But going around advertising the decision is very lame for mine.

I agree.

At the end of the day we all hate the Dockers, but we also love them. We all hate each other on here, but we're all in it together until we win the Cup.

We're at the cross roads atm. Do we go hard in the draft or do we bring in experienced players...or my favourite do both! Coaches contract? Star Players contracts?

We're in no mans land tbh, we don't know what to think, the club has no idea what's going on too and what's their next move. Should be an interesting off season.

I look at it another way to me it’s alarming that he’s thinking that way he wouldn’t be alone either and would be a real concern fir the club.

Cool. I'd ask the same question of all those people. I can't just check out so I'm wondering what's going on for people that feel they need to. If it's a grandstanding kind of thing then that's different. Theres a melt thread for that.

His gameplan clearly had Sydney (one of the form sides of the comp) reeling in the first quarter, they had no answer for the way we won the ball, moved the ball and structured our defence and it even held up in the second quarter after Sydney addressed our dominance. He can obviously coach, and coach well. Just needs the cattle. It's very obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back